Led Zeppelin: 'Celebration Day'

Gompers

Led Zeppelin to Release 'Celebration Day' in Six Different Formats

QUOTE Prior to this morning's press conference to discuss the 'Celebration Day' DVD release, the remaining members of Led Zeppelin revealed the legendary 2007 London show will be released in six different formats. Depending on your budget and how you hope to re-live the concert, there is something for everyone.

The standard edition is a one DVD or Blu-ray and two CD set, but the deluxe edition includes bonus video from rehearsals and news footage from the BBC. There is also a music-only CD set and a music-only Blu-ray that features high-resolution HD sound but no video.

Fans of vinyl can also purchase the 16-song set on three LPs, and the whole thing can also be downloaded at digital retailers.

The package is available for pre-order today, and will be released in all its configurations on Nov. 19. In addition, Omniverse Vision has arranged a theatrical screening of the concert for Oct. 17 on 1,500 movie screens in 40 cities worldwide. Tickets and details about those screenings are available at LedZeppelin.com.

The December 2007 concert was Led Zeppelin's first full-scale reunion (of surviving members) in 27 years. The 16 songs performed were essentially a greatest hits package including hits Robert Plant and Jimmy Page refused to play during their tours in their Plant/Page tours.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Oct 10 2012, 10:54 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 10 2012, 05:50 PM)
I might think about the CD...

smile.gif

Me too.

And me. But I can't figure out why it's a reunion if it was in 2007...

The show was in 2007, but Robert Plant was not very interesting in listening to the tapes or looking at the footage. After a while he saw it and pronounced it worthy of release. At the time it was well known about, but it has been forgotten for a while.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Oct 11 2012, 09:10 PM)
The show was in 2007, but Robert Plant was not very interesting in listening to the tapes or looking at the footage. After a while he saw it and pronounced it worthy of release. At the time it was well known about, but it has been forgotten for a while.

Gotcha. Thanks. smile.gif

bumper.gif

Saw this at the movies last night. Wow. As if there was any doubt of buying it before hand, after seeing it on the big screen, I DEFINITELY have to get it now. What an incredible show from top to bottom.

Kashmir literally took me to another dimension, and no I was not on any mind-altering substances for that to happen. laugh.gif Nobody's Fault But Mine was also a big highlight for me, with John Paul Jones busting out a 10-STRING bass for the song.

Once the concert was over and the credits were rolling, one of the most unique experiences I've ever had took place. The crowd in the theatre just sort of sat there silent, almost dumbfounded at what they just witnessed. Then little by little the applause slowly got louder and louder. It's rare I've seen/heard anyone clap at a movie theatre. Led Zeppelin definitely deserved it that's for sure!

Incredible show, a definite must buy!!! 1022.gif

Saw this in the theater last night with some buds - we all enjoyed it. Pretty well filmed (though there are some periods of rapid fire edits...) The sound was not stellar in the theater (bass drum lacked punch, the bass was also light in the mix...) I suspect some EQ at home could remedy.

The setlist was great - Kashmir was great, Nobody's fault rocked and I was happy that they finally did For Your Life (well, did it in 2007...)

Jason Bonham was GREAT and from this drummer's perspective, while he did not try to play every note that his father did (Bonzo embellished his parts all the time anyway), Jason did approach the drums exactly as his father would have - completely fearless! I would say he more closely represented the spirit of his father on the drums than any other attempt I have seen.

Thanks for posting reviews for those who saw it in the theater. I thought about going, but had other commitments.

I thought I would definately get the DVD, but a realize that many of my music DVDs have only been watched a handfull of times. So, I will probably rent it on Netflix. If it turns out great, I will then buy it.

QUOTE (bigman208 @ Oct 18 2012, 09:51 AM)
bumper.gif

Saw this at the movies last night. Wow. As if there was any doubt of buying it before hand, after seeing it on the big screen, I DEFINITELY have to get it now. What an incredible show from top to bottom.

Kashmir literally took me to another dimension, and no I was not on any mind-altering substances for that to happen. laugh.gif Nobody's Fault But Mine was also a big highlight for me, with John Paul Jones busting out a 10-STRING bass for the song.

Once the concert was over and the credits were rolling, one of the most unique experiences I've ever had took place. The crowd in the theatre just sort of sat there silent, almost dumbfounded at what they just witnessed. Then little by little the applause slowly got louder and louder. It's rare I've seen/heard anyone clap at a movie theatre. Led Zeppelin definitely deserved it that's for sure!

Incredible show, a definite must buy!!! 1022.gif

Thanks for the review...

...can't wait for the CD/DVD release!!!

Celebration Day (Zep) was pretty incredible. Loved hearing gems like In My Time Of Dying. And the never-before-played For Your Life alone makes it worth it. The smiles coming from those four guys was a wonderful thing to see. Jason played his heart out for his dad...and the original three clearly -- honestly -- had a blast. You could read it in their expressions. Led Zeppelin...as we've come to miss them since 1980.