Black Sabbath Officially Announce New Album ’13′!

fonzbear2000

aside from like, led zeppelin I-IV and van halen II and the like, I generally dislike album titles that are number-based

OTOH, this was one of the greatest albums of all time. Having a number for its title in no way detracted from its greatness.

http://pixhost.me/avaxhome/87/33/001f3387_medium.jpeg

The cannon should have been aimed at Cherone!

You didn't like it? :wtf:

:LOL:

I'm sure I'll be into the album when it comes out. Like TDYK, I suspect it will end up collecting dust on the shelf, but hopefully they'll take a page out of Rush's book and release a stunner.

As time goes by and you collect more and more albums, some albums are bound to spend more time on the shelf. There's only so many albums you can listen to in a day!

True. But I'm confident Clockwork will stay on my iPod permanently, while VT isn't. I don't expect another Master of Reality, but something better than Scream or TDYK would be great.

Don't expect even another Technical Ecstasy if you don't want to be disappointed.

I like Never Say Die! better than TE, so I hope you're wrong Duck.

CA is exponentially better than Presto, so you never know.

aside from like, led zeppelin I-IV and van halen II and the like, I generally dislike album titles that are number-based

OTOH, this was one of the greatest albums of all time. Having a number for its title in no way detracted from its greatness.

Even Michael Anthony didn't like the idea...

http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/images/embedded/1000x595/9edff5890adf978da1e8efb73515814e242ba67c.jpg

http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/images/embedded/1000x595/9edff5890adf978da1e8efb73515814e242ba67c.jpg

Yeah, but he's no Wolfie.

I'm sure I'll be into the album when it comes out. Like TDYK, I suspect it will end up collecting dust on the shelf, but hopefully they'll take a page out of Rush's book and release a stunner.

As time goes by and you collect more and more albums, some albums are bound to spend more time on the shelf. There's only so many albums you can listen to in a day!

True. But I'm confident Clockwork will stay on my iPod permanently, while VT isn't. I don't expect another Master of Reality, but something better than Scream or TDYK would be great.

Don't expect even another Technical Ecstasy if you don't want to be disappointed.

I like Never Say Die! better than TE, so I hope you're wrong Duck.

CA is exponentially better than Presto, so you never know.

I hope it's good too, I'm just saying don't get your hopes up, especially if you don't like TDYK.

I like TDYK myself but obviously it's well below classic Sabs or 80s Dio Sabs.

Yeah, but he's no Wolfie.

Eddie loved it!

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/liveonline/images/celebritology/eddie_van_halen1.jpg

This is by far one of my most anticipated albums of the year. And I disagree that Ozzy will suck. I actually think he sounded great on Scream and Black Rain so I expect a quality performance on 13.

Iommi and Butler will make this album. Ozzy will only suck, like he usually does.

Oh, look how cool I am everybody, i'm bashing Ozzy :blah:

Ozzy's studio voice has always been good and very well produced, especially with his solo material. He will sound fine on this album, he will come up with good vocal melodies like he always has and he will be signing Geezer's words like he used to. Now the quality of the songs is still up for debate but weather or not Ozzy will sound good on this album isn't. Even on his worst songs Ozzy's voice always sounds good on record.

Looking forward to what they come up with. If they can get the doomeyness of TDYK and combine it with good lyrics from Geezer and Ozzy's vocals, they will have a winner.

Iommi and Butler will make this album. Ozzy will only suck, like he usually does.

Ozzy's studio voice has always been good and very well produced, especially with his solo material. He will sound fine on this album, he will come up with good vocal melodies like he always has and he will be signing Geezer's words like he used to. Now the quality of the songs is still up for debate but weather or not Ozzy will sound good on this album isn't. Even on his worst songs Ozzy's voice always sounds good on record.

Looking forward to what they come up with. If they can get the doomeyness of TDYK and combine it with good lyrics from Geezer and Ozzy's vocals, they will have a winner.

how can you not bash ozzy these days? he hasn't had a good record in forever

how can you not bash ozzy these days? he hasn't had a good record in forever

My point is Ozzy bashing got old years ago, it's time to move on. I actually like all his solo material all the way up through Down To Earth. It was only the last two albums where I feel he turned to shit as a solo artist. I don't bother bashing him over every little thing because what's the point? It doesn't change anything and it's been done to death.

the devil you know kicked ass, but with heaven and hell and mob rules already existing, I never had much inclination to listen to it more than a few times

as for solo ozzy, my thoughts are well documented, but yeah scream is one of the biggest turds in rock history

Without Rhoads and/or Bob Daisley writing the songs Ozzy material has been trash. Daisley last wrote Ozzy material on the "No More Tears" album. He wrote on all the first six Ozzy records, all the lyrics and obviously had some input on the music and the vocal melodies as well..

Daisley cannot be praised enough as far as Ozzy material. His treatment by Sharon Osbourne has been despicable beyond words (not to mention Lee Kerslake's contribution as well who was perfect for that band). :rage:

• Like 3

the devil you know kicked ass, but with heaven and hell and mob rules already existing, I never had much inclination to listen to it more than a few times

as for solo ozzy, my thoughts are well documented, but yeah scream is one of the biggest turds in rock history

Without Rhoads and/or Bob Daisley writing the songs Ozzy material has been trash. Daisley last wrote Ozzy material on the "No More Tears" album. He wrote on all the first six Ozzy records, all the lyrics and obviously had some input on the music and the vocal melodies as well..

Daisley cannot be praised enough as far as Ozzy material. His treatment by Sharon Osbourne has been despicable beyond words (not to mention Lee Kerslake's contribution as well who was perfect for that band). :rage:

Aye!

Agreed. I own all of Ozzy's solo stuff. Diary is the last album with no filler. No More Tears is the last album to have more great than weak stuff. Ozzy's appeal has never been his technical singing ability, just like Roth. He has a unique, and to me, "cool" voice. Once Randy died, and Daisley fell out of favor, his songwriting collaborators mostly failed him. Mr. Pinch Harmonics does nothing for me.

My beef with TDYK is all the songs sound basically alike. Bible Black, Follow the Tears, and Rock and Roll Angel are the only standout tracks. That's really Iommi's fault. I'll keep my fingers crossed though.

No mention of Jake E Lee? Very underrated. I prefer his style to Zacks.

I think there will probably be a few gems on here, but nothing coming close to the classic stuff. Ozzy always sounds decent in the studio . It does suck Bill couldn't be part of it all, but I'm used to this type of bullshit with these classic bands.

Iommi and Butler are the meat and potatoes of the band anyway.

Edited by Xanadoood

I wouldn't make fun of Ozzy if he wasn't a talentless hack. Can't sing, can't write his own songs. If it weren't for Iommi and Butler, he's a nothing. He's useless. Studio magic will do its work, but Ozzy can't sing. Studio produced vocals don't prove anything. Again, why Dio will always be infinitely better.

I honestly have no doubt that there will be some awesome songs on the album, but Ozzy won't be the reason they'll be awesome. Not even close.

Don't forget about V from Vitus! :d13:

and Black Country Communion 2

hahaha well no one here knows who vitus are

• Like 1

and to the guy saying ozzy's a nobody: wtf? guy's a great frontman, great stage presence, and helped sabbath create heavy metal. sure, iommi and butler wrote the music but ozzy's voice was f***ing killer in the 70s, and contributed greatly to their sound

and Black Country Communion 2

I've already mentioned that in this thread... :D-13:

No mention of Jake E Lee? Very underrated. I prefer his style to Zacks.

I think there will probably be a few gems on here, but nothing coming close to the classic stuff. Ozzy always sounds decent in the studio . It does suck Bill couldn't be part of it all, but I'm used to this type of bullshit with these classic bands.

Iommi and Butler are the meat and potatoes of the band anyway.

I like the Jake E Lee Ozzy albums and I prefer them by far to the Zakk albums. But I don't think the style that Jake used on those albums was his true style, He was just doing his take of Randy Rhoads. If you listen to anything he's played since, Badlands, solo stuff, even tribute albums, he plays nothing like that, he's unrecognisable as the Ozzy Jake...