It's Saturday Night And I'm "HIGH 'N DRY!" "Back In Black" By AC/DC Is BETTER? NO WAY!

"HIGH 'N DRY" VS. "BACK IN BLACK"  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which album kicks the most hard rock ass in your kick ass hard rock mind?

• "High 'N Dry" Def Leppard
    • "Back In Black" AC/DC
    • None of these early Eighties records!! The Rush Forum has been taken over by MUSE Fanatics!

Hi boys and girls! I've missed many of you! You know me, I love to take a vacation from Forum activity! I was totally burned out from Rush yet again so I needed a break!

Anyway, I put on Def Leppard's "High 'N Dry" album tonight and I once again must say that this is one of the greatest rock records EVER MADE!!!!

Critics and fans around the world have said that "High 'N Dry" is a total ripoff of AC/DC's Epic and overplayed album "Back In Black."

Once Bon died it was all over for me yet I will confess I still buy every AC/DC album.

I always thought that Bon had a lot to do with "Back In Black" before he passed away. Apparently I was dead wrong.

So this poll is dedicated to Def Leppard's zenith recording "HIGH 'N DRY!" JMO!

"Pyromania" was great too but it was the beginning of the end. Even way before Rick's horrific Corvette accident.

DEF LEPPARD RULES!!!!! AC/DC WITH BRIAN JOHNSON IS FOR FOOLS!!!!!

Signed,

"Givin' The Dog A Bone"

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Whew ... for a second, I thought you were on a Cat Stevens (cover song) tear. I was heartbroken when Bon passed and I really didn't get into the new metal scene ... that being said one can always teach an old dog new tricks ... so I fired up the database and am listening to Def as I type. Edited by Tinwoodsman

Joe Eliot is in AC/DC in another universe! And Brian Johnson is in Deep Purple with Ritchie Blackmore who still plays rock and his blonde tart wife is the Yoko Ono of the band. Ian Gillan is still in Black Sabbath with Alex Van Halen on drums, Dio is alive and joined Def Leppard making sure to boot out Vivian Campbell, Steve Morse replaced him, and now the band is called Elf Tiger! Whitesnake is now fronted by David Lee Roth after John Sykes took over the legal rights to the band and Coverdale is now in Van Halen with Bill Ward on drums and Rudy Sarzo on bass and some teenage girl off youtube playing guitar. Sarzo is also in KISS dressed as Gene Simmons so now there's two Genes in the band! Ace Frehley teamed up with Eddie Van Halen (yes there's no one called Van Halen in Van Halen) to form the new Queensryche with Rob Halford on vocals, Nikko McBrain on drums and Pete Best on bass. Yes Pete Best stayed in the Beatles in this universe and played bass and lead guitar as well as drums. Meanwhile Rod Stewart has joined Judas Priest and Geoff Tate has retired from rock singing after his marriage to Elton John because he's AC/DC!

:givebeer:

• Like 1

WB Earl. I have a soft spot for the first 2 Def Lep albums I hate to say...the rest you can pretty much bin. As for BiB, I can't really decide a winner here, they're both about the same...but if you're talking Bon AC/DC, well that's another matter. Edited by Steevo

High n dry is the best def leppard album AND it is better than back in black which is definitely not ac/dc's best album. That's probably highway to hell or high voltage. I would say there are 5 really great songs on high n dry: let it go, high n dry (my fave leppard song), another hit and run, on through the night, and no, no, no. Back in black has the title track, hells bells, and shoot to thrill. The rest is either average or overplayed (you shook me). The original version of no, no, no on vinyl was awesome. The last no screamed at the end of the song just kept going. You had to lift the needle to stop it.

thanks ew77

def leppard blows

Yup, one band I never could get into. They just keep getting worse too as time goes on. Total cheese. AC/DC's worst is still better than any Def Lep.

I almost agree

• Like 1

I remember reading an interview with Elliott where he said Mutt Lange is the one who encouraged him to bring out the "screamy" quality in his voice during the recording of High N Dry.

High N Dry, and Pyromania, are two of my favorite early to mid 80s metal albums. Pyromania, in particular, is one of my 5 favorite albums of all time. Side 1 of HND is phenomenal. Side 2 is not as strong. But I think Back in Black edges it out ever so slightly, because Hells Bells, Shoot To Thrill, Back in Black, Have A Drink On Me, and Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution are just too tough to beat on one album.

"Let me cut your cake with my knife." How can you not love such subtle and nuanced lyrics?

;)

• Like 1

Brian Johnson kicks so much ass, it's ridiculous.

AC/DC TRUMPS Def Leppard. Every album, every song is better than Leppard, IMO.

Eww, Deff Leopard.

Eww, Back in Black.

Give me Flick of the Switch or BUYV please. "I like 'em big!"

And I like 'em small

And if I had to take the oath

I would take them all

Gimme some of that Ruff Stuff ;)

This is like having to choose between "Cannonball Run 4" on one channel and "Porkys 5" on another. :boo hiss:

Where are the GOOD choices??

• Like 1

This is an easy one to answer!!! Back in Black is a decent album but High N Dry (and Pyromania as well ) are way better than it. For that matter those Def Leopard albums are wayyy better than anything ACDC did - including the Bon Scott work. Let me put that another way, I LIKE the 2 DL albums I mentioned wayyy more than anything and everything ACDC did. Better? I am not a musician so I can't say if the are "better" (more creative / original / innovative / more complex / more difficult to play etc).

But I LIKE the 2 DL albums a TON more than anything and everything ACDC did. Not even close.

DL was, at one time, my favorite group (mostly because of High N Dry and Pyromania). Still would be a top 5 group, even though their work since Pyromania has mostly stunk. Thats how good those 2 albums are. ACDC? Not in my top 10. Most likely not in my top 20.

Obviously High N Dry by DL got my vote.

This is an easy one to answer!!! Back in Black is a decent album but High N Dry (and Pyromania as well ) are way better than it. For that matter those Def Leopard albums are wayyy better than anything ACDC did - including the Bon Scott work. Let me put that another way, I LIKE the 2 DL albums I mentioned wayyy more than anything and everything ACDC did. Better? I am not a musician so I can't say if the are "better" (more creative / original / innovative / more complex / more difficult to play etc).

But I LIKE the 2 DL albums a TON more than anything and everything ACDC did. Not even close.

DL was, at one time, my favorite group (mostly because of High N Dry and Pyromania). Still would be a top 5 group, even though their work since Pyromania has mostly stunk. Thats how good those 2 albums are. ACDC? Not in my top 10. Most likely not in my top 20.

Obviously High N Dry by DL got my vote.

I'm no fan of either band, but I can at least TOLERATE some Def Leppard.

Musically, I think every ACDC song sounds the same, and even fans of ACDC have agreed with me. And lyrically? My God, Spinal Tap's "Sex Farm" was deeper.

I just dont get why people even consider the lyrics when discussing this type of music. it's about the music, and if you hate ACDC as it is, if they wrote a song about socrates you'd still hate them because you think they sound like shit
  • Like 1

* sorry, double post * Edited by GeddyRulz