Ultimate Meet & Greet Contest

Midway Hawkers

You are the 2,112th caller to your favorite radio station and correctly answer the challenging trivia question "who was Rush's first drummer". You are offered one of the following prizes:

1) Ride with Neil between tour stops of your choosing (Includes a one hour no restrictions lunch conversation)

2) A wine tasting event followed by a MLB game of your choice with Geddy

3) A round of golf with Alex (including a lengthy stay at the 19th hole)

4) A private one hour concert at your favorite watering hole... no interaction with the band but you choose the setlist

What do you choose?

Personally I would choose 3 not because Alex is my favorite (okay maybe partly because of that) but because he could help me brush up on my golf, I haven't played since seventh grade XD

#4 in a heartbeat. The issue is what songs do I choose.

I'm thinking

The Necromancer

The Fountain of Lamneth

Hemispheres

Afterimage

Losing It

I basically want songs they've never played before, so I may drop Hemispheres for Tai Shan, Available Light, The Color of Right, Tears and/or Rivendell.

I'm thinking

The Necromancer

The Fountain of Lamneth

Hemispheres

Afterimage

Losing It

I basically want songs they've never played before, so I may drop Hemispheres for Tai Shan, Available Light, The Color of Right, Tears and/or Rivendell.

I bet you'd be their favorite fan if you made them play Tai Shan.

• Like 1

I'm thinking

The Necromancer

The Fountain of Lamneth

Hemispheres

Afterimage

Losing It

I bet you'd be their favorite fan if you made them play Tai Shan.

My contest, my choice :) I've always liked the song and would love to hear it live. They'd probably be unhappier with my CoS choices, but I love those and it kills me that no boots of them exist (other than a horrible boot of The Necromancer and a horrible boot of part of the same song).

The reality is that for most songs they've never played live they don't want to. They have long sets and could have played it before if they wanted to. But as a fan I want as many live songs as possible.

Wine before baseball seems a bit odd. But I see the angle.

I hate golf so there goes the Lifeson option.

Riding with Peart for such a short time wouldn't be worth it.

Option 4 by far...Alien Shore, Available Light, Jacob's Ladder, Making Memories, Losing It, [and a couple others that wouldn't kill Geddy]

Private show, my setlist.

Not even close.

Yup - in order for me...

Private show

Golf with Alex (I love golfing)

Ride with Neil (just because he's so reclusive)

Wine and game with Geddy (this is last not because it's Geddy, but because I am not much of a drinker and I really do not care much for baseball)

You are the 2,112th caller to your favorite radio station and correctly answer the challenging trivia question "who was Rush's first drummer". You are offered one of the following prizes:

1) Ride with Neil between tour stops of your choosing (Includes a one hour no restrictions lunch conversation)

4) A private one hour concert at your favorite watering hole... no interaction with the band but you choose the setlist

What do you choose?

Ohhhh a day with Geddy. :wub:

I would choose the private concert. I'd choose #2, but I don't drink and Geddy would probably not say anything during the game or, come to think of it, after. He seems to be guarded and aloof when it comes to his fans. At least that is the impression I get. I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time that I was. Believe it or not. ;)
  • Like 1

Tough choice! I'd choose the one with Geddy but I'm not really a baseball fan. Second choice would be on the motorcycle with Neil. :). Third choice would be golfing with Alex, even though I know nothing about the game. I'm sure hanging with him on the golf course would be a hoot.

Private show, for sure.

Just because any of the personal time choices would probably be wasted by me being too scared to speak.

I could only muster a "Hi, how are you" when I met Steven Wilson. :scared:

I would go with Ged to a Blue Jays,but not really have wine!!!! Hahahaja Cuse,one:I would have a really good time with Ged

What do you choose?

Well, I don't know how to play golf or ride a motorcycle and I don't enjoy wine or baseball so it's gotta be number 4. And does my private boudoir count as a "favorite watering hole"? That's where I want the private concert. And they can play anything they want! Or nothing at all is fine too. :drool: :wub:

This thread reminded me of that contest/charity auction done by Grapes for Humanity a few years ago. I think the winners spent the day with Geddy and Alex picking grapes, touring a winery, and having a gorgeous meal. I remember it being pricey BUT it was for charity so there's that. I'm sure you can find articles and pics on that somewhere online. It seems a lot better to use a ton of money doing that then forking out for a 30 second meet and greet before a gig

This thread reminded me of that contest/charity auction done by Grapes for Humanity a few years ago. I think the winners spent the day with Geddy and Alex picking grapes, touring a winery, and having a gorgeous meal. I remember it being pricey BUT it was for charity so there's that. I'm sure you can find articles and pics on that somewhere online. It seems a lot better to use a ton of money doing that then forking out for a 30 second meet and greet before a gig

I don't even think its 30 seconds.

Before the Clockwork Angels tour it would have been a tough choice, but since my bucket list of Power Windows songs are almost empty, I must go with golfing with Alex. I enjoy golf a lot, and Alex would be hilarious to play with, and then of course as the time at the 19th goes on it will probably get even better. I would also try to persuade him to a game of my sport, mini-golf, if it was available on the course. Though I would enjoy a day with Geddy as well, for musician related questions, and his general personality, I don't drink and the game would not be the greatest time spent with him. As for Neil, though I bet we would have a great conversation over lunch, the rest would just be clutching to him for your life down back-roads, stopping for only the occasional picture. I think unless you have songs that you want to hear, the best choice is Alex's just because it has the most focus and time spent.
  • Like 1

Even though I would enjoy all 4 options, I'd have to go with Alex. Even though I'm a drummer and a bassist, golf is my sport, and it would definitely be the most fun. I'd have the easiest time being comfortable around him too I'd imagine.