Steevo

Power Windows

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

A Farewell to Kings

At this moment in time.

What? :o No Roll The Bones and no Clockwork Angels? :o

No offense, Zumbi, but how can anyone put either album (RTB and CA) in the same category as those five masterpiece albums?

RAA is really coming around. I am proud of his list..... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Power Windows

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

A Farewell to Kings

At this moment in time.

No offense, Zumbi, but how can anyone put either album (RTB and CA) in the same category as those five masterpiece albums?

I did before today. I still enjoy Roll the Bones and Clockwork Angels very much, but I've always just put them in my top 5 because their the albums that got me into Rush. Now, I'm beginning to hear that extra something in their earlier albums.

Edited by RushAreAwesome

Power Windows

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

A Farewell to Kings

At this moment in time.

Roll The Bones and Clockwork Angels is RushAre favorite albums, atleast I thought so...

Power Windows

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

A Farewell to Kings

At this moment in time.

Roll The Bones and Clockwork Angels is RushAre favorite albums, atleast I thought so...

I didn't know that.

Never mind then.

Power Windows

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

A Farewell to Kings

At this moment in time.

Won't be long and 2112 and Caress Of Steel will be on there. His list is really creeping into the 70's now.... :codger:

One more time.

Whose idea was it to use Strings and what made decide to use them?

:banghead:

Haha. I don't know. I would imagine all three made the decision.

I do know Geddy definitely wants to spend less time worrying about keyboards on stage.

Do you know why?

He wants to focus more on his bass. That's his instrument of choice and he would rather be playing that than worrying about synths.

Start at the 7:30 mark. He 'splains.

• Like 2

Power Windows

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

A Farewell to Kings

At this moment in time.

I did before today. I still enjoy Roll the Bones and Clockwork Angels very much, but I've always just put them in my top 5 because their the albums that got me into Rush. Now, I'm beginning to hear that extra something in their earlier albums.

I am proud of you! :D

Power Windows

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

A Farewell to Kings

At this moment in time.

Won't be long and 2112 and Caress Of Steel will be on there. His list is really creeping into the 70's now.... :codger:

I have tryed to make him like Caress Of Steel, he dont like it at all, and he refuse to give it a honest try...

Speaking of Caress of Steel, I think I will listen to The Fountain of Lamneth

:musicnote: My eyes have just been opened

and they're opened very wide..... :musicnote:

:wub:

Never a bad decision.

• Like 1

Speaking of Caress of Steel, I think I will listen to The Fountain of Lamneth

:musicnote: My eyes have just been opened

and they're opened very wide..... :musicnote:

:wub:

Never a bad decision.

The more I listen to it, the more I love it. I can't understand why this was their "down the tubes tour".

Power Windows

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

A Farewell to Kings

At this moment in time.

I have tryed to make him like Caress Of Steel, he dont like it at all, and he refuse to give it a honest try...

No longer true. I have given it a few goes, and now I don't hate it. I don't like it, but I don't hate it.

Power Windows

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

A Farewell to Kings

At this moment in time.

No longer true. I have given it a few goes, and now I don't hate it. I don't like it, but I don't hate it.

Proud of you :D Listen to it more, and you will soon love it!

Edited by Zumbi

One more time.

I do know Geddy definitely wants to spend less time worrying about keyboards on stage.

Do you know why?

He wants to focus more on his bass. That's his instrument of choice and he would rather be playing that than worrying about synths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv_HuCLhBZs

Unfortunately, it will probably take over an hour to get to the 7:30 mark in the interview, and another thirty minutes for the rest of it to load.

Thank you just the same for being so kind as to post it. I will have to simply take your word for it. ;)

• Like 1

One more time.

Do you know why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv_HuCLhBZs

Unfortunately, it will probably take over an hour to get to the 7:30 mark in the interview, and another thirty minutes for the rest of it to load.

Thank you just the same for being so kind as to post it. I will have to simply take your word for it. ;)

I'll watch it on your behalf..... :D
  • Like 1

My official top five

5: A Farewell To Kings

4: A Farewell To Kings

3: A Farewell To Kings

2: A Farewell To Kings

1: A Farewell To Kings

And yesterday I was stupid and said CA is a better album than Hemispheres. I understand if you all decide to remove me from this forum.

• Like 4

Hemispheres

Permanent Waves

Moving Pictures

AFTK

Generally speaking, these are my five favourite Rush albums.

Tell me what he says.

He says he was chasing technology and getting too involved with keyboards and programming, etc. Now, if live he can play it with his feet he will or if he has to play keys on something he will but if he can trigger it or sample chords to play with his feet he will as long as it will keep his bass in his hands more. Quote (holding his bass) "This is my instrument... this is my man!"

That's the gist of it anyway.

• Like 2

My official top five

And yesterday I was stupid and said CA is a better album than Hemispheres. I understand if you all decide to remove me from this forum.

Get the fu** outta here and don't come back!!! :P

• Like 1

Tell me what he says.

He says he was chasing technology and getting too involved with keyboards and programming, etc. Now, if live he can play it with his feet he will or if he has to play keys on something he will but if he can trigger it or sample chords to play with his feet he will as long as it will keep his bass in his hands more. Quote (holding his bass) "This is my instrument... this is my man!"

That's the gist of it anyway.

Kenny, thank you!

• Like 1

My official top five

Don't let it happen again. :bang bang:

• Like 4