Dave Lombardo kicked out of Slayer

bathory

I wish Tom would leave now and Kerry would be fukked! That douche is the main reason I don't listen to Slayer anymore- he's such an asshole I can't stand him.Jeff Hanneman was always the better guitarist anyways, and he wrote Slayer's best songs. The last few albums have all been shit as their basically Kerry King solo album. :moon:

Pretty awful situation here for the band. Really hoping they can pull their act together and finally release a decent album. I don't care for much of what they've done after Seasons tbh.

Also, here's an update to the story: Jon Dette (currently touring with Anthrax, played with Slayer and Testament before) will be drumming on the Australian tour.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=186530&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It always sucks seeing these bands talking about commission, auditors, accountants etc...the 1986 version of Slayer would never allow this shit. But I guess making music eventually becomes a business.
  • Like 1

It always sucks seeing these bands talking about commission, auditors, accountants etc...the 1986 version of Slayer would never allow this shit. But I guess making music eventually becomes a business.

It REALLY sucks when money gets in the way of four people who started off as friends who wanted to play music.

It REALLY sucks when money gets in the way of four people who started off as friends who wanted to play music.

Yeah, you'd think at this point it would be all about the music, considering how long they've been together.

I feel really sorry for Dave. He quit the band once, and I´m not sure if it was for this reason or not, and Slayer was never the same after he left, even though they had some solid efforts then. I quite liked Christ Illusion and World Painted Blood, they can still deliver even with Tom Araya´s injuries and all that...he´s not irreplaceable for sure, but his drumming is so unique that the band loses a lot without him.

I feel really sorry for Dave. He quit the band once, and I´m not sure if it was for this reason or not, and Slayer was never the same after he left, even though they had some solid efforts then. I quite liked Christ Illusion and World Painted Blood, they can still deliver even with Tom Araya´s injuries and all that...he´s not irreplaceable for sure, but his drumming is so unique that the band loses a lot without him.

It was the reason he left the first time. The 2nd time was due to friction with other band members, specifically King.

Looks like Tom wanted the audit, too. But, Kerry can't very well kick him out of the band... No Tom = No Slayer.

Sabbath should snatch up Dave.

Fukk yeah!! GREAT idea. Love Lomabrdo.

As for money, audits and friends who used to just want to make music and what happened to that, I present a band named Rush as the antithesis to the stupidity, greed and "business" getting in the way of the original desire to just make good music. ZZ Top is another great example. It can be done if the members WANT it and treat each other with respect and as friends FIRST and business partners second. Those 2 bands have been together since 1974 and 1968 respectively with the same 3 members (usually a tricky dynamic) and are still friends as well as business partners. Fukk Kerry King if he's indeed the proiblem.

Kerry King is a grade A Prick . Everyone that has ever met him knows this. I know people that really Know the guy and he is a Dick. He does not like anyone in his band and they don't like him . Slayer should fire his ass after this tour

I think with his stupid clothing line, his wannabe tattoos, and taking the helm on most Slayer interviews, Kerry thinks he is Slayer now. And I bet mgmt. has been telling him the same thing. He may be making the lion's share too, although I doubt Tom is being f*cked as hard as Dave has. If Dave's claims are true, Kerryis a total scumbag and Tom needs to bow out, ending Slayer all together.

I do have to give Kerry some credit for keeping Slayer going in the last decade, because I don't think Jeff has been into it since the 90's, and even his playing has suffered. I've seen them live a dozen times, and Jeff's playing is more traditional strumming, much looser, than his super tight wrist picking he used to display. When I saw Slayer last year with Gary Holt (one of the greatest rhythm players EVER) they sounded the best I may have ever heard them, and suprisingly it was because Kerry's playing has improved so much. Sure, Gary was awesome—but he was mixed way down. It was Kerry's show and he sounded awesome.

But all this being said...f**k KERRY KING. I hope he gets hit with a Hepatitus infected piss bomb in Australia.

Mike Portnoy has commented the situation on Twitter. I couldn´t help but notice a subtle attempt at a stab at DT:

"Mike Portnoy@MikePortnoy

Sad to hear about @TheDaveLombardo Anybody can "play drums" in Slayer (or Black Sabbath or) but real drum icons & legends are IRREPLACEABLE!"