Is it too early to call the upcoming NCCA football season for . .

PS -- I am as tired of seeing Alabama win the NCG as any of you.

Bama plays Texas A&M in the second game of the season.

Go Johnny football and the Aggies! Beat Bama in that game!

Quoting myself yet again, to clarify this time.

In case anybody is wondering, if Alabama turns out to be the SEC Champion again this year, OF COURSE i will be pulling for Bama to win in the National Championship Game, for the honor of the SEC. I just don't want it to go that far. I would much prefer it if somebody other than Alabama won the SEC championship this year and went on to represent the SEC in the NCG (yes, I am assuming here that the SEC champion will play in the NCG, but that seems a reasonable assumption considering the last 7 years of CFB.)

Come on, Bama fans. You have won 3 National Championships in the past 4 years. Don't be so damned greedy. Spread the love a bit.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

Season kicks off tomorrow with South Carolina versus North Carolina at 6 pm eastern on ESPN.

Go Cocks!

Traditionally, SC ALWAYS plays not-very-well in the first game of the season. I am hoping they break that long standing tradition with a beat down of the Tarheels. I want to see Clowney and company get about six sacks to start the season off with a bang!

Just tell me who the best college players are this year so that I can inform the SAINTS scouts. I demand that we get the best players! The world needs this, especially the little children in Africa who need SAINTS wins every single week of a 16-0 regular season :notworthy: for their very survival! :sundog: :hail: Edited by treeduck

Love that Bielema came to Arkansas. His philosophy is that of Saban's. Build a big and deep front line on both sides of the ball and have a solid running game that is enhanced with the pass.

Straight forward football that is focused on stopping the opponent first and then "physically" scoring on them.

Petrino's offense was exciting but without a defense you are doomed in the SEC.

Got a young team that ought to be stelllar in a few years!

Wooo Pig Soooie!!!

Edited by Mystic Rythm

In case anybody is wondering, if Alabama turns out to be the SEC Champion again this year, OF COURSE i will be pulling for Bama to win in the National Championship Game, for the honor of the SEC. I just don't want it to go that far. I would much prefer it if somebody other than Alabama won the SEC championship this year and went on to represent the SEC in the NCG (yes, I am assuming here that the SEC champion will play in the NCG, but that seems a reasonable assumption considering the last 7 years of CFB.)

Come on, Bama fans. You have won 3 National Championships in the past 4 years. Don't be so damned greedy. Spread the love a bit.

LOL, I caught myself rooting for Virginia Tech, a little bit, yesterday, for this very reason. I thought it was funny that Virginia Tech is supposed to be so great at special teams and Alabama scored a punt return and kickoff return for TD. Alabama looked like a pro team out there, yesterday. After watching aTm's defense struggle with Rice, I think Alabama might put the ass whooping on aTm next week.

SC not playing poorly in this opening game. Up 17-0 against NC at end of first quarter.

GET THAT ACC TRASH OFF OUR FIELD!

Our offense looked good, especially our Running Backs Wilds and Davis. Dylan Thompson has ice water in his veins. After watching Georgia's OL, last night, our D-line is going to have a field day next week.

SC not playing poorly in this opening game. Up 17-0 against NC at end of first quarter.

GET THAT ACC TRASH OFF OUR FIELD!

Our offense looked good, especially our Running Backs Wilds and Davis. Dylan Thompson has ice water in his veins. After watching Georgia's OL, last night, our D-line is going to have a field day next week.

It's hard to judge by just one game, but my impression of both Georgia and Clemson from that wild game was that both team's defenses suck.

LOL, I caught myself rooting for Virginia Tech, a little bit, yesterday, for this very reason. I thought it was funny that Virginia Tech is supposed to be so great at special teams and Alabama scored a punt return and kickoff return for TD. Alabama looked like a pro team out there, yesterday. After watching aTm's defense struggle with Rice, I think Alabama might put the ass whooping on aTm next week.

Bama has some serious issues on offense, while A&M has some serious issues on defense.

Early conclusion after the first week: there is not a single team in the country that is clearly dominant over everybody else.

The NCG race is wide open.

I disagree. There is only one team standing in the way of cLIMPson making a National Championship run, and that is the Gamecocks. They are good, and they don't play in a tough conference. They don't have Virginia Tech or North Carolina, although they could face VT in the ACC Championship.

We can make a run at the SEC Championship, if we can beat Georgia next week.

Alabama is unstoppable. If we make it to Atlanta, we'll have to play the best game we've ever played to beat them. If Alabama makes it to the National Championship, I don't see anyone stopping them. But, we'll know more about Alabama when they play aTm.

Poor Mississippi State: Will they ever be able to score points?

West Virginia was pitiful: They deserved to lose that game. I watched it.

Why was Oregon playing Nicholls State?

I knew Eastern Washington would upset Oregon State, but I didn't see the North Dakota State upset over Kansas State. WOW!

lol at Florida.

Florida is going down, with 3 minutes left in the game and Miami up 21-9.

I started out pulling for Florida to win this game (for the honor of the SEC blah blah blah), but Florida's offense has been so inept. giving the game away to Miami, that I stopped pulling for Florida and started laughing at their many offensive miscues instead.

Uh . . go ACC!?

