Lance Armstrong gives up

alphseeker

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Aug 25 2012, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 25 2012, 06:04 AM)
As far as I can tell, since 1999, he's had 500 tests and all were negative. Any thoughts?

Witch Hunt

Not sure about a witch hunt, but the USADA sure does seem to be obsessed with Armstrong. I think it's become a personal quest for certain executives in the agency.

IMO, it's akin to what happened to Pete Rose, a superstar who also thumbed his nose at authority, and who also associated with the "wrong people"......

The recent behavior by Tygart and the USADA could ultimately backfire on them. The more exposure the Armstrong case receives, the more people will see how corrupt the USADA is. They may see how ridiculously biased, unprofessional, and under-handed it is.

If Armstrong reconsiders his "quitting" and sues, or if someone else takes up the fight in his name, the courts may be forced to rule on it. The USADA could be gutted.......let's hope so!! yes.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 26 2012, 08:14 PM)
The recent behavior by Tygart and the USADA could ultimately backfire on them. The more exposure the Armstrong case receives, the more people will see how corrupt the USADA is. They may see how ridiculously biased, unprofessional, and under-handed it is.

If Armstrong reconsiders his "quitting" and sues, or if someone else takes up the fight in his name, the courts may be forced to rule on it. The USADA could be gutted.......let's hope so!! yes.gif

goodpost.gif

I couldn't agree more...what a mess!

A jolt of reality if I may...

Only the Tour de France or the international governing body can strip a member of a TdF title. This is very unlikely to happen as all of the 2nd and 3rd place finishers in all of Lance's victories have either tested positive at some point themselves, or have admitted to doping.

Lance will keep his titles, regardless of what the MSM tells you. The jealous bitches that seek to destroy him can suck it.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Aug 24 2012, 12:26 AM)
What about all his ex teammates willing to stand up and say they saw him dope? I want to believe he is innocent but it's getting harder and harder.

It's sad and disappointing. I watched him run those races and it was great theater. He's given so much hope and comfort to people with cancer, that legacy will live on.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 31 2012, 07:47 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Aug 24 2012, 12:26 AM)
What about all his ex teammates willing to stand up and say they saw him dope? I want to believe he is innocent but it's getting harder and harder.

It's sad and disappointing. I watched him run those races and it was great theater. He's given so much hope and comfort to people with cancer, that legacy will live on.

USADA claims to have 10 ex teammates that have stepped forward but as of now only two of those have been named: Floyd Landis / Tyler Hamilton both busted for drugs both trying to publicize their books - Phil Liggett claims that one prominent ex teammate told him he was approached by the USADA and offered "MONEY" for a testimony against Lance -

I don't think the UCI budges until real facts are presented - no positives just the word of some ex-dopers are meaningless -

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Aug 30 2012, 09:57 PM)

Only the Tour de France or the international governing body can strip a member of a TdF title. This is very unlikely to happen as all of the 2nd and 3rd place finishers in all of Lance's victories have either tested positive at some point themselves, or have admitted to doping.

Lance will keep his titles, regardless of what the MSM tells you. The jealous bitches that seek to destroy him can suck it.

thanks for dropping that knowledge...had no clue about those circumstances goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Aug 30 2012, 10:57 PM)

I agree. Their theory seems to be if the home country drug organization labels him as not eligible to have participated in those events then the other organizations hands are tied but they will resist an American organization telling them what to do.

Very sad news for the sport of cycling...

...I still remain happy that so much money ahs been raised for cancer research.

Sad, very sad news.

I wish he'd come out and admit it now and juts get this behind him and all of us.