pecan or pecan

Janie

Pecan, or pecan?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How do you pronounce "pecan"?

• pee-can
    • peh-khan

Puh-cawn all the way. Where I'm from, if you say 'pee-can,' you will be made fun of. You might even cry.

This is the correct answer. :P

A pee-can is something you take on a long car drive. I can't keep a straight face when I hear someone say pee-can. I do not want to eat a pee-can pie.

I grew up listening to many words' pronunciation butchered (through parents being non-native English speakers AND growing up in a veeeeeery redneck city). Now, I live in a country where virtually EVERY English word is mispronounced, misspelled, misused, or whatnot. If I understand the intent then most of the time it doesn't really matter to me how it's said...puh-khan, peekan, tomay-toe, tomah-toe, YYZee, YYZed....:blaze:

You're all wrong. Where I come from, it's pe-CAN. Not pee-can.

If you want to make a great salad dressing, here's one using pecans (however the f*ck you want to pronounce it) and maple syrup.

1 cup of olive oil, 1/2 cup of syrop and a 1/2 cup of pecans. Grind it all up in a blender or just use a stick blender. Add a pinch of salt, if you want to. Taste it first! Put this on a green salad.

Guys, if you make this for your sweetie, you WILL get boinked afterward...

Puh-cawn all the way. Where I'm from, if you say 'pee-can,' you will be made fun of. You might even cry.

A pee-can is something you take on a long car drive. I can't keep a straight face when I hear someone say pee-can. I do not want to eat a pee-can pie.

How can pe sound like pu. Do you pronounce peanut purrrnet? Why don't you spell it puhcawn (purrcorn?) if you want it spoken like that. I pronounce how I see it. :moon:

Things are not always pronounced the way they are spelled. Just to say. :)

Yay! :D Do I win a prize??

How can pe sound like pu. Do you pronounce peanut purrrnet? Why don't you spell it puhcawn (purrcorn?) if you want it spoken like that. I pronounce how I see it. :moon:

They are in my world! Planet treeduck!! :smoke:

They are in my world! Planet treeduck!! :smoke:

You're such a quack!

If you want to make a great salad dressing, here's one using pecans (however the f*ck you want to pronounce it) and maple syrup.

1 cup of olive oil, 1/2 cup of syrop and a 1/2 cup of pecans. Grind it all up in a blender or just use a stick blender. Add a pinch of salt, if you want to. Taste it first! Put this on a green salad.

"boinked"..! :P

• Like 1

"boinked"..! :P

Heh, heh...he said "boinked"..... :laughing guy: