NHL IS BACK: 2013 NHL Season

Cygnus 2112

Hahah now there's a report (confirmed by Duthie) that the Flyers are in on Lu. This has been a wonderful day.

"That made me chuckle," Flyers GM Paul Holmgren told the Daily News. "It's safe to say those rumors aren't true. They have no basis or merit."

Hahah now there's a report (confirmed by Duthie) that the Flyers are in on Lu. This has been a wonderful day.

"That made me chuckle," Flyers GM Paul Holmgren told the Daily News. "It's safe to say those rumors aren't true. They have no basis or merit."

Why you haff to bench Bryz? He good guy. He just want to play hockey.

Why you haff to bench Bryz? He good guy. He just want to play hockey.

I'm sure as opening night approaches, sadly, my attitude will change. But right now I'm still not willing to act like a puppy dog.

UNH at BC at Conte Forum Friday night! :hockey:

Not surprised you're still in college hockey mode, with Jerry York's recent milestone and all. :)

Yes. Very cool for him. He's as nice a guy as you could want coaching a kid, so I was happy to see him reach it. And I think he recognizes that he's got a pretty good gig at BC.

They probably only have Johnny Gaudreau for this year. Too bad. My son's a huge fan of his.

Looks like the B's get a home opener on the 19th against the blueskirts. Can't wait!

That should be a good one with a ton of action!

Any ideas when schedule will be 'officially' released. Could it be any minute/hour, or are they waiting for the players to vote/sign the contract before doing so?

Week of the 20th, I'm heading to LA and Chicago for business and hoping to have the chance to catch a game.

Any ideas when schedule will be 'officially' released. Could it be any minute/hour, or are they waiting for the players to vote/sign the contract before doing so?

Week of the 20th, I'm heading to LA and Chicago for business and hoping to have the chance to catch a game.

Yeah Gary Buttman said that they are waiting til the players ratify to release the schedule, so probably not until Saturday or Sunday

Yeah Gary Buttman said that they are waiting til the players ratify to release the schedule, so probably not until Saturday or Sunday

Thanks Phil.

I'm still supporting the Avalanche. Last two seasons, they have started off well and then tanked around All-Star break.

So that could mean one of two things if the trend continues

-Start off well and then tank at the end of the season (but still have enough pts to make playoffs)

-Start off tanking in typicall late-Jan form and get a high draft pick

The lockout is now officially over! The memorandum of understanding has been signed and business will begin at midnight tonight.

Capitals are ready to sign Fehr to a one-year contract. :spitwater: Eric, I mean, but that city would fit Donald. :P

The lockout is now officially over! The memorandum of understanding has been signed and business will begin at midnight tonight.

Capitals are ready to sign Fehr to a one-year contract. :spitwater: Eric, I mean, but that city would fit Donald. :P

I see that the Hawks only have two home games in their first 12... because of Disney on Ice :LOL:

I see that the Hawks only have two home games in their first 12... because of Disney on Ice :LOL:

We would have to go out west anyway. I hope we're not behind the eight ball after the trip. :scared:

Canucks have signed Cam Barker for a season. Ugh. Couldn't they have just kept Rome or Gragnani? Or at least found an NHL-calibre defenceman somewhere?

It's baffling, honestly. Barker looks unambiguously awful by the same kind of advanced metrics the Canucks are known to use. I don't get it.

Edited by invisibleairwaves

Canucks have signed Cam Barker for a season. Ugh. Couldn't they have just kept Rome or Gragnani? Or at least found an NHL-calibre defenceman somewhere?

It's baffling, honestly. Barker looks unambiguously awful by the same kind of advanced metrics the Canucks are known to use. I don't get it.

Man, give him a chance. I hate to say it but he will be playing on a better team now. Sometimes that works wonders for a player.

Man, give him a chance. I hate to say it but he will be playing on a better team now. Sometimes that works wonders for a player.

I know, I know. I'd just rather not see the Canucks dabble in reclamation projects at this stage, especially with players who have fallen as far as Barker has. As for being held back by a bad team, there's a statistical case to be made that he was dragging the Oilers down, not the other way around. And there's stuff like

I'm not saying it's impossible that he'll rebound, but I'd rather see another team take that chance. Especially with the Canucks' recurring penchant for D injuries...the prospect of Barker getting forced into the top 4 is terrifying. Fortunately it's only a one-year deal, but still...