NHL IS BACK: 2013 NHL Season

Cygnus 2112

Danny Briere to the Habs - I like this pick up - They got rid of Ryder - Ryder is younger but I think Briere will help the two rookie G's out a lot in the next two years Edited by alphseeker

So is $5M a year a big time contract in the NHL?

Pretty much. Gets you a good top-six forward or a top-pairing defenceman. Unless it's the first day of free agency, that is.

hmmm, interesting. thanks for the info. Been seeing alot of 5 yr/25M deals. Edited by FountainOfSyrinx

Huh... Iggy is a Bruin for real this time. Looks like he's got some bridges to rebuild. I kinda want him to f**k right off, to be honest.

edit: nah, I don't want him to f**k off... we got him!

edit 2: $6 million? f**k.

Edited by Territorial_Game

Huh... Iggy is a Bruin for real this time. Looks like he's got some bridges to rebuild. I kinda want him to f**k right off, to be honest.

edit: nah, I don't want him to f**k off... we got him!

edit 2: $6 million? f**k.

He should really go to Pittsburgh, then Detroit and then Chicago. ;)

• Like 1

Danny Briere to the Habs - I like this pick up - They got rid of Ryder - Ryder is younger but I think Briere will help the two rookie G's out a lot in the next two years

Philly is sorry to see Mr. Playoffs go. Purely a cap casualty. Danny is a good man, and a good asset.

Tyler Seguin tweets: "Only steers and queers in Texas, and I'm not a cow."

Apparently he was hacked.. Oh boy.

He was at a party to celebrate his trade, so one of his dudebro friends probably got ahold of his phone.

He really doesn't come across as a particularly bright fellow.

I'm really glad Edmonton grabbed Ference. He can go home and play a bigger role, and from a selfish point of view, the Oil is fun to watch, so tuning in to see him should be nice. Still, really sad to see him go. https://twitter.com/...185421355778048

As for Horton in Columbus... I guess he really did want a quieter life :LOL:

And the Seguin trade... wow. I get the idea of clearing some cap space, but it seems like Chiarelli gave up on him awful fast. It will be cool to have him be in Dallas just because they'll play a preseason game down in San Antonio against Florida, so that'll be a chance to get up really close to watch him. Not that I'm a 16-year-old girl. It'll be cool to see Loui in the black and gold, too. As for Pevs... good luck finding him, Dallas. He's been under a rock somewhere all year.

IMO, Ference played better on the whole than Seidenberg and Chara did in the finals. Certainly less glaring lapses. No, that doesn't mean that I think the Bruins should have kept him, but I agree it's sad to see such a good man go.

The Seguin trade makes me nervous, tbh. He's so young, and after the 2010 collapse he was the "sniper" the team was purportedly missing. It's true, some players never become what you hope (I still feel that way about Jumbo) but I'd be lying if I weren't concerned that down the road this kid becomes, well, Kessel.

I am dumbstruck by the Iginla signing.

He was at a party to celebrate his trade, so one of his dudebro friends probably got ahold of his phone.

I hope he matures a little bit.. I'd hate to have another Sean Avery. Half-joking.

Stupid double post.

Edited by FountainOfSyrinx

I hope he matures a little bit.. I'd hate to have another Sean Avery. Half-joking.

No goddamn way could Seguin turn into that asshat. He's just a college-age kid with a lot of money.

I'm really glad Edmonton grabbed Ference. He can go home and play a bigger role, and from a selfish point of view, the Oil is fun to watch, so tuning in to see him should be nice. Still, really sad to see him go. https://twitter.com/...185421355778048

As for Horton in Columbus... I guess he really did want a quieter life :LOL:

And the Seguin trade... wow. I get the idea of clearing some cap space, but it seems like Chiarelli gave up on him awful fast. It will be cool to have him be in Dallas just because they'll play a preseason game down in San Antonio against Florida, so that'll be a chance to get up really close to watch him. Not that I'm a 16-year-old girl. It'll be cool to see Loui in the black and gold, too. As for Pevs... good luck finding him, Dallas. He's been under a rock somewhere all year.

IMO, Ference played better on the whole than Seidenberg and Chara did in the finals. Certainly less glaring lapses. No, that doesn't mean that I think the Bruins should have kept him, but I agree it's sad to see such a good man go.

The Seguin trade makes me nervous, tbh. He's so young, and after the 2010 collapse he was the "sniper" the team was purportedly missing. It's true, some players never become what you hope (I still feel that way about Jumbo) but I'd be lying if I weren't concerned that down the road this kid becomes, well, Kessel.

I am dumbstruck by the Iginla signing.

My biggest concern with signing Iggy was that cap hit that doesn't leave anything for anyone but Tuukka. Hopefully someone doesn't throw a hefty offer sheet his way...

Edited by Territorial_Game

No goddamn way could Seguin turn into that asshat. He's just a college-age kid with a lot of money.

Lol. They'll just have to stay away from his sloppy seconds.

Better hurry. He'll be in town for a few days, which should be ample time for him to sleep with half the population of 18 to 21-year-old girls in Dallas. By the end of next season, he'll have that age group all but exhausted in the entire DFW area. Except Garland because it's... Garland. That'll be where Marchand goes when the Bruins come to town.

Better hurry. He'll be in town for a few days, which should be ample time for him to sleep with half the population of 18 to 21-year-old girls in Dallas. By the end of next season, he'll have that age group all but exhausted in the entire DFW area. Except Garland because it's... Garland. That'll be where Marchand goes when the Bruins come to town.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. True about Garland. Hey, Marchand will have easy access, one of the few benefits of DART.

Canuckleheads sign Pascal Pelletier.

http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=677115

AHL signing. Pretty quiet free agency period for Vancouver, which is probably for the best. Lapierre and Raymond are gone, fourth-liners Brad Richardson and Mike Santorelli are in. Nothing really earth-shaking.

The only really noteworthy thing right now is that Luongo still hasn't confirmed he'll join the team next season, which is somewhat troubling. Lots of time for him to make up his mind before the season starts though.

Everyone's like "my team's doing this" and "my team is doing that"

and I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs

Well nevermind.

Sabres re-acquire Henrik Tallinder from the Devils for a player that split time between the AHL and ECHL...

Fine by me. Tyler Myers hasn't been the same player ever since he left.

Well, after reading more about the performance-based stuff, now I'm understanding why Iggy's contract didn't screw with the Bruins cap so much. Whew.

The performance bonus cushion allows teams to exceed the upper limit with performance bonuses to a maximum of 7.5 percent of the upper limit.

For example, if the upper limit is $64,300,000, teams can exceed it by $4,822,500 in performance bonuses. Any performances bonuses in excess of that total do not fall into the cushion and are counted as part of the team’s cap payroll.”

$4.2 million of Iginla’s contract can go over the cap, with room for around $600k in performance bonuses for other signings.

Hmm, just summoned the courage to look at Toronto's CapGeek page. Oh boy, I think this summer might get even worse before it's over. A hair over $10M in cap space, with the following RFAs to re-sign (among others):

-Nazem Kadri, the high draft pick who outscored Tyler Bozak this season.

-Cody Franson, who also outscored Tyler Bozak from the blueline.

-Carl Gunnarson, who is still a top-pairing defenceman on this team.

-Mark Fraser, who just filed for salary arbitration and could easily end up getting more than he's really worth to the team

I'll be amazed if they manage to keep all of them without making any further trades. If the Grabovski buyout was supposed to prevent a cap crunch, it backfired in a huge way. Oh, and the defense still sucks. And Kessel's a UFA next summer.