MEGA INSULTING Mistake by a DJ playing Rush this evening

zappafrank

Was channel surfing this evening in the car and landed on a station playing that nice song about the Oaks, the Maples, and how they're all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw.

The DJ came on afterwards and said, "Originally off the Hemispheres album, that was Rush. Trees."

Trees?

TREES?!

It's THE Trees!!!!

You IDIOT!

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THIS IS WHY WE DON'T WANT IGNORANT OUTSIDERS LISTENING TO OUR BAND!!!!

RARGH, SMASH!!!!!

:fuckinputer: :fuckinputer: :fuckinputer: :fuckinputer:

:bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :P

Edited by zappafrank
  • Like 1

Was channel surfing this evening in the car and landed on a station playing that nice song about the Oaks, the Maples, and how they're all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw.

The DJ came on afterwards and said, "Originally off the Hemispheres album, that was Rush. Trees."

Trees?

TREES?!

It's THE Trees!!!!

You IDIOT!

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THIS IS WHY WE DON'T WANT IGNORANT OUTSIDERS LISTENING TO OUR BAND!!!!

RARGH, SMASH!!!!!

:fuckinputer: :fuckinputer: :fuckinputer: :fuckinputer:

:bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :P

I'm glad he didn't play TSOR and call it The Spirit of the Radio. Size 48 font may not have been large enough to convey your outrage.

;) :P

• Like 1

I'm kind of picky about this kind of stuff... whenever I see written 'Spirit of the Radio' or some other slightly wrong Rush song title, I get a little bit irked, but then give myself a little friendly slap on the face and remind myself it's not a big deal! :P

Doesn't bug me. I hear people call eagles "the eagles" and the smashing pumpkins "smashing pumpkins" all the time. It's a common mistake to add or subtract "the."

No biggie.. Now if he would've said "spirit of the radio"... Now thems fighting words!!!! lol
  • Like 1

There may have been a bit of sarcasm in the OP, methinks.

Mehopes, at least...

By the way, the DJs use of "originally" in the quote was superfluous, so any leftover outrage can be directed there.

There may have been a bit of sarcasm in the OP, methinks.

Mehopes, at least...

By the way, the DJs use of "originally" in the quote was superfluous, so any leftover outrage can be directed there.

Maybe he was playing a live cut...

I'm surprised no one already beat me to this sentiment: I can't believe they actually played The Trees on the radio. That DJ should be commended, not criticized (yes, I understand the original post was intended as an exaggeration/joke—and it was funny). I only ever hear Tom Sawyer and Working Man on the radio.
  • Like 2

I'm surprised no one already beat me to this sentiment: I can't believe they actually played The Trees on the radio. That DJ should be commended, not criticized (yes, I understand the original post was intended as an exaggeration/joke—and it was funny). I only ever hear Tom Sawyer and Working Man on the radio.

Triple play Thursdays on The Drive out of Chicago (97.1 in Chicago, 96.9 in Milwaukee) plays a lot of Rush, they even have a sweet intro that talks about each member of the band a little bit. This morning on my way into work I heard Subdivisions, Red Barchetta, Fly By Night. Last week they played the Trees in a 3-play.

• Like 1

Reminds my of the time the radio DJ mentioned Tom Sawyer was from the album Tommy. He quickly corrected himself and then played pinball wizard. :LOL: