Are Front Row Seats Worth the $$$

I have been waiting to buy tickets to Saratoga Springs, and I keep seeing these front row tickets on StubHub for $860 per. So if my wife and I go, I would have pissed away my mortgage for a month.

Is it worth it? I fantasize about Geddy or Alex making eye contact with me and winking.

The closest I have ever been is row 9 and I wasn't quite close enough!

Thoughts?

I've had front row twice but it was through VIP Nation. I can't imagine spending that much money but... this is Rush and if you think this is going to be a once in a lifetime for you then YES!

Totally worth it. Alex will talk to you and interact with you and Geddy will try to pose for you if he sees you are taking pictures. It's a lot of fun, and the sound is great up there.

But if you don't get them and you are further back you do get to see a lot more of the stage and the lights, which are amazing.

• Like 1

McCartney's selling front row packages for $2000 per so a bargain for sure. Myself, I wouldn't spend $860 each but if you think it's worth it, go for it. It IS fun in the front row, let me tell you.

Is VIP nation good at getting you close? I'm afraid to drop $300+ on a seat that's not as close as I'd like.

Is VIP nation good at getting you close? I'm afraid to drop $300+ on a seat that's not as close as I'd like.

Not at this point. You have to get them right when they go on sale if you want to be up in front.

I'd say if you buy them now you're probably going to be at least 10 rows back.

Edited by gangsterfurious
  • Like 1

Money is a thing that is all relative to how much of it you have....

I can't imagine spending hundreds of dollars to go out to eat, but people with money do and don't even blink an eye...

then again, i have family members who don't have any money and they go to outback steakhouse and you figure, oh how much could that possibly be...

well, start adding in drinks, apps, main dish, dessert, coffee, etc. etc. and it gets pretty expensive, more than I like to spend on just food, when the same amount of money in a supermarket would get me food for a week...

regarding rush though, you have to factor in one thing that doesn't apply to spending money on restaurants or vacations or sports cars, etc....

Rush won't be around forever.....it's a fact...there will be a day when there will be no more rush shows....and that day will happen by the end of the decade or so....

one thing about front row, make sure they are in the middle, front row way over on alex or geddy's side really sucks, its a harsh angle and you can't see...you don't want to spend that kind of money and be upset.. i think saratoga has a pit in front....just be sure you know what you are buying....

I say go for it if its important to you...i personally wouldn't spend that kind of money for a ticket, but then again, i have been in front row and I am going to many shows this summer and probably spending a fortune just on travel so it all evens out...

Bottom line in life, you can always make more money down the road, you won't get rush shows down the road....

if money is really an issue and this is important to you, there are ways to make extra money like selling some things on ebay, etc....

Hard to put a price on a memory that will last a lifetime....

• Like 2

Not at this point. You have to get them right when they go on sale if you want to be up in front.

I'd say if you buy them now you're probably going to be at least 10 rows back.

Did not know that! Thanks!

I can't imagine spending hundreds of dollars to go out to eat, but people with money do and don't even blink an eye...

then again, i have family members who don't have any money and they go to outback steakhouse and you figure, oh how much could that possibly be...

well, start adding in drinks, apps, main dish, dessert, coffee, etc. etc. and it gets pretty expensive, more than I like to spend on just food, when the same amount of money in a supermarket would get me food for a week...

regarding rush though, you have to factor in one thing that doesn't apply to spending money on restaurants or vacations or sports cars, etc....

Rush won't be around forever.....it's a fact...there will be a day when there will be no more rush shows....and that day will happen by the end of the decade or so....

one thing about front row, make sure they are in the middle, front row way over on alex or geddy's side really sucks, its a harsh angle and you can't see...you don't want to spend that kind of money and be upset.. i think saratoga has a pit in front....just be sure you know what you are buying....

I say go for it if its important to you...i personally wouldn't spend that kind of money for a ticket, but then again, i have been in front row and I am going to many shows this summer and probably spending a fortune just on travel so it all evens out...

Bottom line in life, you can always make more money down the road, you won't get rush shows down the road....

if money is really an issue and this is important to you, there are ways to make extra money like selling some things on ebay, etc....

And for everything else there's Mastercard...

• Like 2

And for everything else there's Mastercard...

wow, I thought it was $860 for the pair, now I see $860 each.....yeah, that is a lot for a night....man i am glad my wife doesn't like rush....its saves me a lot of money...tougher call than i thought...

