Dream Theater Reveal New Album Artwork

Gompers

http://www.progrockm...d-tracklisting/

http://www.progrockmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/album_610_340.jpg

US prog rockers Dream Theater have revealed the cover art for their new album, simply entitled Dream Theater, due to be released on Roadrunner Records on September 23.

Says guitarist John Petrucci about Dream Theater, “I see every new album as an opportunity to start over. To either build or improve upon a direction that has been evolving over time or to completely break new ground. This is the first self-titled album of our career and there is nothing I can think of that makes a statement of musical and creative identity stronger than that. We’ve fully explored all of the elements that make us unique, from the epic and intense to the atmospheric and cinematic. We’re incredibly excited about Dream Theater and can’t wait for everyone to hear it.”

Produced by the guitarist and engineered and mixed by Richard Chycki at Cover City Studio in Glen Cove, Long Island, the new album is the first that new drummer Mike Mangini has had a hand in the writing process.

“When people hear the drumming on this album, they’re gonna be pretty freaked out,” adds Petrucci. “On the last album, he did a great job, but he wasn’t there for the writing process and he was interpreting drum parts that I had programmed. Even though he used his creativity, of course, to change them up and do his thing, I feel like now he’s just Mike Mangini unleashed. It’s all him. It’s all his creativity, all his decisions and ideas and man, the guy’s an animal.”

The full tracklisting of Dream Theater is:

1. False Awakening Suite

i. Sleep Paralysis ii. Night Terrors iii. Lucid Dream

2. The Enemy Inside

3. The Looking Glass

4. Enigma Machine

5. The Bigger Picture

6. Behind The Veil

7. Surrender To Reason

8. Along For The Ride

9. Illumination Thoery

i. Paradoxe de la Lumiere Noire ii. Live, Die , Kill iii. The Embracing Code iv. The Pursuit Of Truth v. Surrender, Trust & Passion

I could be wrong, but The Bigger Picture and Along for the Ride sound like Petrucci´s lyrics. And judging by some of the other titles, it seems John Myung has started to contribute a little bit more with lyrics. I can definitely see the man who wrote "Lifting Shadows of a Dream being the author of Behind The Veil and/or Surrender To Reason.

Eh, not crazy about that art but I'm super stoked about this album.

That is ONE uninspired cover art.But like you, I´m very excited about what the new album will bring.

Album covers really don't mean that much anymore when you consider we live in a world where people don't buy physical copies of albums like they used to. Still, i'm very much looking forward to the album, it is Dream Theater after all.

Eh, not crazy about that art but I'm super stoked about this album.

That is ONE uninspired cover art.

Looks like something off the hood of a luxury car.

I'd rather an album with a dull wank cover with colourful, vibrant music over an album with a colourful, vibrant cover with dull wank music.

Well it might a dull wank cover with dull wank music...the former often precedes the latter...

looks like roman numerals.. I see my name in there.. MMCXII.. but maybe I'm just seeing what I want to se lol

From Classic Rock Presents Prog twitter feed:

"People want our reaction to the new Dream Theater: different to DTOE. Heavier, more melodic, proggier. Some great time changes. Thumbs up"

Heavier? No. Melodic and proggier? Definitely!

That has been said on the press about each and every DT release since at least Scenes from a Memory. I hope it's rie this time!!"

"I hope it´s RIE this time"???? Man, I HAVE to stop posting here from my Smartphone, especially when I´m coming home from work! :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

I know it´s fake, but this alleged snippet off the new album has just leaked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9wAstB0N9Q

So what now that they re-wrote Images & Words they're going for it again by re-writing SFAM starting with "Home, pt II- Not really Home" :laughing guy: