Test for Echo (The Song)

losingit2k

Should they bring T4E back live for CA?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should they bring T4E back live for CA?

• Yes
    • No

I went with Yes, I don;'t understand hwy this essential RUSH song has never been played live since the T4E tour. It was great live duirng the T4E tour even opening up the second set. You'd think such a good song would have made several appearances live. Somehow this one has been left behind? Why?

confused13.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Aug 12 2012, 03:49 PM)
I'd love to hear more Test For Echo all the way around (except Resist, like Cyclonus said). Great hard rock album with exactly the type of midrange vocals Geddy can still nail.

I think he'd do really well with The Color of Right, and Time and Motion seems like it would sound right at home amongst a bunch of Clockwork Angels tunes.

Sadly, we'll probably be lucky to get even one T4E tune, and if we do it'll likely be Driven (which I'd be okay with) or perhaps--since they like it so much--Resist ( 062802puke_prv.gif ).

If it means taking a song from CA then I can live without it...love the song though, certainly the pick of that litter. Gosh tough call. Won't complain if the play. I'd rather have that then say Red Barchetta.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Aug 12 2012, 04:20 PM)
If it means taking a song from CA then I can live without it...love the song though, certainly the pick of that litter. Gosh tough call. Won't complain if the play. I'd rather have that then say Red Barchetta.

trink39.gif

I'm with you on that one. I would rather hear any CA on this tour than another Moving Pictures song. There's a rumor that they will be playing 5 MP songs, I think 3 would have sufficed. Gives us some unplayed and forgotten tracks guys.

yes.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 12 2012, 05:52 PM)

trink39.gif

I'm with you on that one. I would rather hear any CA on this tour than another Moving Pictures song. There's a rumor that they will be playing 5 MP songs, I think 3 would have sufficed. Gives us some unplayed and forgotten tracks guys.

yes.gif

Oh my gosh. I need a break from MP songs from their last tour. >_< Even though I'd be okay with YYZ or Camera Eye...But, I'd still rather listen to others.

I have no idea why you guys want to hear anything else besides Moving Pictures. Especially thinking about replacing MP with T4E of all albums! Driven is the only decent song on T4E and MP is the greatest Rush album EVER with 7 songs that destroy EVERY Rush song post-Signals. CA is fastly becoming the most overrated Rush album EVER. I'm serious. It's a good album, but we're talking about MP here. I love hearing that 5 MP song rumor and I hope they throw in all of Signals too (since it's the 30th anniversary). The setlist IMO should be a good portion of CA, ANYTHING before Grace Under Pressure, and MAYBE the best song from every Rush album post-Signals. I'm going to shoot myself if I don't hear Red Barchetta...

That about sums up my rant. smile.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 12 2012, 05:52 PM)

trink39.gif

yes.gif

Yes, I'd rather have something more 'obscure' than, say, 'Red Barchetta' again. And while I like 'Test for Echo', some 'Totem' would be great! And, if not for the now-dated lyrics, 'Virtuality'.

There's a rumour about 5 MP songs getting played? Gosh, I hope not! I know MP is great and all, but give something else a chance to shine! Watching the Rush concert dvds, my favourites are always the more obscure songs, like 'Between the Wheels', 'Digital Man', 'Presto'. I know we need the 'Tom Sawyers' played for the less-into-obscure-songs fans, but hopefully we'll be thrown some rarer bones, too!

QUOTE (The Vigilante @ Aug 12 2012, 10:35 PM)
Lol ... More GUP bashing .. Iv'e seen Between the wheels live and I would put it up against any MP song live... Red Lenses is no slouch either among a few others. T4 echo is awesome to IMO.

I LOVE the Enemy Within live. So much energy. And really, all 3 of the guys rip that song apart. Ged on the bass is so insane.

QUOTE (The Vigilante @ Aug 12 2012, 10:35 PM)
Lol ... More GUP bashing .. Iv'e seen Between the wheels live and I would put it up against any MP song live... Red Lenses is no slouch either among a few others. T4 echo is awesome to IMO.

BTW is like.. the greatest song ever

I wouldn't call Test for Echo an essential Rush song by any stretch of the imagination.

As far as them bringing the song back, I wouldn't fret if it came back, but I'd be fine with them never playing it again. The fact that they haven't played it since the TFE tour probably speaks volumes about how little they must think of it. Has any other Track 1 on a Rush studio album been played so little? The answer is no. Most Rush Track 1s have had long live shelf lives, and Test for Echo is the only Track 1 to not only be played on only one tour ever, but to not even make it to the set list of the following tour (after its initial album run's tour).

Edited by The K Man

QUOTE (The K Man @ Aug 13 2012, 10:37 AM)
I wouldn't call Test for Echo an essential Rush song by any stretch of the imagination.

As far as them bringing the song back, I wouldn't fret if it came back, but I'd be fine with them never playing it again. The fact that they haven't played it since the TFE tour probably speaks volumes about how little they must think of it. Has any other Track 1 on a Rush studio album been played so little? The answer is no. Most Rush Track 1s have had long live shelf lives, and Test for Echo is the only Track 1 to not only be played on only one tour ever, but to not even make it to the set list of the following tour (after its initial album run's tour).

Yes, but should they have played One Little Victory or Show Don't Tell again?

"Test for Echo" is the essential RUSH song on T4E. That and "Driven"! It's definately not a staple live : (Limelight, Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio, Freewill, YYZ, 2112 Overture/Temples) etc. But it is an essential Rush song specially on T4E. It was their single for the album and strong enough to open the 2nd Set of the Tour. You might not like the song or even want to hear it live ever again, but it is an essential RUSH song.

yes.gif

wow- never thought of it like that.

T4E is a strong track though, IMO. it has great dynamics, great drum beats and message.

i'd love to see it live again.

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Aug 12 2012, 04:01 PM)
I'd love to hear more Test For Echo all the way around (except Resist, like Cyclonus said). Great hard rock album with exactly the type of midrange vocals Geddy can still nail.

I think he'd do really well with The Color of Right, and Time and Motion seems like it would sound right at home amongst a bunch of Clockwork Angels tunes.

Sadly, we'll probably be lucky to get even one T4E tune, and if we do it'll likely be Driven (which I'd be okay with) or perhaps--since they like it so much--Resist ( 062802puke_prv.gif ).

Time and Motion would be great!

QUOTE (goose @ Aug 13 2012, 12:07 PM)
QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Aug 12 2012, 04:01 PM)

Time and Motion would be great!

that is the song I've been waiting to br brought up. the whole arrangement is fantastic. applaudit.gif