Oklahoma Tornado

Lost In Xanadu

Hope all in the area are safe.

What a disaster, schools, homes, stores, hospitals, banks... all were treated the same.

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

The pictures are terrible. Last I heard was 4 confirmed dead. But from what I saw that could easily go higher. Praying relief gets to them quickly.

Our local newsman said that this one took nearly the exact same path as the one in , I think 1999, that was the strongest tornado ever recorded with wind speeds est at 301mph.

Which makes it the highest wind speeds ever recorded on earth.

Death toll is at 51 right now. The footage I've seen of the area is unbelievable - it looks like someone tried to bomb Oklahoma City off the map.

The pictures are terrible. Last I heard was 4 confirmed dead. But from what I saw that could easily go higher. Praying relief gets to them quickly.

Our local newsman said that this one took nearly the exact same path as the one in , I think 1999, that was the strongest tornado ever recorded with wind speeds est at 301mph.

Which makes it the highest wind speeds ever recorded on earth.

Unfortunately, the death toll is now at 51 and will almost certainly rise....

See I heard that it was 21 kids in a school.

I think there were about 21 of them. The 7 I mentioned were said to have drowned in a pool of water in the school. :(

I think there were about 21 of them. The 7 I mentioned were said to have drowned in a pool of water in the school. :(

Aww, that's horrific. :(

Aww, that's horrific. :(

My thoughts, prayers and condolences are with their families and friends... :rose:

Thankfully, the death toll has decreased. Although any loss of life is tragic, it is especially heartbreaking when children are involved. My thoughts and prayers are with all those effected. :hug2: :(

The footage is astounding. I saw this video yesterday of the tornado forming. I was not surprised it was reclassified as EF-5 given the footage and the destruction it caused. Devastating.

from http://newswatch.nat...tornado-videos/

http://youtu.be/XMF22_MEMJU

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-shocked016.gif

Edit to correct spelling

Edited by CygnusGal

Wow. That guy was either really brave, or extremely stupid. I would have gotten out of there as fast as I could if I'd seen that coming.