Wow, I am in love with ABBA!!!

bluesbreaker

There are only three music groups in history that transcend the simple status of "band"

- KISS

- Queen

- ABBA

There are bands, and people who write songs, and musicians who shred on their instrument .. And then there are icons .. Outfits that touch something universal, where language, culture and demographics become meaningless

• Like 1

There are only three music groups in history that transcend the simple status of "band"

- KISS

- Queen

- ABBA

There are bands, and people who write songs, and musicians who shred on their instrument .. And then there are icons .. Outfits that touch something universal, where language, culture and demographics become meaningless

ABBAZING POST!!!!!

ABBA. How I love you!

And every song you have ever recorded...album released...bootlegs let loose on my life...dodgy outfits...

the list goes on and on and on (keep on rocking baby...)

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE . . . . . . .

I told my brother & he about disowned me !

Just recently I have watch an overwhelming amount of ABBA stuff on You-Tube

Very catchy stuff in a quick 8 year run

:dweez:

On the surface, they can seem irritating, overly slick, and saccharine. But beneath the surface is a melancholy chill, heartbreak, drama and astonishing beauty. Yes, on the one hand we have the frothy, throwaway lyrics of the bouncy When I Kissed The Teacher. But then again, we also have the sinister, experimental darkness that pervades songs such as The Visitors, The Day Before You Came and Like An Angel Passing Through My Room.

As far as pop music goes, ABBA are equaled, or bettered, only by The Beatles. And I haven't even mentioned how amazing the vocal work is! Go back and listen to Dancing Queen. Nigh on impossible to replicate!

Myles!! I love your DOKKEN SIG!! ABBA AND DOKKEN!!!!!!!!

- KISS

- Queen

- ABBA

Piffle. Tripe. Overwrought. Cloying. The Ikea of music.

• Like 1

- KISS

- Queen

- ABBA

HAHAHA!! DD takes the bait.

"While the servant waits the masturbates."

The Trifeca Of Perfecta!

Go watch "History Of The World Part One!"

- KISS

- Queen

- ABBA

Hardly

The three I listed all peaked in the 1970s, yet the power of the music, and what these performers mean to people, is still as strong as ever ..

An IKEA shelf lasts about two years

- KISS

- Queen

- ABBA

Hardly

The three I listed all peaked in the 1970s, yet the power of the music, and what these performers mean to people, is still as strong as ever ..

An IKEA shelf lasts about two years

Ehhhh. I think they suck.

• Like 1

- KISS

- Queen

- ABBA

HAHAHA!! DD takes the bait.

"While the servant waits the masturbates."

The Trifeca Of Perfecta!

Go watch "History Of The World Part One!"

I think Kiss sucks as well, maybe their first few albums, but after that they totally sold out and continue to this day. I have a lot of respect for Gene and Paul, but they are complete caricatures...of themselves. Queen on the other hand, great band, Freddie is most definitely an icon.

Oh and I have History of the World memorized. Try the malt wine, its fantastic.

Oedipus- Whats up Josephus!

Josephus- Whats up Motherfucka.

Mick sitting on the fence, again.....

Anyway, Abba were the tits. Fantastic.

Amazing how well their hits translate to metal as well.

I have heard many fantastic metal covers!

• Like 1

i don't like ABBA either. but only because every thanksgiving my aunt would trot out their insipid, insufferable, idiotic, moronic tripe out.

i know far more of their work then i want to.

Mick

Thank You.

Id rather listen to Barry Manilow.

Edited by Digital Dad
  • Like 1

i don't like ABBA either. but only because every thanksgiving my aunt would trot out their insipid, insufferable, idiotic, moronic tripe out.

Mick

Thank You.

i've seen Manilow. good show. for real

ABBA was literally force fed to me. Whole albums every year.

then you had Meryl Streep in That awful movie.

which did ABBA a ton of favors. lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Well considering we have little in the way of ABBA love, ya could let this thread settle!

Besides, Mick, I want some advice on Elton John! In the mood for new stuff! (ReGor has me started on Bowie)

Mick

Thank You.

No, you really mean, "Thank You For The Music." Barry Montana I mean Barry Manilow is good.

Mick

Thank You.

No, you really mean, "Thank You For The Music." Barry Montana I mean Barry Manilow is good.

Lol. My dad always called hin Mary Banilow.

• Like 2

Mick

Thank You.

Lol. My dad always called hin Mary Banilow.

Hahahaha! Now that is frigging funny!!!!

ff84a6646b9a9eec25d0c6ad19857937.jpg

JOHN ROGERS LOVES ABBA

http://imgsrv.kkaj.com/image/kkaj/UserFiles/Image/20110708043103!5b71073bd590a33d_nye2007_fireworks_gif.gif

• Like 1

Looking at your Interest List on the left, we could road trip together.

Thanks!

It's not everyday someone posts something nice about my taste...will treasure this!