Valentine's Day

gangsterfurious

Valentine's Day is just like Christmas - a useless, money-grabbing, over-commercialized farce. People are pressured by constant advertising to go out and buy a bunch of useless shit just to "make sure their wife / husband knows they love them."

If I was married and or "girlfriended," I would think that my so-called relationship is in serious trouble if I needed to go out and buy an over-priced stuff animal, over-priced chocolates (Oh, how original!) and a goddam card that SOMEONE ELSE WROTE, and then went out and spend $150 on dinner - on the exact same day that everyone else is doing all of this... just to make sure she knows knows I love her... Hmmmmm.

How about this for a plan... at random times throughout the year - WHEN NO ONE ELSE IS DOING THIS - come home from work and surprise your girl or your guy with a nice little gift, a card (that you made yourself and one that YOU wrote the poem for... even if it looks like a 5 year old made it with Crayons) and then maybe go out for an unplanned, nice meal somewhere.

After dinner, go for a nice walk down by the lake or the river, or in the park... give her a big-ass hug and tell her (or him) that you really love her... maybe even squeeze her bum a little at the same time... that'll get the moisture flowing for when you get home.

If there are any guys reading this - trust me... if you follow my instructions above, you get the best goddam blow job of your life!

:LOL:

I agree with all of this lol.

ALL of it?

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/GIFs/tumblr_m695z652Rz1qcgu81o1_400.gif

Yes all of it and yes I read it. My man is smart enough to know that when I get special "presents" he does as well.

Gangst' - you RULE all chicks in the entire world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get the feeling you're more than happy with the new hubbster... however, if you ever decide to get a divorce (and consider moving to Canadia - we have free health care, don't forget...) my phone number is "867-5309." (And, I don't even know what you look like!)

YA! :drool:

:goodone:

Free health care, eh? Well now that you put it that way how can I resist?

And I was going to say, my picture is right there on my profile. That's the pic I sent to the Rush Facebook page on 21/12.

I do have to tell you though that I live in California, which is a 50/50 state. So if things were to go wrong with my marriage I'd have to give up half of my Rush collection, and I'd rather die. That's the real reason I work so hard at keeping my man happy and vice versa. Hehehe

Gangster... listen to me. Okay, now I know what you look like... I'd say that you are clearly a registered, cerified power babe. However, there is no way in hell that one half of a Rush collection is worth free health care! STAY WITH YOUR HUBBY IN CALIFORNIA!!!

• Like 2

if you're a woman and you like this holiday, you're probably single. just sayin'...

i couldn't care less about valentine's/xmas/birthday/etc.

my husband and I do nice stuff for each other all the time. we don't need designated days created by hallmark to tell us when to do so.

if he came home with a dozens roses, i would divorce him. wasting money like that!? disgusting...

you know what's sexy? let me sleep in until noon without bugging me or run the vacuum once. seriously.

Can you be my wife?

of course. you know i luuuuuurrrvvvee you. :wub: :P

• Like 1

if you're a woman and you like this holiday, you're probably single. just sayin'...

my husband and I do nice stuff for each other all the time. we don't need designated days created by hallmark to tell us when to do so.

if he came home with a dozens roses, i would divorce him. wasting money like that!? disgusting...

you know what's sexy? let me sleep in until noon without bugging me or run the vacuum once. seriously.

Can you be my wife?

Oh I like where this is going.

:yes:

Can you be my wife?

Me too! :LOL:

Can you be my wife?

Oh, my..! :D

Can you be my wife?

Aww?

You lurrrrrrrrve me? Really?

:P

• Like 1

I've always thought Valentine's Day was a useless holiday - as a kid, I thought of it as a popularity contest.

Now I'm just like - this is so unimportant in the scheme of things.

Bah Humbug :heart:

• Like 1

I've always thought Valentine's Day was a useless holiday - as a kid, I thought of it as a popularity contest.

In school, it is a popularity contest. High school anyway. For my son's first grade class, he has to decorate a shoebox for everyone to put their Valentine's in. I'm so excited to decorate this! I mean, he's so excited to make this.

Valentine's Day is for dating couples, not old married folks with four kids. I was gonna buy my dh a card until I saw it was $5 and I'm like, yeah that's about as stupid as it gets. Maybe we'll go out to lunch this Friday if we want an excuse to go out to lunch without accompaniment.

