Let the fans decide a song in the setlist

LeaveMyThingAlone

I can't think of who they are, but I know some bands have let their fans pick a song or 2 for the setlist via the Internet

Now that Rush is officially going back and forth on what they're playing from CA, why not set up something on www.rush.com where each city on the tour can make 1 decision? Since the songs they are interchanging are Seven Cities, Wish them Well, and Carnies, throw BU2B in there and let the fans pick which song they want to hear. I think it would be fun and would force more people going to the show to buy the songs and/or album. When you vote, you have to enter your seat number or something so there's no duplicate voting

I don't think they would do this ever only because there is a significant chance the audience may choose a song they hate to play and they might choose it every night lol.

Maybe if they gave us their pre chosen choices to choose from.

You know kind of like voting for politicians! lol laugh.gif

The Rolling Stones did this on one of their tours, I think it was back in '97 and '98. There would be a list of like ten songs put up on their web page before each show and the fans going to the concert would be able to vote for the song on the list they wanted to hear most that night. They would have a spot in the show where Mick would mention it and they showed the results on the screen they had on stage. The song lists weren't always the same, they would mix up the choices all the time. I don't know of any other bands who have done that.

It would work out OK as long as Rush picked songs they were comfortable performing. Therefore, there wouldn't be much 70s material to choose from most likely. Obiviously, they would have to be songs Rush has at least rehearsed recently to, that way they remember what to play. The Stones don't have musically complicated songs like Rush does, so it was probably easier for them to do a random song every night and it wouldn't sound too off at all.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 19 2012, 11:16 PM)
I can't think of who they are, but I know some bands have let their fans pick a song or 2 for the setlist via the Internet

Now that Rush is officially going back and forth on what they're playing from CA, why not set up something on www.rush.com where each city on the tour can make 1 decision? Since the songs they are interchanging are Seven Cities, Wish them Well, and Carnies, throw BU2B in there and let the fans pick which song they want to hear. I think it would be fun and would force more people going to the show to buy the songs and/or album. When you vote, you have to enter your seat number or something so there's no duplicate voting

Ed Hunter tour by Iron Maiden was actually fully choosen by fans

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 21 2012, 04:58 PM)
No, because then Anonymous would flood the submissions with votes for Dog Years, Rivendell, Tai Shan, You Bet Your Life, Superconductor and Virtuality.

I'd still love the show laugh.gif

I'd be in the crowd pumping my fists "DOOOOOOGGGG YEARSSSSSS!"

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Sep 21 2012, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 21 2012, 04:58 PM)
No, because then Anonymous would flood the submissions with votes for Dog Years, Rivendell, Tai Shan, You Bet Your Life, Superconductor and Virtuality.

I'd still love the show laugh.gif

I'd be in the crowd pumping my fists "DOOOOOOGGGG YEARSSSSSS!"

"For every sad sooooon of a biiitch!" 1022.gif

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 21 2012, 03:58 PM)

Carve Away The Stone, Neurotica. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 20 2012, 11:20 AM)
The Rolling Stones did this on one of their tours, I think it was back in '97 and '98. There would be a list of like ten songs put up on their web page before each show and the fans going to the concert would be able to vote for the song on the list they wanted to hear most that night. They would have a spot in the show where Mick would mention it and they showed the results on the screen they had on stage. The song lists weren't always the same, they would mix up the choices all the time. I don't know of any other bands who have done that.

I attended that tour (Bridges to Babylon), and we got "Love In Vain" as a result in Toronto. It is a cool idea for sure!