Heart

D-13

http://www.sovereignartists.com/heart/heart-art/heart-fullband-02c.jpg

One of my most favourite bands for me is Heart. I think because there are two women fronting the group, certainly adds a novelty to it. Nancy Wilson is one freaking guitar player! She's soo fast!...Ever listen to the beginning of "Crazy On You"? If not please do. Ann Wilson has such an amazing voice!! I myself am not a singer laugh.gif but I can see where she definately adds that *something* that makes Heart complete. Anyone else like em'?

heart.gif rocks!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked heart own four of there recordings-Little Queen, Bebe Le Strange,Private Audition,Greatest Hits live. A few things about heart I like them but always thought they couldhave,should havebeen better. They never seemed comfortable in what there identity was,that signature sound that you knew it was heart! Yes bands have to change and grow or else become stale but heart for me became that way because they would change direction to much like from album to album. They would make great hard edge ZEPP like grooves then next album pop sappy top 40 . Sometimes all on the same record good example is Private Audition hard rockin numbers like City's Burning and the very RUSH sounding The Situation but also on it the lame and hokey This Man is Mine. I just wish they would've stayed with the harder sounding stuff and gradually moved in other directions. One last thing that sucks on Greatest Hits live cd (upgraded from vinyl) the last three songs deleted -I'M DOWN/LONG TALL SALLY, And a kickass rendition of LED ZEPP ROCK AND ROLL(The way heart should have been!)

Huge Heart fan. I've been in love with Nancy Wilson since I'm 9. laugh.gif

And I can listen to Ann sing all day - although I find her completely weird when she's talking to the crowd on stage.

An awesome band, who have earned their place in rock history.

Heart was one of my favorite bands. I still love them.

I remember listening to Dreamboat Annie and Dog and Butterfly! Such great lyrics. Now I have to listen to them. Too bad I can't yet, because I'm at work sad.gif

QUOTE (Daylin @ Jun 23 2005, 12:33 PM)
Heart was one of my favorite bands. I still love them.

I remember listening to Dreamboat Annie and Dog and Butterfly! Such great lyrics. Now I have to listen to them. Too bad I can't yet, because I'm at work sad.gif

Sorry Daylin - I JUST listened to both of those songs - because of this thread. Aren't they great tunes??

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jun 23 2005, 11:43 AM)
Heart was one of my favorite bands.  I still love them.

I remember listening to Dreamboat Annie and Dog and Butterfly!  Such great lyrics.  Now I have to listen to them.  Too bad I can't yet, because I'm at work sad.gif

Sorry Daylin - I JUST listened to both of those songs - because of this thread. Aren't they great tunes??

Don't be sorry my friend tongue.gif I'm glad you got to listen to them.

Pretty soon I will too laugh.gif

This is for you Pags trink39.gif

Edited because I forgot to add this:

Yes, they are great tunes biggrin.gif

Edited by Daylin

QUOTE (Daylin @ Jun 23 2005, 03:50 PM)

I remember listening to Dreamboat Annie and Dog and Butterfly!  Such great lyrics.  Now I have to listen to them.  Too bad I can't yet, because I'm at work sad.gif

trink39.gif

Cool! A lot of Heart fans!! I wish they would go on tour again!

Fav songs are Break, Strange Night, Magic Man, Dreamboat Annie, (Love Me Like Music) I'll Be Your Song, Crazy On You, Dog and Butterfly, Mistral Wind, Devil Delight, well anything from the greatest hits CD (1998) of course Dreamboat Annie and their newest album are outstanding.

I remember seeing Heart back in 1982 when they suppoerted Queen and being totally blown away by them. At the time, they weren't particularly well known in the UK - that didn't really happen until later in the '80s when Heart and Bad Animals came out. Sadly, neither of these two really moved me (except for Alone which I think is a great song).

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jun 23 2005, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (Daylin @ Jun 23 2005, 03:50 PM)

trink39.gif

bekloppt.gif Pags bekloppt.gif

I listened to both numerous times last night laugh.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jun 24 2005, 11:05 AM)
Has anyone else noticed that Cassandra in Wayne's World sounds a lot like Heart's singer?

yes.gif often thought about that!!

OH MY GOD....

I just downloaded a live Video Version of "Crazy On You" from the hub....

Nancy is like....my freaking hero!!!!! I was trying to play Silver Wheels (live version-intro to Crazy On You) on the guitar today and man she is a genius. To think that up then play it. THEN rock into Crazy On You! Amazing! Did you know she did the solo of "Even It up"? Does anyone have any of their DVD'S?

Yesterday I bought Nancy's Instructional Video and 2 Heart books. So that will be interesting when they arrive here....sooo stoked! biggrin.gif