NHL IS BACK: 2013 NHL Season

Cygnus 2112

Hawks finally played their game and the Bruins skated with them! That was ridiculous and had me scared this was going to be a 3-1 series! What a crazy game.

The Bruins got completely outplayed last night. In some ways, I'm encouraged that it went to overtime, and that they beat Crawford so many times. That game was played at the Hawks' speed. The Bruins have to commit to really unloading on the Hawks Saturday night.

The prospect of having to win in Chicago again is not encouraging.

This morning I saw a clip from what is apparently a Hawks post game show, with Pat Boyle and Steve Konroyd (I think), where they were criticizing Claude Julien for suggesting that the Bruins lost because they didn't play well, and not giving the Hawks enough credit. Imagine?! Don't they get that if the Bruins lose, they must have underperformed?

;)

• Like 1

I love the NHL.com post game stuff. When Bruins lose, it was an off-night for them. When Hawks lose, the series is over. :LOL:

Of course Rask had an off night. Everytime he blinked another Hawk was racing at him with the puck with no one wearing a black sweater not also holding a cup of beer and a pretzel within 40 feet.

The Bruins got completely outplayed last night. In some ways, I'm encouraged that it went to overtime, and that they beat Crawford so many times. That game was played at the Hawks' speed. The Bruins have to commit to really unloading on the Hawks Saturday night.

This morning I saw a clip from what is apparently a Hawks post game show, with Pat Boyle and Steve Konroyd (I think), where they were criticizing Claude Julien for suggesting that the Bruins lost because they didn't play well, and not giving the Hawks enough credit. Imagine?! Don't they get that if the Bruins lose, they must have underperformed?

;)

Julien does sound a little defiant but that's expected and normal for any coach. I thought Bruins offense had lots of speed and played well. The problem for Boston was Chara and co. They couldn't handle Hawks forwards. And to think the Toews-Kane combo still wasn't at their best last night. Crawford has to watch that glove. I'm thrilled to get a split in Boston.

I love the NHL.com post game stuff. When Bruins lose, it was an off-night for them. When Hawks lose, the series is over. :LOL:

Of course Rask had an off night. Everytime he blinked another Hawk was racing at him with the puck with no one wearing a black sweater not also holding a cup of beer and a pretzel within 40 feet.

Yes, but when the Hawks lost game 3, there wasn't any talk of an off-night. The series was going to be over in 5 games.

• Like 1

;)

Julien does sound a little defiant but that's expected and normal for any coach. I thought Bruins offense had lots of speed and played well. The problem for Boston was Chara and co. They couldn't handle Hawks forwards. And to think the Toews-Kane combo still wasn't at their best last night. Crawford has to watch that glove. I'm thrilled to get a split in Boston.

The defense got schooled, no doubt, but I think the forwards were equally bad with back checking. I forget who scored, but one goal resulted from a pass just to Crawford's right to center ice. The goal scorer just marched right in on Rask. The forwards can't allow that type of space.

Yes, but when the Hawks lost game 3, there wasn't any talk of an off-night. The series was going to be over in 5 games.

I'm worried about it being over in 6 if the Bruins don't do something to slow the pace back down.

I'm worried about it being over in 6 if the Bruins don't do something to slow the pace back down.

Yes, Bruins only had 10 more hits than the Hawks, which is just fine with us. B's will have to increase the advantage in that department in the next game. Also, I am reminded of Chara's statement after the New York series, when he said he was really glad to get some rest. And that match-up only went 5 games. He looked slow and tired yesterday and he's about to see a lot more of Kane, believe me.

Yes, Bruins only had 10 more hits than the Hawks, which is just fine with us. B's will have to increase the advantage in that department in the next game. Also, I am reminded of Chara's statement after the New York series, when he said he was really glad to get some rest. And that match-up only went 5 games. He looked slow and tired yesterday and he's about to see a lot more of Kane, believe me.

He's purportedly a workout animal, so I don't if it was so much he was tired as that the Hawks were just able to get a good head of steam up before crossing the blue line a lot last night. Tough to deal with those guys when they've go so much room to move.

I'd like to see Kane make Lucic's acquaintance a little more frequently in the early goings. The Bruins are never going to win a shootout with these guys.

He's purportedly a workout animal, so I don't if it was so much he was tired as that the Hawks were just able to get a good head of steam up before crossing the blue line a lot last night. Tough to deal with those guys when they've go so much room to move.

I'd like to see Kane make Lucic's acquaintance a little more frequently in the early goings. The Bruins are never going to win a shootout with these guys.

I have noticed that Kane is playing smart by trying not to put himself in a position where he can be hurt. He seems to always be aware of his surroundings. You'd think it would be easy to eliminate a small guy like him and yet...As to Chara, tired or not, he looks as if he has major problems with speedsters on the other team. That is why I'm comfortable seeing Kane going up against him.

;)

I don't think the Bruins played poorly yesterday. They earned a lot of my respect yesterday.

I have noticed that Kane is playing smart by trying not to put himself in a position where he can be hurt. He seems to always be aware of his surroundings. You'd think it would be easy to eliminate a small guy like him and yet...As to Chara, tired or not, he looks as if he has major problems with speedsters on the other team. That is why I'm comfortable seeing Kane going up against him.

Kane doesn't get nailed very often. I guess you can't hit what you can't catch.

For a little guy, Kane has remained very healthy. I can't think of a time where he's missed a period of games. Toews and Hossa on the other hand. :o

• Like 1

Kane doesn't get nailed very often. I guess you can't hit what you can't catch.

For a little guy, Kane has remained very healthy. I can't think of a time where he's missed a period of games. Toews and Hossa on the other hand. :o

Exactly. I keep waiting for a Torres or a Brown to put him in the hospital and it never happens.

;)

I don't think the Bruins played poorly yesterday. They earned a lot of my respect yesterday.

The Hawks forced them into a type of game that doesn't suit them. That type of track meet isn't how they beat teams, particularly if said team is like the Hawks. Games 2 and 3 are textbook examples of how they grind teams down and win low scoring affairs.