NHL IS BACK: 2013 NHL Season

Cygnus 2112

The lockout is now officially over! The memorandum of understanding has been signed and business will begin at midnight tonight.

Capitals are ready to sign Fehr to a one-year contract. :spitwater: Eric, I mean, but that city would fit Donald. :P

Stupid signing. One good hit and that shoulder is toast. At least they didn't pay him much.

What do y'all think attendance will be like this year..?

Same as before. The teams who are in big markets with good fan bases will do fine and the small market teams who struggled to sell tickets before will continue to do so.

The league would do well to contract 2-4 teams.

Sabres announce that the first four home games have already been sold out, and only single seats remain for the other home games, so I think we'll be fine here. That and over 10k people showed up for a team scrimmage tonight at the arena. Buffalo is hungry for some hockey

Somebody needs to offer sheet P.K. Subban already. Kid's amazing.

I wish the Isles had some balls and were willing to spend a little money. Subban is friends with Tavares and I'd like to have him on the backline.

http://lowdownblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/charles-wang.jpg

Don't really care if the Habs let Subban go - At first I thought the kid was awesome and would turn into something great but too many bad penalties and a bad attitude has lowered my opinion of him -

Don't really care if the Habs let Subban go - At first I thought the kid was awesome and would turn into something great but too many bad penalties and a bad attitude has lowered my opinion of him -

So you wouldn't mind if, say, the Leafs got him? You can have Mike Komisarek back in return :D

Well, Nonis has been busy. Traded away Matt Lombardi yesterday and he's putting Tim Connolly on waivers today. Really glad to see some unnecessary players being moved off the roster. Not that they weren't any good, but the Leafs didn't need either of them with all the younger guys coming up.

Is Komisarek next? *fingers crossed*

As an aside: can we all agree that the 2013 Stanley Cup isn't any less meaningful or deserving of an asterisk or whatever? Yeah, the season's shorter but the Cup doesn't get awarded to the best regular season team (or so I've been informed about a million times over the last two years). The playoffs are no different this year, and that's what determines the champion.
  • Like 1

As an aside: can we all agree that the 2013 Stanley Cup isn't any less meaningful or deserving of an asterisk or whatever? Yeah, the season's shorter but the Cup doesn't get awarded to the best regular season team (or so I've been informed about a million times over the last two years). The playoffs are no different this year, and that's what determines the champion.

It depends on who wins it. ;)

Figured :P

My co-worker brought this up...he said something like "you know what sucks about this lockout? The Canucks could finally win the Cup and we'd still take crap from Chicago and Boston fans because it "doesn't count" this year". Sigh.

Figured :P

My co-worker brought this up...he said something like "you know what sucks about this lockout? The Canucks could finally win the Cup and we'd still take crap from Chicago and Boston fans because it "doesn't count" this year". Sigh.

If the Hawks were to win this year, I wouldn't care what fans of other teams would say. Besides, the champion will have to play at least 64 games, more than many leagues in Europe. I don't think there should be any talk of an asterisk.
  • Like 1

Jamie Benn and Stars still very far apart on contract talks.. yet Nieuwendyke says they're confident to have him in uni against Phoenix on Saturday night... :sigh: