So.............. how was Vegas last night??

Thunder Bay Rush

Inquiring minds want to know... how was the Rush show in the famous city with all the slot machines, poker tables and great music venues? Oh, and hot chicks...

They played Limelight and Manhattan Project. Not knowing the setlist beforehand made for a really intriguing and odd show for me this time around. Although I was kind of annoyed after I found out that I missed out on Middletown Dreams. Crowd on the floor seemed really into everything but not the people where I was sitting (upper side).

I was expecting something really big after the main CA string section, or at least a well know hit after all those new songs. Manhattan Project and Red Sector A didn't really cut it. Jacob's Ladder or Xanadu would have really went well with the strings. Seems like they really blew the potential for the strings although it was still an intruguing show and I would see it again if I could afford it. The lighting in particular was fantastic. Edited by savagegrace26

I didn't think the crowd, or at the least my section was that into it. Mostly everyone sat down by analog kid, leading to some very awkward situation, but nonetheless great show and a good setlist. 2112 as a closer should always be the case. I think Red sector a felt kind of weak, losing it would have been a better, more justifiable song. I'll be back for next years tour. Great fun, incredible seats, great venue led to a fun night.

I didn't think the crowd, or at the least my section was that into it. Mostly everyone sat down by analog kid, leading to some very awkward situation, but nonetheless great show and a good setlist. 2112 as a closer should always be the case. I think Red sector a felt kind of weak, losing it would have been a better, more justifiable song. I'll be back for next years tour. Great fun, incredible seats, great venue led to a fun night.

Well at least you can say you've seen these songs live!

:rush: :haz: :rush:

Well at least you can say you've seen these songs live!

:rush: :haz: :rush:

true, but I much rather would've wanted to hear Body Electric over Limelight, but I can't complain, I heard Manhatten Project live, even if it seemed I was the only one going crazy :P Analog Kid and Grand Designs were some of the highlights along with 2112, Clockwork Angels, HF, bravado, and the new bass effect on Caravan really came through.

I to would like to know. Particularly if they played The Body Electric or Manhatten Project. Trying to figure out which one we'll get in Dallas on Wednesday.

Here is a link to a site that gives the set list for every concert, including last night's in Vegas!

http://www.setlist.f...arch?query=rush

Cool, we get set A for Dallas! SWEEET!!!

the show was fantastic. better than the LA show and I was much further back. The band had alot of energy, Ged's vocals were spot on and it sounded great. The crowd was going nuts when they play the "hits" near the end. The only change to the set (A) was they swapped out Body Electric for Limelight.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c33.0.200.200/p200x200/148185_4987940666073_5136586_n.jpg http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c33.0.200.200/p200x200/556321_4987940906079_468715528_n.jpg

Edited by Rushman14

I saw them on October 14 in Toronto, and again in Vegas last night. In my opinion, the gigs couldn't be compared.

Vegas sounded infinitely better.. strings were clear, I could hear all of Neil's work, and the mix was perfect. The Toronto show was an audio mess from what I could tell. Additionally, the band seemed to really be into the Vegas gig, vs the Toronto gig.

Even though the setlist doesn't really do it for me, last nights show was amazing. I have a feeling they'll wish they'd have filmed the Vegas show....

Someone told me that the MGM arena was modeled after Madison Square Garden and was supposed to have excellent sound. We saw the Eagles there last year and the sound was pretty good. I think the two bands played there about a week apart. If I could afford it, I would have gone there and stayed for both.

Someone told me that the MGM arena was modeled after Madison Square Garden and was supposed to have excellent sound. We saw the Eagles there last year and the sound was pretty good. I think the two bands played there about a week apart. If I could afford it, I would have gone there and stayed for both.

I went to the show with a buddy of mine from Vegas. He mentioned that the first artist to perform at MGM was Streisand, and that the arena sound was designed to be top notch. I can tell you the sound at MGM absolutely blows the ACC in Toronto right out of the water.

Absolutely briiliant!. Been a fan since early 1980 (bought Permanent Waves on day of release together with Hemispheres).

This was my first Rush concert. The venue was superb, the sound was great, lighting spectacular.

Good point about the carpeted floor, think that does make a huge difference. The crowd were really into it, so much air drumming and air guitar that was an experience in itself to be part of. 3 hours less a 10 minute inttermission between sets. The guys seemed to be really enjoying themselves. I'm a part time drummer and to see Neal playing this stuff live was unbelievable, just stunning.

From the opening of Subdivisions through to the closing of 2112 I was in awe. The strings on the Clockwork Angels songs, Manhattan Project, Red Sector A and YYZ were really well done).

A 10/10 concert, almost 33 years since I first saw 2 of their videos on our local TV Music show... unbelievable, best concert experience of my life.

Vegas was great ! I was expecting the worst from an old facility and such however the opposite happened. Yes this place is old and not exactly fancy but its pretty small with all things considered. Its a deep bowl and the sound was great. It was a bit muddy at first but the sound team cleaned it up during the first set. With that being said I didnt really hear the string section at all since we were near the back of the stadium. The guys were really into this show ! Nice and tight, comparing this to the first show @ Redrocks/2010 was no contest, they looked so ready to be done at that gig and the show itself had lots of issues. Kinda wish I had spent a couple more bucks to get closer to the stage this time out, but it still was great from our distant seats. The lighting was fantastic...

Most of the songs worked for me in this somewhat interesting set list, I still dont think Red Sector A translates well live and I wish at some point that they dump it.. So much other great material to play instead. Just saying.

Cheers-

Absolutely briiliant!. Been a fan since early 1980 (bought Permanent Waves on day of release together with Hemispheres).

This was my first Rush concert. The venue was superb, the sound was great, lighting spectacular.

Good point about the carpeted floor, think that does make a huge difference. The crowd were really into it, so much air drumming and air guitar that was an experience in itself to be part of. 3 hours less a 10 minute inttermission between sets. The guys seemed to be really enjoying themselves. I'm a part time drummer and to see Neal playing this stuff live was unbelievable, just stunning.

From the opening of Subdivisions through to the closing of 2112 I was in awe. The strings on the Clockwork Angels songs, Manhattan Project, Red Sector A and YYZ were really well done).

A 10/10 concert, almost 33 years since I first saw 2 of their videos on our local TV Music show... unbelievable, best concert experience of my life.

you've been a fan since 1980 and this was your first Rush concert? How can this be?

Amazing show as always. Lots of energy. It was not a good show for the casual Rush fan with all of the deeper cuts and almost the entire first album but the people sitting around us really seemed into it. I avoided the set list until the show but I'm pretty bummed now to hear that they played Limelight in lieu of The Body Electric. That would have been a great song to hear live.

I thought the sound was pretty thin with a bunch of highs and mids but almost no low end at all. We were sitting all the way in the back behind the sound board - Geddy side so it must have been our seats judging from the other opinions of the sound in this thread.

Edited by rushfanNlv

you've been a fan since 1980 and this was your first Rush concert? How can this be?

I would say I've also been a fan for about the same time, with Permanent Waves being my first purchase too. The first time I saw them was last year at Ridgefield. Just busy with family, business etc.

I was in San Diego in about 1982 and they were playing there, but there were no good seats left, plus I was a little aprehensive, being a teen who just got a driver's license....I know, should have gone anyway!

Amazing show as always. Lots of energy. It was not a good show for the casual Rush fan with all of the deeper cuts and almost the entire first album but the people sitting around us really seemed into it. I avoided the set list until the show but I'm pretty bummed now to hear that they played Limelight in lieu of The Body Electric. That would have been a great song to hear live.

I thought the sound was pretty thin with a bunch of highs and mids but almost no low end at all. We were sitting all the way in the back behind the sound board - Geddy side so it must have been our seats judging from the other opinions of the sound in this thread.

whoa they played the entire first album? I totally missed that :P

These reviews have given me a lot of perspective. I was prepared to give a, "good not great" review. I'm a veteran of Red Rocks shows so it seemed a little sterile. Geddy in particular seemed a little disinterested especially during the first set. Kinda going through the motions. The second set was intense and the crowd was totally engaged in the new material. The strings were incredible! So much energy.

As always, the light show was perfect. The 'raining' blue light during The Wreckers made me cry-- seriously!

I would love to see this exact show on home turf. The setlist is brilliant and the boys sound great-- just a little bored at times.

It's a long way from New Zealand and a combination of family, work, finances have meant until this year I have not been in a position to afford to go (I realised many years ago Rush would never get to our part of the world and accepted that I turn 50 next year and my wife realised that both me and the Rush boys were not getting any younger, so organised a one off experience of a lifetime... Rush Live in Las Vegas, 10 rows in front of the soundboard dead center. An early 50th / Xmas gift. Something that I'd really appreciate.

Unfortunately we could only afford for me to go, but given my love for the band and their latest album I was so grateful and appreciative. A once in a lifetime experience and with the equally passionate Rush fans I met at the show, something I will never forget.