Great Show In Chicago!

Big Fan 2112

Geddys voice sounded great, they threw in Spirit of radio, All of CA was the highlight for me...... except maybe closing with 2112! AND the Mrs & I were able to upgrade right before the show to 5th row!!!!

What was every one elses highlight??

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m604/EdDeV77/RU-70.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m604/EdDeV77/RU-50.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m604/EdDeV77/RU-27.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m604/EdDeV77/RU-3.jpg

Edited by Big Fan 2112

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The show was fantastic. 5th show for me. I was on the floor. I happened to notice a few things tonight.

1.) saw an older gentleman, probably 50's maybe 60's very well dressed, businessman type. He was straight up getting down to some Rush. Like, almost down on his knees jamming out.

2.) Noticed a rather sexy younger woman dancing to Where's My Thing like it was pole dance song. Hilarious, and I had the weirdest boner. Jk.

3.) Although I will yell and shout for nearly anything Rush plays, I could sense a bit of restlessness from the crowd around song 5 of CA material. It might have just been the section I was in, but People seemed to be "running errands" left and right during the wreckers. I understand it's not a hit, but come on people, you paid all this money, I wouldn't want to miss a second of Rush on stage.

4.) Neil was tossing and catching sticks like it was going out of style. (it never gets old.)

5.) Alex's solo on analog kid gave me chills. Best moment of the show by far.

6.) Strings were a very nice touch to the CA material. In fact, I don't think those songs would've sounded nearly as strong live without them.

Overall had a blast. Can't wait until the next tour, although hopefully it won't be at the United Center. The acoustics of that place are terrible. Especially with all the intricacies of Rush's music.

Looks like it was an awesome show! Glad everyone had fun...but how could you not. It's Rush! 1022.gif

It is good to hear they are keeping it loose with the set list. Alex said they were going to and it sounds like they are.

Thanks for the reviews, everyone! smile.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 16 2012, 05:52 AM)
Is that screen in front of Geddy the LYRICS? ohmy.gif

He had two of them in Manchester - one he could see from the keyboards and one from his mic stand. Alex has one as well. yes.gif

The computer screens could be for just about anything, from the lyrics (not likely though) to cues and tips about certain things... computers are everywhere these days and I would imagine would be very useful to a rock band especially one with complex music.

Jordan Ruddess, Dream Theater keyboard player uses one for many things.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 16 2012, 04:52 AM)

Yes that screen had the lyrics. I was sitting on the side of the stage looking across with my binochulars i could read the lyrics. Also had instructions of what was coming up, I saw Drum Solo on there at one point. Probably just letting Geddy know.

QUOTE (Thunder Bay Rush @ Sep 16 2012, 10:31 AM)
The computer screens could be for just about anything, from the lyrics (not likely though) to cues and tips about certain things... computers are everywhere these days and I would imagine would be very useful to a rock band especially one with complex music.

Jordan Ruddess, Dream Theater keyboard player uses one for many things.

Those are absolutely lyric monitors. They've been using them for a while now, as does just about every big act that tours. No secret there.

Glad you had a great time! YES, about the second set...very restless crowd during CA in Pittsburgh, too. Come ON people...maybe the REST of us want to see the stage without you walking past over and over and OVER again!

Great photos!!

This first picture is one of my favs. My 15 year old son took these. We had a great time!

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k433/dad2trips/fdfdba3002314451a6e6dc21981fe7c4.jpg

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k433/dad2trips/4f60f1250a550ec27fc39e3a607a4abd.jpg

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k433/dad2trips/1353d4329e06ce4fb14a4c2d51cfdb56.jpg

The guy in front of us said that he's seen 30 Rush shows, but he kept complaining about the CA/deep cuts and saying that he hoped they played Tom Sawyer soon.

This was my 2nd Rush show, and I didn't need to hear Tom Sawyer again.

