Families at the show?

Lots of families these days, just be prepared to explain the funky smell in the air and the typical loser drunk guys who aren't really rush fans who got free tickets close to the stage and are constantly going back and forth for more beer and then returning and spending the whole time talking loud and yucking it up with themselves....

personally I'd rather have the funky smell than the loud drunken aholes who ruin a show.....there's nothing like a beautiful quiet moment during the garden being destroyed by loud obnoxious people who don't care about what's going on up on stage...

• Like 1

How do they afford it??? Especially the families in the front?

some people just have lots of disposable income.....if u know anyone, please have them message me, they can help me finance the touring this year....thanks...

Edited by nhlrush

I've only been to a Rush show with one other person, but when I went to see The Wall back in May I went with: my brother, my dad, my uncle, two of my dad's friends (one of which is the assistant principle at my former high school which is always awkward), and two of my brother's friends.

I see lots of families. I feel bad as I listen to Ged and Alex and enjoy a little 420 at the shows. But other than some funky smells and some drunks in the cheap seats, you should be ok. You'll just have to have an "age-appropriate" discussion with the kids.

How do they afford it??? Especially the families in the front?

some people just have lots of disposable income.....if u know anyone, please have them message me, they can help me finance the touring this year....thanks...

About the same as all those that see multiple shows. I'm excited to see my daughter take in her first real show. We've been to concerts, but no real shows.

I remember at the Counterparts show in Minneapolis, there was a family right behind me... mom, dad and... triplets! Three gorgeous girls, identical. Little blond-headed farts about 12 - 13 or so. And, they were rocking!! All three girls were wearing a 2112 T shirt. Seems like yesterday, but it was nearly 20 years ago.

Jesus Christ, I'm getting old...

My wife and 2 boys have been going for about 7 years now whenever Rush is within 8 hours from us. The kids are HUGE fans....Am hoping we hit the button quick enough to be in front row for Orlando!!!

The wife isn't a fan so not going but I am taking my son to the show in Raleigh, he is 10.

He is a huge fan, every time we get in the car first thing is "Dad, put on Rush" and yes we regularly have adult conversations with him so he is well prepared.

• Like 1

Since the Time Machine Tour I've been packing my Family of Four into the car for every RUSH show. We even changed our vacation and saw them in Las Vegas last year. However that said, Yes it gets expensive. 500+ for tickets is pretty harsh, and it does effect how many shows you see that tour. Regardless, RUSH is a must see in this household and we'll be attending as a pack as long as its financially acceptable. This 2nd leg of the tour was the most we have ever spent on a single concert. Which will keep us from seeing them twice. Unless we decide to alter our vacation again and see them on July 4th at Summerfest!

As for the few drunks and paraphanelia at RUSH shows. There's nothing better to keep your kids free from that sort of activity than actually showing them what it does to others.

:rush: :haz: :rush:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 2

Aghhhhh I so wish I could take my daughter Lucy. she will be 3 in July, though, and it would be unfair for me to expect her to be OK spending an entire day at summerfest AND a 3 hour concert.

Don't get me wrong- she actually knows the words to a few RUSH songs and J-A-M-S to them. she even has a RUSH shirt! lol but she's still a little too young for a music festival. my husband and I want to take her but no.

Kids at concerts annoy me. Don't bring them and then expect me to sit or move out of the way so they can see. That's your problem, not mine.

BTW, I've had this happen more than once.

Edited by liddybuck01
  • Like 4

Since the Time Machine Tour I've been packing my Family of Four into the car for every RUSH show. We even changed our vacation and saw them in Las Vegas last year. However that said, Yes it gets expensive. 500+ for tickets is pretty harsh, and it does effect how many shows you see that tour. Regardless, RUSH is a must see in this household and we'll be attending as a pack as long as its financially acceptable. This 2nd leg of the tour was the most we have ever spent on a single concert. Which will keep us from seeing them twice. Unless we decide to alter our vacation again and see them on July 4th at Summerfest!

