Halo Effect Would Fit Great On SnA.

presto123

First of all let me say I still love CA and think it's their best since the 80's. Awesome record but every time I listen I get the feeling that Halo Effect is like a fish out of water on this record. It just screams that it is a SnA leftover. This is sort of a retrospective record though so at least we got our dose of SnA. LOL Halo Effect is still my least fav on the record as I wasn't a big SnA fan. Edited by presto123

Halo Effect does have the mid tempo, folky feel to it that SnA had. But the song refers to being overly enamored with someone and putting them on a pedistal (remember that special untouchable girl we all had in our lives guys?). So the song fits within the story concept of CA.

I said it on her before and I'll say it again...I enjoy Halo Effect more than The Garden. Shorter, more concise and doesn't have the need to go over the top. Each to his own.

QUOTE (DistantEarlyRushFan @ Aug 26 2012, 05:22 PM)
QUOTE (NYM86 @ Aug 26 2012, 05:00 PM)
I can see it on S&A (for the reasons mmm donuts described) as well as T4E, as the guitar solo reminds of Half the World.

It's a mandolin solo

Okie doke.

QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Aug 26 2012, 06:11 PM)
Well, in this digital world you can drag and drop it onto any album you like.

That's true. If you hate the last ten years or so of Rush except for a few songs then you are a douche... er... no I mean you can just make a playlist of the songs you like. Yeah, that's what I meant.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Aug 27 2012, 02:34 PM)
I agree, but still think it fits very nicely on CA. It's a nice break from the harder, more complex songs on the album. Perfectly placed IMO.

This.

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Aug 27 2012, 08:34 AM)
It's a nice break from the harder, more complex songs on the album.  Perfectly placed IMO.

goodpost.gif

The only S&A similarity to me is the acoustic guitar. But it still has a little more drive to it than, say, Working Them Angels and feels more like a CA track.

And it is perfectly placed after five straight heavy songs. It gives a nice little breather before diving back into Seven Cities. 1022.gif

Anyway, plenty of classic Rush albums had slower/quieter tracks like Madrigal, Different Strings, Tears, etc. so I'm not sure why it's a problem. confused13.gif

Edited by They Bow Defeated