I went to Athens Saturday. It was my first away game and the Roosters disappointed me on defense. Our defense always kept us in games, before. Now, that we have an offense, the defense blows. We're just not very good in big, road games

The trip to Athens kicked ass. They have busses that take you right to the stadium, for free, and there.was no parking fee. Traffic was very well coordinated.

DPR, I hope that we can make it to a Carolina game, one.day. Be cool.

Michigan, facing the 156yh ranked team according to Sagarin, needs a fourth down stand (on a play that would have been called interference if it was Michigan on offense (don't believe me, look at the complete joke of a PI call against Akron on the previous drive that took Michigan from the 12 to the 2) to beat the Zips 28-24.

:fury:

Edited by laughedatbytime

Yeah, Akron played great defense and almost pulled the upset.

Oregon running Tennessee out of the stadium.

Alabama starting to run over aTm, but still a game.

The A&M defense sucks. I don't see them coming back. :fury: :fury: :fury:

Badgers get hosed by incompetant refs, who wouldn't let them run another play to spike the clock.

The old geezers needed time to get settled....and the clock ran out. Badgers lose by 2..... :rage: :rage:

Badgers get hosed by incompetant refs, who wouldn't let them run another play to spike the clock.

The old geezers needed time to get settled....and the clock ran out. Badgers lose by 2..... :rage: :rage:

The refs didn't cost the Badgers that game. That play was just absent minded boneheadedness by the Badger quarterback, who set the ball lose on the ground, intentionally, without first downing himself. That play should have officially ended in a turnover, to the other team, since they were the only ones who finally noticed that the ball was still in play and jumped on it.

• Like 1

Re: defenses in the SEC

I am extremely sorry to say that, from what I observed so far this year, the SEC is now following the lead of the rest of the country into defensive mediocrity.

High scores, defenses that cannot stop offenses, blah blah blah.

Frankly, I find it sickening.

Yes, I am still pissed off (somewhat) about SC's supposedly great defense allowing f***ing Georgia to gain 500+ yards against them. That was just disgustingly inexcusable.

Oh well, Alas, alack, life goes on.

But in other news this morning...the Buckeyes win!

Great game to watch, great game for Braxton Miller's return. Really good game played by both teams, honestly. Running the football, and/or scoring touchdowns on the ground, are increasingly becoming a lost art. But that's my only complaint, if we'd even call it that.

I need both Alabama and Clemson to lose one, though, to have any chance of the Bucks going to the national championship- because no one, but no one, is going to beat Oregon. I think they'll even blow out Stanford. Time will tell, though, I suppose.

• Like 1

Great game to watch, great game for Braxton Miller's return. Really good game played by both teams, honestly. Running the football, and/or scoring touchdowns on the ground, are increasingly becoming a lost art. But that's my only complaint, if we'd even call it that.

I need both Alabama and Clemson to lose one, though, to have any chance of the Bucks going to the national championship- because no one, but no one, is going to beat Oregon. I think they'll even blow out Stanford. Time will tell, though, I suppose.

I'm no where close on being confident the Bucks could compete in national championship, however always happy to beat those pain in the ass Badgers! I think we still have some work to do, Ohio State made to many dumb penalties.. Onward and upward Northwestern the next test.

I'm no where close on being confident the Bucks could compete in national championship, however always happy to beat those pain in the ass Badgers! I think we still have some work to do, Ohio State made to many dumb penalties.. Onward and upward Northwestern the next test.

I think they could finish 4th or 5th in the SEC.

The Big Ten sucks even more then usual this year, I'm the first to admit it. But still think the Buckeyes will mop up the conference and take the title, .. and beat the hell out of that insipid team up north!!!! :fury: :yes:

That may be altogether too harsh, and I say that as a staunch SC Gamecock fan and, secondary to that, an SEC fan, before the rest of college football.

I am really quite astonished at what is going on with SEC teams this year. Not sure what to make of it -- except that imo it is a sign of vulnerability to a team from another conference finally ending the SEC's national championship streak. Of those other teams, right now, the one I would fear most as a potential opponent is Oregon. But is early in the season, and a lot of unexpected things can happen and WILL happen between now and the time of bowl selection. At this point, I would not count the Buckeyes out, at all, from a National Championship picture. This could even be a year where they finally get revenge on the SEC in a NCG. In other words, I am full of doubts about the SEC this year.

As for the SEC -- for the next many weeks I will be pulling for friggin Georgia to lose every SEC game they have remaining on their schedule, at least until they get to two losses in the SEC.

The SEC West -- I hope LSU beats Bama when they play. It is quite unlikely that any other remaining SEC team on Bama's schedule will beat them. Bama got an easy SEC schedule this year. It does not play against any of the best teams from the SEC East in the regular season this year.

Back to Oregon.

Oregon whacked the crap out of Tennessee. But Tennessee kind of sucks anyway, and has for the past several years.

Nevertheless, Oregon is a program that has been on the very edge of National Championship domination for the past several years itself. This year, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Oregon went all the way and then embarrassed its opponent in the NCG -- including if that opponent is an SEC team named The University of Alabama.

Oregon looks impressive as hell.

But, again, it is early in the season yet, and a lot can happen. Early appearances might prove incorrect in the end. We shall see.