Hope - Halo Effect

losingit2k

Here is a link to my mix of Hope and Halo Effect. Halo Effect enters around 1:40 during Hope. It's almost meant to be! I hope they do something like this live. Enjoy! it's pretty erie!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Interesting and nice.

The songs obviously weren't designed to flow together like Broon's Bane was crafted, but it flows nicely and they are two great songs.

I liked how the beginning of Halo Effect sounds over Hope. That pedal tone on top is so erie. Its cool that the two smaller songs combined enough to create the longer song. Many things had to come into play the key signatures, the tempos, flow. I was pleasantly surprised.

smile.gif

The one bad thing I picked up was that this clearly shows that S & A was mixed much better than CA. Hope sounds slightly clearer than Halo Effect and at a higher level volume wise. Other than that its a pretty cool transition.

sad.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 1 2012, 12:58 AM)
I think it'd be cool if they played an acoustic arrangement of Halo Effect..

I would love to hear an acoustic arrangement of Halo Effect! I'd love to hear how Geddy would sing it. wub.gif

Listening to that also reminded me what a beautiful little piece of elegant composition and heartfelt playing Hope is.

I don't think Hope flows into it. sad.gif