I'm taking him with me to the Austin Rush concert in April, which should be plenty good (if not very romantic since we have to drive back home to said four kids that same night). Still, getting his wife hopped up on Alex Lifeson is bound to redound to the dh's benefit somehow. ;)

• Like 1

The most fun ive had on VD in a long time. Me and my two boys made a huge card for mommy, got some flowers (which we do every friday anyway), and will make dinner tonight. I let the boys pick out the gifts. It was cool to watch them go for things she would like, not what they wanted. Good time for all involved...and no i didn't get a vacuum...we already own a Kirby—and it's the shiznit!
  • Like 2

In school, it is a popularity contest. High school anyway. For my son's first grade class, he has to decorate a shoebox for everyone to put their Valentine's in. I'm so excited to decorate this! I mean, he's so excited to make this.

Funny woman!

I heard on the news (CBC Radio, Canada) that for Valentine's Day, north Americans spend 300 million dollars JUST on chocolates. That doesn't include flowers, useless stuffed animals and stupid shit like that...

Imagine what we could do with that money... build a hospital somewhere, for starters.

Yes, I see the strikethrough. I suspect it is a gentle nudge from 73 (although I don't know that) as you are starting to approach SOCN territory.

----

We had a nice Valentine's Day. Cards. I got flowers :blush: Pretty. I bought lemon squares at the bakery, we ordered a pizza and watched TV. A very nice day and evening.

• Like 1

Now, there is a good VD! Something simple, nothing that cost a thousand dollars... any leftover pizza that could be sent up to Canada?

Yes, I see the strikethrough. I suspect it is a gentle nudge from 73 (although I don't know that) as you are starting to approach SOCN territory.

There's no way that post was inappropriate for this thread. And 73 would make it clear if he modified anyone's post.

I heard on the news (CBC Radio, Canada) that for Valentine's Day, north Americans spend 300 million dollars JUST on chocolates. That doesn't include flowers, useless stuffed animals and stupid shit like that...

Imagine what we could do with that money... build a hospital somewhere, for starters.

Your text somehow has the strike through tags around the text. And there is no indication that anyone edited it. Wonder how that happened?

:huh:

Edited by Sheldon Cooper

Your text somehow has the strike through tags around the text. And there is no indication that anyone edited it. Wonder how that happened?

I dunno? I don't even know what a "73" is... or what a "gentle nudge" is.

Oh well, life goes on. "Bill Gates, I ain't!"

There's no way that post was inappropriate for this thread. And 73 would make it clear if he modified anyone's post.

I agree, but that was the only explanation that I could think of in the absence of TBR doing a select all and pressing the strikethrough button . Yes, 73 is much more explicit (from what I've seen) and the post really doesn't contain any invective. The hospital comment could lead somewhere but I've can't recall a post I've seen that was edited by an admin because of where it *might* lead.

More than likely, it was just an accidental keystroke combination by TBR.

I agree, but that was the only explanation that I could think of in the absence of TBR doing a select all and pressing the strikethrough button . Yes, 73 is much more explicit (from what I've seen) and the post really doesn't contain any invective. The hospital comment could lead somewhere but I've can't recall a post I've seen that was edited by an admin because of where it *might* lead.

More than likely, it was just an accidental keystroke combination by TBR.

Oh, there's no doubt I did something weird... I don't even know what half the buttons or keys do on this thing that I'm typing on... at least once a day I'll hit something and then... uh oh. What the hell did I just do? The screen goes all weird, or something gets locked, deleted or frozen... Jesus... sometimes I'll go to use the ? key and a very weird little E with an accent over it appears and I can't get rid of it. The only way I can, is by shutting down my computer.

I will never work for Apple or Micro Soft.

Okay, here's more proof of my "non-computerness." I had about a million "notifications" in my ... what ever it's called thing... I have been trying to figure out how to delete them for weeks now. And, low and behold... I got it! Just now, I finally figured out how to delete them...

When it comes to computers - "I'm not awesome - I'm not excellent!"

I rest my case.

And, my brain.

I bought my husband $250 worth of comics/comic memorabilia.

I got nothing.

This was perfectly fine with me.

I saw that... he is damn lucky. I think he'll spoil you on the next celebratory day. ;)

Our anniversary is coming up next month so we didnt really do Valentines... he had to work anyway. So our anniversary he told me he's going to give me something really nice. I cant wait! :D