Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Thread

Well I definitely am enamoured with Tom Petty. I expected greatness and you guys and your recommendation via just seeing how popular he is did not let me down!

Well I definitely am enamoured with Tom Petty. I expected greatness and you guys and your recommendation via just seeing how popular he is did not let me down!

Have you heard the The Travelling Wilburys? Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty, George Harrison, and Bob Dylan

• Like 2

Have you heard the The Travelling Wilburys? Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty, George Harrison, and Bob Dylan

I will add that to my list! I want to explore the Heartbreakers and his solo work first. There is so much! It's also immediately accessible, which is rare for me to get into artists so immensely enjoyable from play one!

I will add that to my list! I want to explore the Heartbreakers and his solo work first. There is so much! It's also immediately accessible, which is rare for me to get into artists so immensely enjoyable from play one!

Stick with Petty for now. The Wilburys are fun, but they are more the dessert than the main course. An enjoyable diversion, not the discovery.

• Like 2

Stick with Petty for now. The Wilburys are fun, but they are more the dessert than the main course. An enjoyable diversion, not the discovery.

Thanks! I am also enjoying Garth Brooks but I have to say he's more easy listening fun compared to some of the really interesting sounds of Tom Petty.

I like my Tom Petty just like I enjoy my steak.....

Rare and just slightly funny in the middle...............

At least he is a great songwriter cuz he is ugly as f**k. At least we was when he was younger.

Well I think Rush are a pretty ugly bunch of musicians but then I joined this forum and noticed they have quite a large grubby panty party following going on...

• Like 1

I always like Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. Then I saw them in concert. They played great songs one after the other. I never realized how many fantastic songs they wrote and performed.

I have a greatest hits of Tom Petty and to be honest I enjoy it all but for some reason it gave me the impression that they were a singles band.

Then I see all the love on this forum, and I noticed most of you guys are like me and are album fans, so I just dived in and I am pleased to say I finally agree with all the hype on this forum! I really truly am glad I can post in a popular thread and not be "noooooo I can't stand them".

• Like 1

I always like Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. Then I saw them in concert. They played great songs one after the other. I never realized how many fantastic songs they wrote and performed.

I felt the same when I saw Bob Seger. Hit after hit after hit andnI think he even didnt play a few of them.

• Like 1

I have a greatest hits of Tom Petty and to be honest I enjoy it all but for some reason it gave me the impression that they were a singles band.

Then I see all the love on this forum, and I noticed most of you guys are like me and are album fans, so I just dived in and I am pleased to say I finally agree with all the hype on this forum! I really truly am glad I can post in a popular thread and not be "noooooo I can't stand them".

I think Petty's works work best in chronological order. He dives into some hits so quickly

I think Petty's works work best in chronological order. He dives into some hits so quickly

Awesome!

Once I am off my Thrice/Brand New kick I will resume!

Here Comes My Girl,

Is that Petty on lead vocals? Love the tune!!

No. Its Nancy Sinatra.

Is it?