Great show overall. I went with some friends who've never seen the boys before and I warned them before the show that they wouldn't be playing The Spirit of Radio. They seemed bummed but they eventually accepted it.

The moment when TSOR's opening guitar run kicked in was the most magical concert moment I've ever experienced.

There was a fun moment with Alex during the show. I forget which song it was. But Neil had thrown a drumstick in the air and missed the catch. It bounced off one of the cymbals (you could hear it) and landed at center stage. A few moments later, Alex, while jamming, picked up the stick and started playing the guitar with the drumstick. (nod to Jimmy Page or the string ensemble?) He used the stick for few seconds and then tossed it in to the crowd.

They were clearly having a lot of fun. Geddy was hopping all over the stage. Neil had a few smiles during the show. The string section was laughing and having fun all night. Great atmosphere.....

QUOTE (RASH 2112 @ Sep 16 2012, 10:37 PM)
There was a fun moment with Alex during the show.  I forget which song it was.  But Neil had thrown a drumstick in the air and missed the catch.  It bounced off one of the cymbals (you could hear it) and landed at center stage.  A few moments later, Alex, while jamming, picked up the stick and started playing the guitar with the drumstick. (nod to Jimmy Page or the string ensemble?)  He used the stick for few seconds and then tossed it in to the crowd.

They were clearly having a lot of fun.  Geddy was hopping all over the stage.  Neil had a few smiles during the show.  The string section was laughing and having fun all night.  Great atmosphere.....

They were definately having fun last night! When several team members of the Blackhawks came out during the mock fight with the gorilla, the place just erupted!! I'm not a fan, but that was so cool!!

I hope I didn't piss anyone off by blocking their view with my set of WI license plates. If so, sorry!!! I was having too much fun at the end of the show!! For reference, I was in Section 2, row 14...behind the loudest clapper on the planet!! angry.gif banghead.gif

Clapper Dude, if you read this, please just holler/yell for future shows..your clapping is rather annoying IMO!!!!!!!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

trink39.gif bekloppt.gif

cheer.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif

Edited by rushfanforever!

Yeah they've used those screens for many many tours, for lyrics and other notifications (and probably ball game score updates depending on the season. wink.gif)

It's not like Geddy has gone senile and doesn't know the words, it's just that he's up there concentrating on 50 million things at once and it's nice to have a "guide" to keep you in check.

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 16 2012, 05:01 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 16 2012, 05:52 AM)

He had two of them in Manchester - one he could see from the keyboards and one from his mic stand. Alex has one as well. yes.gif

They're called teleprompters - very popular among singers these days, especially for those with as many lyrics to remember as Geddy has.

Technology!

In the "old days" roadies used to write the lyrics on the back of speakers, monitors and on the floor. I guess computer screens save time, eh??

tongue.gif

I've mentioned this a few times in other threads, but in looking back at Saturday night, I just can't get out of my head how absolutely stunningly monstrously amazing Headlong Flight was in concert.

The band and strings played it with such tremendous ferocity, and when the band rejoined after Neil's brief solo...just wow. The crowd completely ate it up and rewarded the performance with what I think was the biggest response of the night.

Am I alone here??

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Sep 17 2012, 09:24 AM)
I've mentioned this a few times in other threads, but in looking back at Saturday night, I just can't get out of my head how absolutely stunningly monstrously amazing Headlong Flight was in concert.

The band and strings played it with such tremendous ferocity, and when the band rejoined after Neil's brief solo...just wow. The crowd completely ate it up and rewarded the performance with what I think was the biggest response of the night.

Am I alone here??

You are not alone Dudad. They gave a powerful performance of Headlong Flight without missing a beat! That song live really comes off like it's a 35 year old classic already. Loved it!!

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Sep 17 2012, 09:24 AM)

Am I alone here??

Heck of a great song! I agree it got one of the biggest hands of the night, and everytime Ged hit the high note in "all Againnnnnnnnnnnn" our section erupted. I remember the Anarchist getting a rousing round as well.