Wisdom Teeth out tomorrow

FountainOfSyrinx

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hunter @ Aug 19 2012, 11:15 PM)
Mine didn't hurt all that much. Good drugs. smile.gif But definitely need somebody to drive you home, pick up medication and help you out on the the first day.

My dad took the day off work biggrin.gif and I have the Manchester United and Everton game to watch, plus a ton of DVD's. smile.gif

Are you having intravenous sedation or just a local anesthetic?

I had all four of mine removed under sedation and, of course, didn't feel a thing. Just some minor post-procedure pain, but nothing the Vicodin couldn't cure!

QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Aug 19 2012, 11:29 PM)

I had all four of mine removed under sedation and, of course, didn't feel a thing. Just some minor post-procedure pain, but nothing the Vicodin couldn't cure!

Hmmm. In non medical terms, they're knockin' my ass out! I guess the first then smile.gif

They gave me some hydrocodon, says it'll get me high. cool10.gif

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 19 2012, 11:40 PM)

Hmmm. In non medical terms, they're knockin' my ass out! I guess the first then smile.gif

Then you won't be conscious when they yank the teeth from your jaws!

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. They'll start the IV, and the next thing you know it'll be over. Someone will drive you home (you probably won't remember), and you'll be high the rest of the day (you'll probably want to sleep the rest of the day).

The anticipation is the worst thing.

QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Aug 19 2012, 11:52 PM)

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. They'll start the IV, and the next thing you know it'll be over. Someone will drive you home (you probably won't remember), and you'll be high the rest of the day (you'll probably want to sleep the rest of the day).

Thanks for the help dude. smile.gif

I'm not too worried.. I wanna get back to normal though soon. I hope.I don't sleep through the game!

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 19 2012, 11:59 PM)
QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Aug 19 2012, 11:52 PM)

Thanks for the help dude. smile.gif

I'm not too worried.. I wanna get back to normal though soon. I hope.I don't sleep through the game!

Good luck!

biggrin.gif

Gilby is going to have one out soon. He's got a pre-op appointment on the 30th. He's getting knocked out. Doesn't think he'll be able to handle it with just sedation.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 20 2012, 02:09 AM)
If you have stitches in, whatever you do don't drink anything without a straw for about 48 hours...

That's ass-backward, Treeduck. If you don't have stitches, don't drink anything with a straw for a couple of days, otherwise you may get a dry socket.

biggrin.gif

Actually, even if you do have stitches, it's probably best not to drink through a straw for a few days.

Not that I would quibble with Treeduck. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

Edited by substancewithoutstyle

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Aug 20 2012, 05:24 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 19 2012, 11:08 PM)
Not all three at once, I hope..?  scared.gif

Apart from that........  hug2.gif  hug2.gif

Awh thank you! wub.gif

You're welcome..! smile.gif

But take it easy for a few days - nothing too hot, hard or chewy.

Good luck, lots of cold things (and rest) today. Stay away from dairy - stick to Popsicles! I guess you can have McDonald's shakes too - no dairy in that! laugh.gif

I got mine out and 2 days later - drove to Cincy to see ZZ Top and George Thorogood with my girlfriend at the time.

Yeah when they take them out you won't feel a thing...however if your're awake be prepared for odd sounding stuff, especially if them babies are waaaaaaayyyyyy F'd up. They'll be prying them out of your jaw, no big deal!!

eating is a pain in the butt. You're going to be very hungry but tender in the mouth. Cream of Chicken soup not bad. The gauze aspect sucks.

take whatever meds your prescribed, and when the script runs out you'll be OK with regular OTC pain stuff...

Have fun my man!!!

trink39.gif

What everybody has said , mine werent that bad just no room for them, came right out. Sucked for a few days but not that bad. good luck.

QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Aug 20 2012, 12:29 AM)
If you have stitches in, whatever you do don't drink anything without a straw for about 48 hours...

That's ass-backward, Treeduck. If you don't have stitches, don't drink anything with a straw for a couple of days, otherwise you may get a dry socket.

biggrin.gif

Actually, even if you do have stitches, it's probably best not to drink through a straw for a few days.

^^ this was my advice. Don't drink from a straw, period. I worked for a dentist, you never use a straw if you have any tooth pulled.

It's not that bad. The worst part is the gauze packed in there afterwards. I had all 4 taken out with Novocaine and didn't take any of the painkillers they prescribed. When the Novocaine wore off, I had a slight headache so I took Tylenol.

QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Aug 20 2012, 02:29 AM)

biggrin.gif

I had three wisdom teeth out back in 1997 under anesthetic in the hospital. They were big and deep and impacted. But all went well and I woke up feeling great, and no pain whatsover. Then I swigged some water out of a glass in the normal way, didn't notice anything for a minute, then spat out a great gob of blood. I spent the next two days spitting blood into a recycled cardboard bowl and biting on cotton wool.