BU2B2 - Wish them Well

losingit2k

This is how I think BU2B2 should have been utiltized. As an intro for Wish them Well. I edited them both together for stronger Impact! All I did was layer Wish them Well over the tail end of BU2B2 cutting off about 2 measures off the decay at the end of BU2B2. Much better I think!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Yes, it does work better in fact. Very nice idea. You could actually merge them just a bit closer by a few measures. Edited by Gompers

Why so many pictures of Bond? laugh.gif

This does work better.

If your suggesting it they should merge into one track though, I think they still should be separated. I would hate I'd have to skip through a minute every time otherwise, and I'd hate that.

Edited by Mr. IsNot

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 31 2012, 07:58 AM)
Why so many pictures of Bond? laugh.gif

This does work better.

If your suggesting it they should merge into one track though, I think they still should be separated. I would hate I'd have to skip through a minute every time otherwise, and I'd hate that.

No still two tracks, just closer together. More of an intro than an actual song.

cool.gif

I was listening on headphones last night and thinking that I'd like to edit all the songs together to get rid of the track gaps, because none of the songs actually begin or end clean.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jul 31 2012, 09:24 AM)
I was listening on headphones last night and thinking that I'd like to edit all the songs together to get rid of the track gaps, because none of the songs actually begin or end clean.

I take it you weren't on an ipod - there is a sweet gapless playback feature.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 31 2012, 06:59 AM)
This is how I think BU2B2 should have been utiltized. As an intro for Wish them Well. I edited them both together for stronger Impact! All I did was layer Wish them Well over the tail end of BU2B2 cutting off about 2 measures off the decay at the end of BU2B2. Much better I think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8J4zf0scas&feature=youtu.be

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Just did it myself...downright usefull you are!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 31 2012, 04:59 AM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

It works better musically this way, but it still doesn't help that the lyrical content of BU2B2 is a major bummer coming between Headlong Flight and Wish Them Well. It only would have worked between The Wreckers and Headlong Flight, but really it should have been left out entirely.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 31 2012, 11:00 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 31 2012, 04:59 AM)

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

It works better musically this way, but it still doesn't help that the lyrical content of BU2B2 is a major bummer coming between Headlong Flight and Wish Them Well. It only would have worked between The Wreckers and Headlong Flight, but really it should have been left out entirely.

Well, we don't know for sure yet but I think Headlong Flight inspires Owen Hardy into forgiving those who have done him wrong, BU2B2 comes out of those thoughts which inturn leads to the actions of Wish them Well. Or Non-action I should say.

cool.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Not bad...not bad...

Good idea...

QUOTE (GoldRush @ Jul 31 2012, 11:27 PM)

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

Not bad...not bad...

Good idea...

I think my Hope - Halo Effect mix came out much better!

wink.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 31 2012, 08:57 AM)
I found the best way to make BU2B2 sound better is by hitting skip.

yes.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Aug 1 2012, 06:24 PM)
Hell yeah. This not only flowed very nicely, it actually made BU2B2 somewhat palatable for me. And I've been its most outspoken critic in the past.

We need to look at it like an intro to Wish them well, not an individual piece.

yes.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 3 2012, 12:41 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 31 2012, 10:57 PM)

That's how it works for me smile.gif

What ever works for you!

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 3 2012, 09:31 AM)

What ever works for you!

I was listening to the album yesterday and DIDN'T hit skip, but from now on I think I will for the most part. It was fine at the time because it sometimes seems too short to bother skipping, but this morning I had the lyrics going through my head, and those are pretty damn depressing lyrics to have as an earworm. Pass.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 3 2012, 12:52 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 3 2012, 09:31 AM)

What ever works for you!

I was listening to the album yesterday and DIDN'T hit skip, but from now on I think I will for the most part. It was fine at the time because it sometimes seems too short to bother skipping, but this morning I had the lyrics going through my head, and those are pretty damn depressing lyrics to have as an earworm. Pass.

But don't you get an ear worm from the last song you listen too?

confused13.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ Aug 3 2012, 10:06 PM)
Just leave this masterpiece alone, why in the world would you want to mess with it? This is a CLASSIC, please leave it that way. trink39.gif

eyesre4.gif

Take any Rush song and someone will think it's a classic. Some people feel that way about Dog Years.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 4 2012, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ Aug 3 2012, 10:06 PM)
Just leave this masterpiece alone, why in the world would you want to mess with it? This is a CLASSIC, please leave it that way.    trink39.gif

eyesre4.gif

Take any Rush song and someone will think it's a classic. Some people feel that way about Dog Years.

And what's wrong with that, oh Holy Twilight Oracle? tongue.gif

I always play it, WTW wouldn't be the same without it. The darkness before the light.