Dan Marino - In The News For......making a baby?

Principled Man

Dan Marino fathered a child out of wedlock seven years ago. Is this newsworthy?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. It's been reported that Marino fathered a child out of wedlock seven years ago. Is this a newsworthy story?

• Yes - He's a sports star and celebrity. He's fair game.
    • No - It's a private matter and none of the public's business.
    • Not sure - Who is Dan Marino?

If I had a dollar for every time some married guy knocked up his girlfriend..... :eyeroll: :eyeroll: Edited by Principled Man

I wish we lived in a world where we didn't worship celebrities, but we do...so it's fair game. I don't agree with it, but that's the way it is in this day in age. :(
  • Like 1

I wish we lived in a world where we didn't worship celebrities, but we do...so it's fair game. I don't agree with it, but that's the way it is in this day in age. :(

I know what you mean, but it seems to me that if we stopped running stories about every (non-criminal) indiscretion that these "celebrities" do, it would help decrease the level of worship. IMO, even the most camera-hungry stars and celebrities deserve some privacy in certain matters. Where that line of privacy lies is up for endless debate..... :blink:

As probably the biggest Marino fan on the board, I have to say I'm very disappointed in him.

But it's not newsworthy.

I'm not the biggest Marino fan but its big news down here in South Florida, not to me however I couldn't care less.
  • Like 1

As probably the biggest Marino fan on the board, I have to say I'm very disappointed in him.

But it's not newsworthy.

More disappointed than when he sh*t the bed against the 49ers in Super Bowl XIX? Or in the AFC Championship the next year, at home, against the Patriots, who hadn't won in Miami in 20 years? More disappointed than that?

• Like 2

But it's not newsworthy.

More disappointed than when he sh*t the bed against the 49ers in Super Bowl XIX? Or in the AFC Championship the next year, at home, against the Patriots, who hadn't won in Miami in 20 years? More disappointed than that?

There's personal and professional disappointment. I don't think his performance in either game was why they lost. In SB XIX, the Niners were able (after the first quarter) to get pressure with just the four down linemen, and there are very few if any QBs that can succeed in that type of environment. In the 1985 AFC championship game, the run defense completely collapsed against the pedestrian Craig James, leading to the conclusion that they threw the game just to be treated to the comedy that was Super Bowl XX and Tony Eason's performance against a defense Marino had shredded just a month and a half before.

But it's not newsworthy.

There's personal and professional disappointment. I don't think his performance in either game was why they lost. In SB XIX, the Niners were able (after the first quarter) to get pressure with just the four down linemen, and there are very few if any QBs that can succeed in that type of environment. In the 1985 AFC championship game, the run defense completely collapsed against the pedestrian Craig James, leading to the conclusion that they threw the game just to be treated to the comedy that was Super Bowl XX and Tony Eason's performance against a defense Marino had shredded just a month and a half before.

I won't defend Eason.

But, if either Lin Dawson or Stanley Morgan catch passes on the Patriots' first series after the Payton fumble, or if Don Blackmon doesn't drop the McMahon pass that hits him in the face in the flat (where there was nothing between him and the end zone) in the Bears' first series after the Patriots' field goal, perhaps the Patriots would have 4 Super Bowl wins since the Dolphins' last appearance.

You're happy with his 54.9 rating in the championship game? His 41.7 completion percentage?

But it's not newsworthy.

I won't defend Eason.

But, if either Lin Dawson or Stanley Morgan catch passes on the Patriots' first series after the Payton fumble, or if Don Blackmon doesn't drop the McMahon pass that hits him in the face in the flat (where there was nothing between him and the end zone) in the Bears' first series after the Patriots' field goal, perhaps the Patriots would have 4 Super Bowl wins since the Dolphins' last appearance.

This kind of reminds me of the old story about Sammy Baugh after the 1940 NFL Championship Game.

From wikipedia:

The Bears controlled the game right from the start, using the T formation as their primary offensive strategy. On their second play from scrimmage, running back Bill Osmanski ran 68 yards for a touchdown. Washington then marched to the Chicago 26-yard line on their ensuing drive, but wide receiver Charlie Malone dropped a sure touchdown pass in the end zone that would have tied the game.

Redskins quarterback Sammy Baugh was interviewed after the game, and a sportswriter asked him whether the game would have been different had Malone not dropped the tying TD pass. Baugh reportedly quipped, "Sure. The final score would have been 73-7."[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1940_NFL_Championship_Game

You're happy with his 54.9 rating in the championship game? His 41.7 completion percentage?

No, but it wasn't the main culprit. A defense that was unraveling faster than the Obama Administration's Benghazi story was.

But in the end, what difference does it make?

• Like 1

But it's not newsworthy.

I won't defend Eason.

This kind of reminds me of the old story about Sammy Baugh after the 1940 NFL Championship Game.

From wikipedia:

The Bears controlled the game right from the start, using the T formation as their primary offensive strategy. On their second play from scrimmage, running back Bill Osmanski ran 68 yards for a touchdown. Washington then marched to the Chicago 26-yard line on their ensuing drive, but wide receiver Charlie Malone dropped a sure touchdown pass in the end zone that would have tied the game.

Redskins quarterback Sammy Baugh was interviewed after the game, and a sportswriter asked him whether the game would have been different had Malone not dropped the tying TD pass. Baugh reportedly quipped, "Sure. The final score would have been 73-7."[2]

http://en.wikipedia....ampionship_Game

No, but it wasn't the main culprit. A defense that was unraveling faster than the Obama Administration's Benghazi story was.

But in the end, what difference does it make?

I think if the Bears were trailing 14-0, or even 10-0 less than 5 minutes into the game, things are different. For one, the Patriots could have afforded to be more patient with the run. For another, I think the Bears would have been less sure of themselves. But we'll never know, and what difference does it make indeed. Shrillary was probably a Bears fan too, now that I think of it.

For another, I think the Bears would have been less sure of themselves. But we'll never know, and what difference does it make indeed.

Personally, I think the only player in the NFL who worried da Bears that post-season was Dan Marino....and luckily for them, he didn't get a rematch.

• Like 1

For another, I think the Bears would have been less sure of themselves. But we'll never know, and what difference does it make indeed.

Personally, I think the only player in the NFL who worried da Bears that post-season was Dan Marino....and luckily for them, he didn't get a rematch.

:yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m0SzNtY9WI

First time you meet me in person, you're buying me a beer for saying that.... :cool: :LOL:

• Like 1

First time you meet me in person, you're buying me a beer for saying that.... :cool: :LOL:

:cheers:

Actually, some of the 1985 Bears might have feared Charles Martin as well.