NHL IS BACK: 2013 NHL Season

Cygnus 2112

That didn't take long. :sigh: Kings 1 Hawks 0

What a stinker of a game. :facepalm: Kings 2 Hawks 0

B :madra: I :madra: C :madra: K :madra: E :madra: L :madra: L :banana: Kings 2 Hawks 1

3-1 the final. Too bad we finally decided to play hockey in the third. Good to see Sharp and Hjalmarsson avoid injuries. Those were close calls.

Ok BlackhawkRush - What's your gut feeling on Keith's face hack on Jeff Carter? I personally hope it doesn't amount to much. Maybe a fine, but a suspension would be a sad blow to this series. I don't want it to be decided on a great player being ousted but you can never tell with Shanahan.

Keith should get at least one game, even if it was unintentional. You can't swing your stick like that just because Carter is an asshole (taking the stick away from Duncan, crosschecking him in the back and then poking Keith's stick away as he's trying to pick it up) Btw, welcome back, Walkom. :moon:

Tough to see that happening. I think its more likely that they win game 4, which i would still view as problematic. At the risk of being Captain Obvious, the Bruins need to choke the life out of Pittsburgh now, before they wake up.

The Pingus are trying too hard to out hit and "out tough" the Bruins. The result is plays like Marchand's first goal, where no one was back when Crosby whiffed on the bouncing puck.

A couple of weeks removed from the Leafs series, and Claude Julien is apparently a genius again, judging from the calls to sports talk radio.

After the game last night, Jagr threw on a weighted vest and got a workout in. Take note Messrs. Krug, Seguin, Hamilton, Bartkowski, Marchand, etc.

One thing that the 2010-2011 team and this team has done to Boston that I absolutely love: the Red Sox just took 2 out of 3 from the Yankees, in NY, are in first place, and NO ONE is talking about it.

blah, blah, blah....your skaters are going down!! :LOL:

Yeah. I can see why you'd be so confident. :P

The Kings brought their 'A' Game last night and only won by a goal and an empty netter...:eh:

I think it's ultimately going to be a rough ride for the Kings. Especially of Kaner and Captain Serious get out of their malaise. :madra:

http://ow.ly/i/2hsfC

New Stars unis.

Well...um...it's not the worst Stars jersey in recent memory...

The ones with the bull constellation were the worst ones in pro sports history.

I couldn't hang after the first overtime....believe it or not!

Tremendous defense, checking and hustle from all the lines have all put the Pens on the brink of series defeat.

WAY TO GO BRUINS.

peace

Bylsma sounded like it was the end of the series last night in his post game interview.

If I were the Pingus, I'd be slightly concerned. They've put something like 110 shots on Rask so far. They played great last night. The refs have not been screwing them calls, to say the least.

Over at Fenway Park, Shane Victorino still can't go for the Sox, because he's only 80%. I wonder if Gregory Campbell felt like he was 80% last night during his last PK.

One game for Duncan Keith. Given that he's a repeat offender and caused an injury on a non-hockey play, he arguably got off pretty light. If Raffi Torres had done what Keith did, Shanny would've had him hanged, drawn, and quartered.

In both cases, Keith was baited by some nasty behavior coming from the victims. Assholes like Torres start things and end them at the same time.

• Like 1

B :madra: I :madra: C :madra: K :madra: E :madra: L :madra: L :banana: Kings 2 Hawks 1

3-1 the final. Too bad we finally decided to play hockey in the third. Good to see Sharp and Hjalmarsson avoid injuries. Those were close calls.

Ok BlackhawkRush - What's your gut feeling on Keith's face hack on Jeff Carter? I personally hope it doesn't amount to much. Maybe a fine, but a suspension would be a sad blow to this series. I don't want it to be decided on a great player being ousted but you can never tell with Shanahan.

Keith should get at least one game, even if it was unintentional. You can't swing your stick like that just because Carter is an asshole (taking the stick away from Duncan, crosschecking him in the back and then poking Keith's stick away as he's trying to pick it up) Btw, welcome back, Walkom. :moon:

:moon:

I'm glad he only got one game - tonight is the series - If the Hawks win it's over -

:D

I'm glad he only got one game - tonight is the series - If the Hawks win it's over -

I don't ever want to see the Hawks come out the way they did on Tuesday. They looked like they should play in the Hungarian second division. You can't start playing desperate hockey only when you're behind. These are the semi-finals! :rage:

I don't ever want to see the Hawks come out the way they did on Tuesday. They looked like they should play in the Hungarian second division. You can't start playing desperate hockey only when you're behind. These are the semi-finals! :rage:

you mean the way the Kings played game 2? :banghead:

One game for Duncan Keith. Given that he's a repeat offender and caused an injury on a non-hockey play, he arguably got off pretty light. If Raffi Torres had done what Keith did, Shanny would've had him hanged, drawn, and quartered.

In both cases, Keith was baited by some nasty behavior coming from the victims. Assholes like Torres start things and end them at the same time.

Doesn't change the potential for injury. I didn't think Keith was a dirty player when the Sedin hit happened, but now this is like the third or fourth time he's done something really dangerous in retaliation. He has to clean up his act.
  • Like 1

Doesn't change the potential for injury. I didn't think Keith was a dirty player when the Sedin hit happened, but now this is like the third or fourth time he's done something really dangerous in retaliation. He has to clean up his act.

I think a lot of times Keith feels frustrated when some forwards get the best of him and I don't mean just with the crap stuff. I see him bounce off of opposing players, looking helpless, unable to engage them physically. The Norris Trophy days are over. Some would say they never began. And when the day comes when his speed starts to fail him, it will be a sorry sight. Also, I can't believe some of the experts yesterday predicting only a fine for Dunks. It would give a free hand for anyone to do what he did.