Official 2013 MLB Season Thread

RUSHHEAD666

Off to Fenway tonight. Blue Jays are in town. It is going to be a very quiet night for me regardless of the outcome. Not much to cheer this year so far, and they'll have to play over .600 for the rest of the year to even contend for anything.

:sigh:

Everything old is new again.

Indians sweep the A's giving Oakland 9-2 beat down early afternoon game at Progressive.

Nice homestand finish 8-1.. :ebert:

Good for them , I side with the Tigers in the AL...not a diehard or anything just liked them for hiring Sparky many years ago.

Off to Fenway tonight. Blue Jays are in town. It is going to be a very quiet night for me regardless of the outcome. Not much to cheer this year so far, and they'll have to play over .600 for the rest of the year to even contend for anything.

:sigh:

Everything old is new again.

Mission successful. :facepalm:

Lester threw a beauty last night and the Blue Jays were completely flat.

From SOuth Florida over here.....and yes, pissed off about the Marlins ownership and the whole stadium deal—so i'm kinda sabotaging them this season. so the team i'm following is the Toronto Jays! hehehe, since alot of the new players they signed did come from down here. but i dig fantasy baseball, so i love the game period. =) RushOn Every1!

I wish the Indians played the Phillies more often... Take 3 out of 4 interleague series, Cleveland outscored Philadelphia 32-12. :ebert:

Can the regular season end this month? :D

Damn baseball been a real :rush: for Indians fans! (so far)

Tribe sweep the Mariners, 10-8 today ANOTHER come from behind win and third walk off win of four game series as Yan Gomes slams three run homer shock on Seattle in the tenth.. Long season but really like the confidence of this club they don't give up and BELIEVE they can win not deterred in the least no matter how many times they fall behind keep battling back.

Tribe sweep the Mariners, 10-8 today ANOTHER come from behind win and third walk off win of four game series as Yan Gomes slams three run homer shock on Seattle in the tenth.. Long season but really like the confidence of this club they don't give up and BELIEVE they can win not deterred in the least no matter how many times they fall behind keep battling back.

We have 2 games with you guys next week . :madra:

We have 2 games with you guys next week . :madra:

Yeah schedule just got a lot tougher will be a good gauge to see if we can keep up this pace or do the traditional collapse. Last two season Indians have had almost identical records going into early June then the bottom fell out. Like to think with the positive change in personnel starting with Francona as skipper and some good players added to the mix like Nick Swisher and Michael Bourn. Surprise addition Mark Reynolds ranked in the top five home run leaders and the rest of the line up being consistent. Still one of the best bull pens in the league and starters like Justin Masterson proving early on he's been one of the leagues best. I HOPE things are different. But who knows way to early yet season's just started....

Well, at least the Cubs never got kicked out of the National League, like their rivals from the Queen City. ;)

Well, at least the Cubs never got kicked out of the National League, like their rivals from the Queen City. ;)

Yeah and about 100 years later we had a manager kicked out. :banghead:

Of course I knew when I posted that they would beat us today. :scared:

Our bullpen other than LeCure hasn't been that good.

• Like 1

In the first interleague game of the year, at DH, hitting 5th...Scott Hairston, batting .138.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2013 Chicago Cubs

In the first interleague game of the year, at DH, hitting 5th...Scott Hairston, batting .138.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2013 Chicago Cubs

An then there's that play against the Reds , I think it was Frazier at 3rd and a fly ball to shallow right where Borbon catches and his throw barely makes to the infield grass. :LOL:

The Texas Rangers start a 20 game run tonight with their series against the Red Socks. That's the max number of games in a row allowed by MLB. AND, they're going into it with some key players kinda banged up. Should be interesting...

In other baseball news, we in the D/FW area are still NOT missing Josh Hamilton and his marvelous personality and spotty performance:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-rangers/headlines/20130603-struggling-josh-hamilton-snaps-back-do-you-want-me-to-go-say-i-suck-and-sit-in-my-locker.ece

Well, Josh. I personaly would like to hear you say you suck.

The Texas Rangers start a 20 game run tonight with their series against the Red Socks. That's the max number of games in a row allowed by MLB. AND, they're going into it with some key players kinda banged up. Should be interesting...

In other baseball news, we in the D/FW area are still NOT missing Josh Hamilton and his marvelous personality and spotty performance:

http://www.dallasnew...n-my-locker.ece

Interesting that you used the term "banged up," in light of last night's result, sullysue. ;)

In full disclosure, I was watching the Hawks-Kings game.

Interesting that you used the term "banged up," in light of last night's result, sullysue. ;)

Oh, yeah. It was a seriously horrible night for the Rangers. I turned the game on in the third inning, saw how bad it was, and turned it off! So bad that by the 8th inning, the bullpen had been emptied and our left-fielder David Murphy took the mound and was the only pitcher to not allow any hits! And, he struck out Mike Carp, who subsequently got ejected for throwing a fit about it. Crazy stuff...

Thank god we won last night.

Oh, yeah. It was a seriously horrible night for the Rangers. I turned the game on in the third inning, saw how bad it was, and turned it off! So bad that by the 8th inning, the bullpen had been emptied and our left-fielder David Murphy took the mound and was the only pitcher to not allow any hits! And, he struck out Mike Carp, who subsequently got ejected for throwing a fit about it. Crazy stuff...

Old friend David Murphy. Whom the Sox traded with Kason Gabbard to Texas for Eric Gagne. Six years later and he's pitching better than Gagne did back then.

Old friend David Murphy. Whom the Sox traded with Kason Gabbard to Texas for Eric Gagne. Six years later and he's pitching better than Gagne did back then.

:LOL:

I didn't realize Murphy came to us from the Sox. From what I understand, he was up there tossing mostly knuckle balls, too! :P Doesn't matter if he was throwing 105 mph fastballs. We officially got our asses handed to us. So, good job! :boohoo:

Edited by sullysue