Can't describe how much I love RUSH

No1RushFan

2.gif

Am sitting here watching the Time Machine DVD and they're playing Free Will ... and the tears just stream down my face.

Was at the Philly show on Friday, Front and Center, and during THE GARDEN, again, the tears just stream.

WTF.

I'm 50 years old.

Does this happen to anyone else here?

2.gif

At the Indy show, at the end of the second verse of Subdivisions(on lighted streets on a quiet night) I had tears in my eyes. The thrill of seeing my favorite band for the umpteenth time overcame me with joy. My wife told me she had never seen me look as happy as I did at that time except for when our son was born. I guess you could say I was pretty damned happy.

By the way, i'm 45 yrs old and don't care who hears me say the above!

I'm going to loose it when I finally get to see Rush live in Anaheim.

If they play The Pass - god help me I'll be a mess lol.

For me Freewill takes me back to my teenage years - heard Freewill and my head exploded with 'holy moly what the hell just hit me?!!".

QUOTE (No1RushFan @ Oct 17 2012, 12:10 PM)
2.gif

Am sitting here watching the Time Machine DVD and they're playing Free Will ... and the tears just stream down my face.

Was at the Philly show on Friday, Front and Center, and during THE GARDEN, again, the tears just stream.

WTF.
I'm 50 years old.

Does this happen to anyone else here?

2.gif

Let that emotion pour forth Number 1 1022.gif Not quite streaming yet but I've had a reaction or two, sure cat.gif

Wow, I don't feel so wierd now.

Everytime I see them live it happens.

Choked up, tears, an overflowing feeling of joy that they really exist. And that I'm standing there again, privileged enough to see them.

Don't worry about the tears. It is healthy. After Kurt cobain killed himself and there were a couple of suicides as a result, one of the cable news stations had a (hot) psychologist discussing how people get so connected to a band. For whatever reason, they are like family to you. Be happy they only make you cry.

But I am worried about the professornutbudder there. Rush second best to his kid being born? My suggestion is tell the wife she was wrong, you were happier than both the kid and seeing Rush when you met her for the first time. Okay, so maybe seeing Rush is better but we won't tell anyone if you don't. wink.gif

Edited by jjgittes

Their music really hits me where I live and has helped me through so many aspects of my life. Why do get the feeling that this conversation is not occurring on an Anthrax or Megadeath forum? Edited by ReGorLaTroy

Rush has been in my cd player both at home and in my car for probably 99% of the time for years. The other 1% is divided between Savatage, Black Sabbath, and Iron Maiden.

I've been having some health problems lately, and going through a plethera of doctors appointments, Neurologist appointments, CatScans, and MRI's. I always play Rush, loudly, on the way to the appointments. I don;t know what it is, but their music gives me a calming feeling. I've really been getting into 'A Show of Hands', 'Clockwork Angels', and recently re-discovered 'Hemispheres', which is utterly brilliant, in my opinion.

I'll be at the Cleveland show. I can't wait. I'm taking my girlfriend, who really isn't a Rush fan, but I want her to see them live.

It is difficult to put into words how much I love Rush, how much we all love Rush. I get choked up when they play too. The Garden has still not lost its lustre and I still cry when I hear it. I think that it is the most beautiful thing that I have ever heard them do.

I've been thinking about the words "our band" - thanks Lerxt1990. I feel warm and happy when I think about those words. It is our band. The work of these three men have shaped all of our lives. I am grateful to be connected with our music and connected with all of you too.

CE24, I know you're going to love the show! And, I hope your health stuff comes out okay. Thanks for the thread. smile.gif heart.gif

heart.gif 2.gif heart.gif

1022.gif

<edit cleaned up typos, fix my grammar, unjumble my thoughts>

Edited by CygnusGal

Right there with ya. This trio of musicians, this band... OUR band.... they are amazing. The music comes from such a pure place, created in a crucible of honesty, integrity, friendship... it carries these qualities and we respond to it. When we see them perform it live, it's almost like a communion of sorts. Music itself is deeply spiritual so it's no surprise that sharing it with groups of other people who feel the same moves us so much.

And, yeah, I lost it a few times. Bravado and The Garden in particular did me in. wub.gif

QUOTE (jjgittes @ Oct 17 2012, 06:42 PM)
Don't worry about the tears. It is healthy. After Kurt cobain killed himself and there were a couple of suicides as a result, one of the cable news stations had a (hot) psychologist discussing how people get so connected to a band. For whatever reason, they are like family to you. Be happy they only make you cry.

But I am worried about the professornutbudder there. Rush second best to his kid being born? My suggestion is tell the wife she was wrong, you were happier than both the kid and seeing Rush when you met her for the first time. Okay, so maybe seeing Rush is better but we won't tell anyone if you don't. wink.gif

Ha! Just told my wife what you said. Her reply; "I know where I stand. I'm glad they make you happy. But you guys(us on this forum) are weird!"

See, she understands perfectly!

2.gif

Glad I am not the only one.

Just got back from seeing them in Montreal, 11th Row. (A little tough after Front Row in Philly), but I got to hear 2 of my faves, which they did not play in Philly: 7COG and Manhattan Project.

Had my 10 yo old daughter with me, and from time to time, I would look over at her standing on her chair. She was doe-eyed, almost in disbelief at what she was seeing.

Can't say she's got it, but she's getting it.

2.gif