Oscar Pistorius (olympic blade runner guy)

Lost In Xanadu

http://espn.go.com/olympics/story/_/id/8946820/olympic-sprinter-oscar-pistorius-charged-murder-girlfriend-reeva-steenkamp

PRETORIA, South Africa -- Paralympic superstar Oscar Pistorius was charged Thursday with the murder of his girlfriend who was shot inside his home in South Africa, a stunning development in the life of a national hero known as the Blade Runner for his high-tech artificial legs.

http://img003.lazygirls.info/people/reeva_steenkamp/reeva_steenkamp_reeva_steenkamp_fhm_12_11_07_wsVIaRq.sized.jpg

WOW! WWWOOOOWWW!!!! WOW!

I mean the story not the picture - ;)

Seriously this sucks i remember rooting for this guy -

Exactly. I think my wife got teary when him and some of the other runners were exchanging their race tags. Everyone roots for a great story like that, I was, you were, my wife was... I bet the majority of anyone watching was.

Mistaken for an intruder, when witnesses have heard the argue from the house in the past?

His story doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Yeah, and I don't see this story going away anytime soon, its got legs.

The people you admire the most.....have a dark side. (seems so) :beathorse: Another example..lance Armstrong.

Yep, that's what I was thinking too....I don't buy the "I shot the intruder" story at all...especially with the prior domestic issues that were occurring....

Edited by rushfanforever!

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/oscar-pistorius-nike-ad-bullet-in-the-chamber.jpg

Irony

Wow.

Creepy...

Yikes......foreshadowing to the max!!

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

:musicnote:

Just another hunter, like a wolf in the sun

Just another junkie on a scoring run

Just another victim of the things he has done

Just another day - in the life of a loaded gun

THE ODDS GET EVEN - You name the game

THE ODDS GET EVEN - The stakes are the same

YOU BET YOUR LIFE

:musicnote:

Although you could substitute the junkie line with, Just another gun nut whose end has begun

Such a sad tragic story.

The 26-year-old, who broke down in tears on several occasions, said the pair were in bed together when he woke up and went onto a balcony to bring a fan inside. On his return to the bedroom he said he heard a noise and thought an intruder had broken in through his bathroom window.

Pistorius claimed he was too scared to switch a light on, so he grabbed his 9mm pistol — which he kept under his bed after receiving death threats — and walked towards the bathroom, which contains a toilet with a separate door.

“On my way to the bathroom I screamed words to the effect for him/them to get out of my house and for Reeva to phone the police. It was pitch dark in the bedroom and I thought Reeva was in bed,” he said.

“I believed that when the intruder/s came out of the toilet we would be in grave danger. I felt trapped as my bedroom door was locked and I have limited mobility on my stumps."

“I fired shots at the toilet door and shouted to Reeva to phone the police."

She did not respond and I moved backwards out of the bathroom, keeping my eyes on the bathroom entrance. Everything was pitch dark in the bedroom and I was still too scared to switch on a light. Reeva was not responding.

“When I reached the bed, I realised that Reeva was not in bed. That is when it dawned on me that it could have been Reeva who was in the toilet. I returned to the bathroom calling her name. I tried to open the toilet door but it was locked. I rushed back into the bedroom and opened the sliding door exiting onto the balcony and screamed for help.”

According to Pistorius he then smashed his way into the toilet using a cricket bat, finding her “slumped over but alive”. He then phoned for an ambulance and carried her downstairs, but she died in his arms.