Black Sabbath Officially Announce New Album ’13′!

fonzbear2000

exactly, jake was just trying to sound like randy, but even then I like his style more than zakk's.

I think Zakk started off alright on the first album, but gradually as he adopted this hard man, biker image, he started to play like a biker and sounded more and more like a bike too one with a bad exhaust...

exactly, jake was just trying to sound like randy, but even then I like his style more than zakk's.

I think Zakk started off alright on the first album, but gradually as he adopted this hard man, biker image, he started to play like a biker and sounded more and more like a bike too one with a bad exhaust...

:laughing guy: well I thought NRFTW was boring anyway, and things got progressively worse as zakk went from the glam look to the outrageously silly an unconvincing biker looks

His transformation is astounding from NRFTW. A friend went to see him not so long ago wth BLS and all he seemed to do was spit more than anything else. Just vile and his tone sucked mighty as well :facepalm:

His transformation is astounding from NRFTW. A friend went to see him not so long ago wth BLS and all he seemed to do was spit more than anything else. Just vile and his tone sucked mighty as well :facepalm:

Yeah he must have started hanging around with some real idiots who he tried to play up to, either that or he went nuts, or a bit of both...

aside from like, led zeppelin I-IV and van halen II and the like, I generally dislike album titles that are number-based

OTOH, this was one of the greatest albums of all time. Having a number for its title in no way detracted from its greatness.

http://pixhost.me/avaxhome/87/33/001f3387_medium.jpeg

Cherone isn't the (biggest) problem with this album IMO. It's EVH. The songs just aren't particularly good ones. And I own, and enjoy, all the Van Hagar albums, so this isn't coming from someone from the "DLR or nothing" camp.

aside from like, led zeppelin I-IV and van halen II and the like, I generally dislike album titles that are number-based

OTOH, this was one of the greatest albums of all time. Having a number for its title in no way detracted from its greatness.

Cherone isn't the (biggest) problem with this album IMO. It's EVH. The songs just aren't particularly good ones. And I own, and enjoy, all the Van Hagar albums, so this isn't coming from someone from the "DLR or nothing" camp.

Agreed...to this day I don´t know how, with such an arsenal of kickass demos piling up on 5150 Studios, Eddie managed to choose such crappy ones. Even his solos on the album are not particularly memorable. Songs like Josephina, A Year to the Day, How Many Say I and Once wouldn´t even compare to outtakes of the material they put out with Sammy or Dave. And whose idea was it to have Eddie sing on How Many Say I?

Agreed...to this day I don´t know how, with such an arsenal of kickass demos piling up on 5150 Studios, Eddie managed to choose such crappy ones. Even his solos on the album are not particularly memorable. Songs like Josephina, A Year to the Day, How Many Say I and Once wouldn´t even compare to outtakes of the material they put out with Sammy or Dave. And whose idea was it to have Eddie sing on How Many Say I?

How Many Say I is horrible. I didn't catch the tour, but the clips of Cherone on YouTube doing stuff like Mean Street show he did a decent enough job.

To bring this thread back, sort of, Van Halen III is a lot like Born Again. I'm a huge VH and Sabbath fan. Every year or so I dust them off and try to appreciate them for what they are. It never works.

and to the guy saying ozzy's a nobody: wtf? guy's a great frontman, great stage presence, and helped sabbath create heavy metal. sure, iommi and butler wrote the music but ozzy's voice was f***ing killer in the 70s, and contributed greatly to their sound

Ah young chicken hawk lol . Ozzy Was a great frontman , Ozzy Had great stage presence once upon a time and yes, Sabbath helped create the Metal sound . Ozzy can't write his own songs . Butler , Daisley and a shitload of other writers wrote the words for him . He is a sad shell of the person he was and i find him embarrasing to watch now .

How Many Say I is horrible. I didn't catch the tour, but the clips of Cherone on YouTube doing stuff like Mean Street show he did a decent enough job.

To bring this thread back, sort of, Van Halen III is a lot like Born Again. I'm a huge VH and Sabbath fan. Every year or so I dust them off and try to appreciate them for what they are. It never works.

I caught them on the cherine tour, and they were in good form. Cherone looked out of place , but I remember Anthony taking the lead vocals on Somebody get me a doctor.. He sounded great.

I was speaking strictly about his heyday in sabbath, obviously he sucks now

I know what you are talking about but we are Not getting Ozzy from 1973 on this album, we get Ozzy 2013 , the turd

I know what you are talking about but we are Not getting Ozzy from 1973 on this album, we get Ozzy 2013 , the turd

You'll buy it!! And you'll put it on the shelf like the rest of us!!

Only if i like what i hear. Trust me Ducky , the days of me buying an album because of the Name on it are over. I will listen to the Leak and if it blows , they won't see a dime from me

Only if i like what i hear. Trust me Ducky , the days of me buying an album because of the Name on it are over. I will listen to the Leak and if it blows , they won't see a dime from me

Sharon Osbourne is determined to get at your dollars!! http://www.hanggliding.org/images/smiles/witch.gif

Numbers are ok. Rush put out a pretty good album once called '2112'.. Who cares what the album is called anyway!?!?
  • Like 2

oh really? based on this performance from just last year I would have to respectfully disagree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKRFbcSQ9gY

Sure there's some rough edges and he tends to go off key on some of the Vol. 4 material but that's live rock n roll. And for a guy that's 64 I wouldn't say he sucks, is embarrassing or a sad shell. Far from it, actually.

Numbers are ok. Rush put out a pretty good album once called '2112'.. Who cares what the album is called anyway!?!?

I agree. So long as the album is actually good, few will care. What good is a great album title fitted with a shitty record?

Oooh, Black Sabbath Vol. IV. How original. Led Zeppelin III.

There are at least 10,468 that used the I, II, or III (or more) format. Again...who cares so long as it's good. They can call it Sharon's Finely Shorn Cootchy-Snorcher and I don't care. Do I want to listen to it a second, fifth, and 36th time or is once just enough? If the latter then it could have the coolest title ever and no one will give two shites. Edited by Presto-digitation

oh really? based on this performance from just last year I would have to respectfully disagree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKRFbcSQ9gY

Sure there's some rough edges and he tends to go off key on some of the Vol. 4 material but that's live rock n roll. And for a guy that's 64 I wouldn't say he sucks, is embarrassing or a sad shell. Far from it, actually.

I saw Ozzy three times between 82 and 84. I haven't seen him since. But I'm buying this album, and will catch this tour. This is it for any incarnation of Sabbath I think. I saw them with Ronnie in 2009 (his second to last show ever, in fact). I haven't listened to The Devil You Know in more than 3 years, but I enjoyed it when it first came out.

Ozzy's appeal has never been about what a great technical singer he is (because he isn't). Even when he was young. His voice is unique, and to those of us who like it, cool.