Would you pay the same for a 90 minute show?

Tom Sawyer

Would you pay the same for a 90 minute show?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay the same for a 90 minute show?

• yes
    • no

I am assuming that you mean they'd be touring with another group? In that case, it would depend on who the other group was. But, as a previous posters said, we'd probably break down and pay the $ anyways.... :rage:

Depends upon whether the opening act is worth it! I doubt Rush would fail to give "value for money" in that sense!

Remember, they stopped having opening acts, and doubled their playing time, and the prices didn't go up (well except for market value increases)

If they charged the same amount, played 90 minutes, BUT had an opening act (or two) that played for at least 60, and it was a band that was worth seeing, then YES! If not, then I'd have a hard time justifying paying that much to my wife, who already complains about the amount of money I spend for concert tickets!

Edited by Jaminbenb
  • Like 1

Probably not, cause RUSH wouldn't charge the same if they would be shortening the show. Now if it were a double bill say with say Dream Theater, Flying Colours or Coheed and Cambria maybe, and only if they were playing this setlist:

Far Cry

Caravan

Limelight

Jacob's Ladder

Mal-Nar

Red Barchetta

The Anarchist

Freewill

Skin Trade (Drum Solo)

Alex's Solo/ The Garden

Xanadu (Entire)

2112 O/T/F

Encore:

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Headlong Flight

:codger:

Edited by losingit2k

They are starting to to "get up there" and I just feel they would rather "be there" than not, so I'm thinking this just might be the way of the future... is it better than NOT TOURING?
  • Like 1

Yes, I'd be willing to pay the same $$$ for a shortened show. It's still :rush: !!!!

Might be an option in the future to prevent too much strain on everyone. Playing at their current intense level for 2.5+ hrs every other night cannot be easy.

• Like 1

I will always pay to see a Rush show. I'd be disappointed at a shortened show, but yes, they'd still get my $.

Price, cost. You know the relation. ;)

Depends upon whether the opening act is worth it! I doubt Rush would fail to give "value for money" in that sense!

Remember, they stopped having opening acts, and doubled their playing time, and the prices didn't go up (well except for market value increases)

If they charged the same amount, played 90 minutes, BUT had an opening act (or two) that played for at least 60, and it was a band that was worth seeing, then YES! If not, then I'd have a hard time justifying paying that much to my wife, who already complains about the amount of money I spend for concert tickets!

Man could not have said it better. (The Wife factor)

I sincerely hope I never have to make this decision. My prediction is that they continue to play 2 1/2 hour shows but that the shows themselves are further apart......like 4-5 days. That presumes they can still tour in the black by doing so in that fashion.

I certainly wouldn't want to pay $130 for a 90 minute show, but I wouldn't expect a show half the length to be half the cost. I'd be okay with paying $80-$90.

To clarify: I don't mean lawn seats!

Edited by Tarkus406

I probably would only because I love seeing them and knowing their days are probably numbered I think I would cough it up.