Moving Pictures - Clockwork Angels Tour?

progmaniac

Hey,

Sorry if this has already been covered but I just wanted to know wether Rush plan on playing the whole album Moving Pictures on the Clockwork Angels tour? It's gonna be my first Rush concert and I'm stupidly excited. See you in London!

I seriously doubt they will for this tour, but I bet it is safe to say we'll be seeing at least Tom Sawyer and Limelight returning. Maybe YYZ too, but I don't think we'll see the other half returning.

In my opinion, as long as I see Limelight live again, I'll be happy in regards to Moving Pictures being played. tongue.gif

No! I think that album is back in the vault and never to see the light of day.

You're guaranteed to hear Tom Sawyer and Limelight. They're concert staples, and casual fans as well as first timers like yourself expect them to be performed.

Whatever they play, you're going to have a great time!

Rush surely wouldn't be so boring as to repeat the playing of the same entire album two tours in a row, especially with Clockwork Angels to play with!

I'm sure 'Tom Sawyer' and probably 'Limelight' will get played, but a no to 'YYZ' or 'Red Barchetta', and sadly a no to 'The Camera Eye' (wow, did that ever rock last tour!), 'Vital Signs' (aw!) and 'Witch Hunt' (well, they did that one two tours in a row, which makes its appearance as part of the 'Fear' trilogy unlikely, unfortunately). sad.gif

Maybe we get 'The Camera Eye' again. Geddy and Alex mentioned in interviews how they enjoyed to bring the song back.

I'd be happy enough if they left out Tom Sawyer and/or Limelight - not that they're bad songs (far from it), it's just they always play them - face it, after 30 odd years, even Rush must be getting a little tired of them by now

If they were only to play 1 song from MP, I'd give a big thumbs up to Camera Eye, but hey, that's just my little wish & yes, they will play Tom Sawyer & Limelight (and yes, I will sing along in my usual lusty & unmusical fashion blush4.gif

QUOTE (Leslie145 @ Jul 17 2012, 06:43 AM)
I'd be happy enough if they left out Tom Sawyer and/or Limelight - not that they're bad songs (far from it), it's just they always play them - face it, after 30 odd years, even Rush must be getting a little tired of them by now

If they were only to play 1 song from MP, I'd give a big thumbs up to Camera Eye, but hey, that's just my little wish & yes, they will play Tom Sawyer & Limelight (and yes, I will sing along in my usual lusty & unmusical fashion blush4.gif

If RUSH were to somehow still be playing live shows for the next 30 years, i dont think they would ever get rid of Tom Sawyer. Neil has said how much of a challenge it is to play and that's why they enjoy playing it so much. It's also a song that, for me, evokes the spirit of RUSH as a group the best. Whenever i hear it, i feel like it's a part of me, and i dont think i will ever get tired of it.

Not a chance

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jul 17 2012, 06:41 AM)
Maybe we get 'The Camera Eye' again. Geddy and Alex mentioned in interviews how they enjoyed to bring the song back.

i don't think they're going to bring it back plus if they didn't play mp in it's entirety on the last tour, i doubt they would have playd the camera eye. geddy doesn't like playing the song.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Jul 17 2012, 01:20 PM)
i don't think they're going to bring it back plus if they didn't play mp in it's entirety on the last tour, i doubt they would have playd the camera eye. geddy doesn't like playing the song.

This just in: EARTH NOT FLAT!

They did play MP in its entirety and The Camera Eye became an all-time favorite for the entire band throughout the entire TM tour. Read interviews much?

Tom Sawyer = definite, can't avoid it - 100%

Red Barchetta = probably taking a back seat this tour - 30%

YYZ = maybe - 45-50%

Limelight = most likely - 80%

The Camera Eye = highly doubted, but would LOVE IT - 15% (half-version 25%)

Witch Hunt = nah, plenty of stage time since 2007 - 15%

Vital Signs = only a very slight chance - 20%

Entire album = zero, zilch, not on your life - minus 0% divided by 0

Edited by Tarkus406

QUOTE (sdhonda @ Jul 17 2012, 08:25 PM)
You guys do realize that they have only missed YYZ on one tour (RTB), right?

The chances of it appearing are closer to 80-90%

forgot about that. never know. they may add a different instrumental.

QUOTE (progmaniac @ Jul 16 2012, 08:55 PM)
Hey,

Sorry if this has already been covered but I just wanted to know wether Rush plan on playing the whole album Moving Pictures on the Clockwork Angels tour? It's gonna be my first Rush concert and I'm stupidly excited. See you in London!

wtf.gif cool10.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 17 2012, 09:00 PM)

Like "Where's My Thing?"

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 17 2012, 10:40 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 17 2012, 09:00 PM)

Like "Where's My Thing?"

Yes! I was just about to say this same thing. If they could play 'Where's My Thing?' with the ethereal opening they did on the Roll the Bones tour, that would just be awesome. I would gladly have this traded in place of 'YYZ'!

QUOTE (sdhonda @ Jul 17 2012, 07:25 PM)

No complaints from me on YYZ- my favorite instrumental by them (very closely followed by 'La Villa...')

Although when I saw them on the TM tour, there was a chap behind me who I think had seen Rush In Rio too many times & insisted in 'singing' along at the top of his voice pokey.gif

just as an aside, even though YYZ is my favorite instrumental, YYT is my favorite airport... St.John's, Newfoundland (no Newfie jokes please), been many times & love the place

Edited by Leslie145