After 2 1/2 months, I hate to say it...

rushgoober

I experienced a small moment of, "Aw, no, not goober..." then, "Ah well, at least I still love it!" then "Hooray! He's just yanking our chains!"

I'm glad you're just messing with us! tongue.gif

But has your opinion of it changed at all? Are you still lovin' it? After the 'honeymoon' phase, is it still holding up?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 18 2012, 01:00 AM)
Just kidding, it still rocks! yes.gif 1022.gif notworthy.gif

yes.gif

It rocks

It rolls

It soars

It inspires

It's unfortunate that after only a little over two months though the naysayers have their minds made up and seemingly have already given up on such a deep and diverse piece of work. It appears the band put more time and effort into this album than the few detractors here are willing to give it as listeners.

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Mika @ Aug 18 2012, 07:35 AM)
I experienced a small moment of, "Aw, no, not goober..." then, "Ah well, at least I still love it!" then "Hooray! He's just yanking our chains!"

I'm glad you're just messing with us! tongue.gif

Me too! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mika @ Aug 18 2012, 09:10 AM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Aug 18 2012, 02:09 AM)
Who cares?

About what? The album being good still? About goober pulling our legs? About the album in general?

About what some ageing hippy thinks about a modern Hard Prog album.

biggrin.gif

dunno if it just me getting older but, right now the album's just the same high standard now as it was in the first couple weeks, which is unusual for me as rush albums in my case tend to get better and better over the first few months

4 of the tracks still standing out as works of rush genius comparable to any,

the rest are of a very high standard but fall just short of spectacular

in any case i'm having a break from CA right now and really into s&a and caress of steel for some reason.... think its the more laid back nature of them to be honest... CA generally a bit too fast and upbeat and just doesnt have the right balance of quieter moments for me

i just never tire of the fountain of lamneth such a beautiful prog rock piece

like i said though, at this stage of their careers the guys still bangin out some superlative rush, caravan, Bu2b, clockwork angels and the garden take the band to yet another level

Edited by lifeson90

Who cares?

Tony, there are certain members of this forum that define Rush fans. the rest of us NEED to hear from these people. The lifeblood of the community if you will There are certain opinions that matter a kazillion trillion times more than ours. Yes, I am talking about rushgoober

Who cares Tony? How about the world?

QUOTE (Tony R @ Aug 18 2012, 01:25 AM)
QUOTE (Mika @ Aug 18 2012, 09:10 AM)
Who cares?

About what? The album being good still? About goober pulling our legs? About the album in general?

About what some ageing hippy thinks about a modern Hard Prog album.

biggrin.gif

Hey, I resemble that remark! tongue.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Aug 18 2012, 07:29 AM)
Who cares?

Tony, there are certain members of this forum that define Rush fans. the rest of us NEED to hear from these people. The lifeblood of the community if you will There are certain opinions that matter a kazillion trillion times more than ours. Yes, I am talking about rushgoober

Who cares Tony? How about the world?

unsure.gif

tongue.gif

trink39.gif

unsure.gif

Just hit your inhaler and breath real deep...hold it in Goobs...now let it out. Feel better?

trink39.gif

Has it cracked your top 100 yet?

Still Jammin Roll the Bones instead of the first album by the way...loving me some "Big Wheel" rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 18 2012, 08:31 AM)
Just hit your inhaler and breath real deep...hold it in Goobs...now let it out. Feel better?

trink39.gif

Still Jammin Roll the Bones instead of the first album by the way...loving me some "Big Wheel" rofl3.gif

And that's how you do a joke thread - far less than 10,000 words so your audience doesn't fall asleep in the middle of the post. wink.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 18 2012, 10:46 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 18 2012, 08:31 AM)

trink39.gif

And that's how you do a joke thread - far less than 10,000 words so your audience doesn't fall asleep in the middle of the post. wink.gif tongue.gif

Joke thread? Are you sure this isn't "goober needs a hug" thread? smile.gif

QUOTE (balance @ Aug 18 2012, 05:12 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 18 2012, 01:00 AM)
Just kidding, it still rocks! yes.gif 1022.gif notworthy.gif

http://images.shirts.com/bazinga-with-sheldon-tshirt-logo.jpg

wtf.gif facepalm.gif

Dr Sheldon Cooper..?