Edited by nhlrush
  • Like 1

Front row is worth it...but i dunno about $860 a pop...i certainly wouldnt shell all that out to stubhub...personally i think theyre a bit too sketchy sometimes. I would stick with the LN VIP just for the sake of knowing theres a legitimate ticket waiting for me...good luck with your decision

Front row is worth it...but i dunno about $860 a pop...i certainly wouldnt shell all that out to stubhub...personally i think theyre a bit too sketchy sometimes. I would stick with the LN VIP just for the sake of knowing theres a legitimate ticket waiting for me...good luck with your decision

its too late for LN VIP, you have to buy them right when they go on sale to have any chance for the first few rows....at this point if they are available you figure they are going to be somewhere in the 10-15th row range as they promise a seat in the first 15 rows....it goes without saying that its really ridiculous that you don't know where you are going to be sitting until you get the ticket right before the show....there has to be a better system than that....

You have to try front row at least once! The seats you are looking at are REALLY expensive for one seat, though. The experience up front and the interaction with the band is SOOOO much different/better than just being in the audience.

I was thinking $1000 for 2 would be the trigger point for me.

The funny thing is that my wife is ok with me spending the money, I just can't bring myself to do it.

She's OK with you spending the money on it, NOW...Women have a strange way of digging up something like this when they either get really mad or want something really bad.

Here's the real answer: How much do you love Rush? That's really all that matters. If they mean that much to you, then money is really no object, and that's an honest answer. Hell, if you live in New York, you probably pay a lot of money in taxes, and you don't have anything to show for it. At least with front row tickets, you'll have memories that will last a lifetime.

It's a lot of money, but you only live once and Rush isn't going to tour much longer. GO FOR IT!

• Like 2

What is the issue(s) with Stub Hub? I don't have any experience with it.

One, overpriced. Two, you don't get seat numbers so you might be way off to the side. I have never used them but there are always complaints. They are actuall part of ebay now.

I have been waiting to buy tickets to Saratoga Springs, and I keep seeing these front row tickets on StubHub for $860 per. So if my wife and I go, I would have pissed away my mortgage for a month.

Is it worth it? I fantasize about Geddy or Alex making eye contact with me and winking.

The closest I have ever been is row 9 and I wasn't quite close enough!

Thoughts?

Keep in mind fron row for RUSH from stubhub used to be well over a thousand a piece. So 860 is much cheaper then they used to be. But also keep in mind thet with fron row you are still several feet from the stage. Second and maybe ever 3rd row are also great. So compare prices of first 2nd and 3rd and weigh that.

But, yes, front row is worth it just for the experience. And as others have said, there will no be too many more chances to have that experience (sob sob).

Front row tickets for a band like Rush are over-rated...with the show experience as it is, I'd rather be 10-15 rows back, but moreso center to experience the show as it's meant to be experienced!

Sound wise? Within 10 rows in front of the board is good because you figure, THOSE guys are running sound, and what the audience is hearing...so it's optimum!

$860 for front row seats? don't waste your money, all you're doing is feeding a problem that needs eliminated, and putting money into some d-bag's pocket!

• Like 1

Front row tickets for a band like Rush are over-rated...with the show experience as it is, I'd rather be 10-15 rows back, but moreso center to experience the show as it's meant to be experienced!

Sound wise? Within 10 rows in front of the board is good because you figure, THOSE guys are running sound, and what the audience is hearing...so it's optimum!

$860 for front row seats? don't waste your money, all you're doing is feeding a problem that needs eliminated, and putting money into some d-bag's pocket!

I agree. Front row is nice, but I think you get a better "show experience" by being back a bit. I've seen Rush from every angle (except backstage) including the obscured view and the distant view. The big screens help make up for lack of "up close" vision and the light show when you are back a bit is spectacular. I always like seats around the mixing board, if I can't get up next to Geddy. You get a great view and the sound is always good.

I agree. Front row is nice, but I think you get a better "show experience" by being back a bit. I've seen Rush from every angle (except backstage) including the obscured view and the distant view. The big screens help make up for lack of "up close" vision and the light show when you are back a bit is spectacular. I always like seats around the mixing board, if I can't get up next to Geddy. You get a great view and the sound is always good.

I sat in row one in Vegas, but my tickets were freebies so I can't comment on the cost vs the value. I would point out that the visuals are almost completely lost from that close. However, the coolest thing about being in row 1 was that I could hear Neil's drum's directly, not just through the speakers. Hearing and seeing that up close was extremely cool.

I was thinking $1000 for 2 would be the trigger point for me.

The funny thing is that my wife is ok with me spending the money, I just can't bring myself to do it.

She's OK with you spending the money on it, NOW...Women have a strange way of digging up something like this when they either get really mad or want something really bad...................

Oh, so I see you've met my ex-wife.

• Like 1

No----not if you're pissing away your mortgage for a month-Don't be a f***ing idiot. If you have the "Extra" cash then yes, but to piss away a payment on your house you have to make...then no