As for the few drunks and paraphanelia at RUSH shows. There's nothing better to keep your kids free from that sort of activity than actually showing them what it does to others.

:rush: :haz: :rush:

Amen dude...I hope that they stick around long enough for my oldest to see them...he's just 7. I've taken him to NASCAR races but they noise was too much for him even though I did everything possible to make it bearable for him. He really likes "Caravan" and HF...he's gonna be a drummer...it's in his bones

Kids at concerts annoy me. Don't bring them and then expect me to sit or move out of the way so they can see. That's your problem, not mine.

BTW, I've had this happen more than once.

The area around us, 2 seats in front were changing through the show, either a couple at first...the a MOM AND DAD in front of us and their two boys sitting to our right, not paying attention, bored and starting shit like beating each other up. The boys I mean! They all leave. Two dudes sit to our right, the one enxt to Diane sing/yelled for his stint. No one for a while, then a drunk girl 21 maybe comes along doing the limbo. She's wasted and leaning back far as you can without hitting the floor and STILL having eyelock on stage. Snakes n Arrows man, mother effin snakes and mother effin arrows :rage: :laughing guy:

Edited by BeOhBe Bob

R-30- 2004, Tampa FL. Myself, Better 1/2 (wife), Daughter 15 with her best girlfriend (also 15), Son 10, Daughter 6... All of us rocked out, also got ALOT of positive feedback from other fans'n'families that were there. One of my best memories ever!! and untill this day all of the kids that were there still talk about that super wonderfull evening with Rush.

Aghhhhh I so wish I could take my daughter Lucy. she will be 3 in July, though, and it would be unfair for me to expect her to be OK spending an entire day at summerfest AND a 3 hour concert.

Don't get me wrong- she actually knows the words to a few RUSH songs and J-A-M-S to them. she even has a RUSH shirt! lol but she's still a little too young for a music festival. my husband and I want to take her but no.

please don't ever think about taking your three year old to a concert like this....

first off, no matter how much you protect her ears, its gonna be loud....plus, no matter how much she likes rush, she is three and the thrill of seeing a live show will be gone within a half hour at most.....

i would expect that you would regret this....plus, what time does she go to bed? the concert will be over way past whatever time she normally goes to bed and she will be so tired and cranky, i can't imagine...

i took my five year old daughter and four year old son to disney world, now that's disney, aimed at kids, not a rush show, and even in disney, when it became nighttime they just become very difficult to deal with, its just too much for them, even if they love disney...

i think you are making the prudent choice not taking her....

btw, my kids hate rush with a passion, i mean hate them....they get upset if they are on my tv in any shape or form, and you know what? I am totally fine with that....i don't need my kids to like rush, maybe its selfish, but i am good going to the shows without the rest of the family....

they will be going to disney on ice instead....

I have been bringing my 2 kids to RUSH shows since the R30 tour and have had no problems, except when someone offered my son a hit off of a joint in the mens room at one of the shows. My wife and I always go to both shows in Florida, one with the kiddos and one for just us and it works out fine. And like what was mentioned earlier, many positive comments from people who love the fact we have brought up our kids with RUSH music in their lives.

I have been bringing my 2 kids to RUSH shows since the R30 tour and have had no problems, except when someone offered my son a hit off of a joint in the mens room at one of the shows. My wife and I always go to both shows in Florida, one with the kiddos and one for just us and it works out fine. And like what was mentioned earlier, many positive comments from people who love the fact we have brought up our kids with RUSH music in their lives.

Good post, there isn't a magical age either, I guess it all depends on the individual kid. There was a 5 yr old girl with her dad at a show a few years ago right next to us and she knew every word to every song. We chatted with them during intermission, it was really cool to see. My daughter is 12 and this is the first time she asked to go, so I thought she would enjoy it. A day at Summerfest, capped off with a Rush show on the 4th of July... Awesome! Hope Rush brings fireworks!