Modern Technologies You Wish Had Not Been Invented

noisorroCmrotS

The wheel. It's all been pretty much downhill from there.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The telephone. What's wrong with string and Dixie cups?

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 19 2012, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 19 2012, 05:33 AM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jul 18 2012, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 18 2012, 08:34 AM)
Pro- Tools
I- Tunes

Yes, I too wish that people who make music for a living were even worse off than they already are.

People did just fine before all that bullshit . You don't get it

The near-ubiquitous adoption of both technologies by people in the music business suggests, to me, that they weren't "just fine" without them.

Besides, it's not like they're doing any harm.

The Beatles , Zep and Floyd sold Hundreds of Millions of albums when there was no such thing as Pro Tools or I - Tunes. People don't buy Albums anymore, they buy 2 or 3 songs, one of the reasons bands don't sell albums anymore. I think the fact that AC/DC will not put their music on I-Tunes because they say they are not a "Singles" band is great

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 20 2012, 06:27 AM)
Pro- Tools
I- Tunes

Yes, I too wish that people who make music for a living were even worse off than they already are.

The near-ubiquitous adoption of both technologies by people in the music business suggests, to me, that they weren't "just fine" without them.

The Beatles , Zep and Floyd sold Hundreds of Millions of albums when there was no such thing as Pro Tools or I - Tunes. People don't buy Albums anymore, they buy 2 or 3 songs, one of the reasons bands don't sell albums anymore. I think the fact that AC/DC will not put their music on I-Tunes because they say they are not a "Singles" band is great

AC/DC is a "lets make the same 3 songs and play them for decades" band, aren't they?

QUOTE (t2s @ Jul 20 2012, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 20 2012, 06:27 AM)
Pro- Tools
I- Tunes

AC/DC is a "lets make the same 3 songs and play them for decades" band, aren't they?

No, they're a good band.

1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 20 2012, 09:30 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Jul 20 2012, 03:29 PM)
I appear to have been defriended by Duck...  sad.gif

Eh?

unsure.gif

I checked my Friends page - no Duck (well, obviously under his proper name).

I considered texting, facebook and a few other things but overall they just convenience me a whole lot. My cell phone bill is $10 cheaper per month by not having minutes. I have 50 minutes or something for emergency calls but the brief things I need to tell people can be sent by text. I use facebook to organize jam sessions and get togethers in minutes so that's great.

Ultimately, I have to say it's Autotune. So many artists use it to substitute lack of talent or perfect their vocal recordings to pass them off as legitimate and it annoys me. It's a shame because I've seen it used to make some really cool sounds too but that accounts for less than 1% of it's use.

Who said Pandora, anyone? unsure.gif

same 20 songs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...