New Peart Interview

presto123

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 15 2012, 02:27 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 15 2012, 01:22 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 15 2012, 02:21 PM)
QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Aug 15 2012, 12:38 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 15 2012, 12:06 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Aug 15 2012, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE (LedRush @ Aug 15 2012, 11:34 AM)
"Could you please provide me examples that demonstrate the veracity of your statement? (i.e., Undisputed teaching of Jesus that conflict with undisputed views of republicans)."

Republicans actively infringe upon the rights and private lives of gay people and use the teachings of Christ as the basis of their platform.

i'm not a republican but i honestly think inside obama is against gay marriage but tells the world he's for gay marriage in order to get the vote and the donations rolling in. politicians will say and do anything to save their own ass and keep the money rolling in.

Chick-Fil-A.

did you have to bring food into this? tongue.gif mmm spicy chick fil a.

does sound good doesn't it? I would go to one but our liberal mayor doesn't believe in private enterprise.

not sure where you're at but i never knew they had one in manhattan. i'll be going there for lunch break tomorrow. trink36.gif

"Bwashton, Massatoositts"

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Could you please provide me examples that demonstrate the veracity of your statement? (i.e., Undisputed teaching of Jesus that conflict with undisputed views of republicans)."

Republicans actively infringe upon the rights and private lives of gay people and use the teachings of Christ as the basis of their platform.

i'm not a republican but i honestly think inside obama is against gay marriage but tells the world he's for gay marriage in order to get the vote and the donations rolling in. politicians will say and do anything to save their own ass and keep the money rolling in.

Chick-Fil-A.

does sound good doesn't it? I would go to one but our liberal mayor doesn't believe in private enterprise.

Go to SOCN to pout about your mayors phantom powers.

And btw, I've had both and Wendy's spicy chicken is better than CFA's.

Men are physically stronger than women.

It's true and I stand by it. Yes, it's a generalization. Yes, there are many women who are stronger than most men. It is still true. Am I sexist to make the statement when there are exceptions? No, I just assume that people understand that "As a general rule" or "On average" could have been used at the beginning of the statement. Had I wanted to state that all men are physically stronger than all women, I would have.

Just because something is a generalization doesn't mean it's not true.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Aug 15 2012, 11:37 AM)

More like well-read and articulate. I don't consider him to be especially intelligent.

He's obviously a lot more intelligent than you.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Aug 15 2012, 02:19 PM)

More like well-read and articulate.  I don't consider him to be especially intelligent.

There is really no evidence to support this, but that's a whole other debate.

1287.gif

I'm pretty sure that Jesus would favour the Republican Party. After all, didn't his dad murder all his enemies, flood the entire Earth killing everything off and slaughter innocents?

QUOTE (Sin City @ Aug 15 2012, 01:24 PM)
@ Ledrush and an enemy without;-thanks for clarifying the first amendment bit. However, it doesn't fundamentally alter the fact that many of the posts on this thread are about closing down any meaningful discussion of Peart's point of view or negating what he stated simple because they either disagree, it doesn't fit with their world view, or because they find it offensive.
For what it's worth I believe there should be limits on free speech where extremism and/or discrimination are expressed.
And as a left leaning atheist republican (don't believe in the monarchy, btw) I see exactly where Peart is coming from. It's appalling that racism, and homophobia can be used as forms of discrimination and oppression because of someone elses religious belief systems. It's sickening that George W executed children as governor of Texas. I am completely mystified that middle age men (who will never have to face the responsibility of bringing up a child unsupported by it's father) want to have control over womens reproductive systems by denying them the right to abortion.
Tell, me this when did someone ever get murdered by another human being in the name of NO God? When does anyone die by being treated with respect and compassion?
And as for the old left/right political dichotomy- we're all f*cked. They only care about corporate interests mainly these days.

You have all of the buzzwords to moving this to SOCN packed in one post. laugh.gif

If you want to discuss abortion (where I would be happy to set you straight on what I believe) we can go in there. It is really a very controversial and sensitive topic that doesn't belong in here.

"Tell, me this when did someone ever get murdered by another human being in the name of NO God?"

Never. How do you take action in the name of nothing? But there have been plenty of atheist dictators who persecuted religious people. I'd say that's close enough.

The heart is not pure in anybody. The Bible says that the heart is desperately wicked. Can't remember if Jesus or Paul said that.

Chick-Fil-A.

Cute.

I have no interest in seeing a business shut down. This is America and it's easy for me to simply boycott such a place - and it has nothing to do with gay marriage, but rather the fact that Chick fil a actively donates millions of dollars to anti-gay hate groups. Groups that claim to be "pro-family".

These groups are not just anti-gay, but they cause severe harm to people through their practice of "deconstructing" gay people, particularly youth, through intense psychotherapy desined to "cure" them of the "disease" of homosexuality.

This has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt to have disasterous results on the mental state of those put through such an ordeal, often times leading to major depression, chemical dependancy and often suicide. I'm not exaggerating. look it up - and enjoy your sandwich knowing full well that your money is going to groups that inflict damage on other people.

* it should be noted that these groups have the full support of many Republicans.

Edited by eshine

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Aug 15 2012, 02:19 PM)

More like well-read and articulate.  I don't consider him to be especially intelligent.

You certainly wouldn't be capable of making that distinction.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 15 2012, 02:16 PM)
The heart is not pure in anybody. The Bible says that the heart is desperately wicked. Can't remember if Jesus or Paul said that.

What's been going on with you lately?

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Aug 15 2012, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 15 2012, 02:16 PM)

What's been going on with you lately?

Getting ready to start school in a couple of weeks. Right now fighting a virus.

QUOTE (canadianice @ Aug 15 2012, 03:21 PM)
I demand that this RUBBISH be removed from this Forum!!!!!. It is a rush forum. Go sing cumbya by the campfire.

When pointing your mouse over the link to this thread, simply avoid clicking.

Problem solved.