Clockwork Angels Trolls

Tick

QUOTE (Two0neOneTwo @ Jun 27 2012, 04:18 PM)
2. The ones who recognize a technical issue with the way the "Fantastic Music" was mixed and mastered.
I AM proudly a part of that.

f**k Itunes, f**k headphones, and get back to making a record you can listen to above 3 on the volume dial without very expensive speakers crapping out.

What exactly is there to take pride in? You've finally spent enough money on gear that you derive less enjoyment out of music?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ Jun 27 2012, 07:30 PM)
How exactly am I a troll again?

Do you live under a bridge?

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 27 2012, 03:19 PM)
QUOTE (Puregold @ Jun 27 2012, 03:03 PM)
This probably isn't appropriate at all, but i'm going to plug my music Rush-like music on youtube here, anyway. Would that be trolling?

http://www.youtube.com/user/cyberhawk00

Absolutely love the new Rush. How could a fan of Rush not like Rush?

smile.gif)

Seeing you have 3 posts, and they all include this link... yeah, just a little bit

Cyberhawk? That's too to Cyberdude for comfort. ohmy.gif

Could it be one in the same? confused13.gif

God, I hope not. facepalm.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 27 2012, 08:38 AM)
Clockwork Angels troll call. State your name!

CantStopThinkingBig
lonelymoon
Terrapin

Wish them well.

Douches.

QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ Jun 27 2012, 08:30 PM)

I said you were. Clear now? atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 27 2012, 05:14 PM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 27 2012, 01:38 PM)

CantStopThinkingBig
lonelymoon
Terrapin

We just can't live without you! trink39.gif

Love poke! pokey.gif

"What a shitty album, I just have to say it." wub.gif

an any others...come on in the waters fine! cheer.gif

bitchslap.gif
"Geddy sings like he has mothballs in his mouth."

16ton.gif
"The Garden is a ripoff of Nirvana. it really is."

smash.gif
"Someday you losers will wake up and stop pretending this album doesn't suck donkey penis."

Calm down there "Tick" Do you have a therapist? If so, contact him now. If not, get one. When you find one, please do one of the following...

Ask him why you are obsessed with a band that you will never be meet.

Ask him why you spend most of your waking life posting interweb messages on a forum to people you haven't and never will meet.

Ask him why you spend so much time posting little "smilies" in order to further "express" your primitive little emotions...

... and indeed, why you behave like a predictable little "net boy"

Most of all, ask him why you have such a problem with people expressing opinions about an album that differs from yours and your subsequent need to to refer to them as "Trolls"

Shouldn't cost you much...

First off, I like being crazy as much as you like trolling, so no therapist needed.

Next! atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Jun 27 2012, 07:29 PM)
QUOTE (Two0neOneTwo @ Jun 27 2012, 04:18 PM)
2. The ones who recognize a technical issue with the way the "Fantastic Music" was mixed and mastered.
I AM proudly a part of that.

f**k Itunes, f**k headphones, and get back to making a record you can listen to above 3 on the volume dial without very expensive speakers crapping out.

What exactly is there to take pride in? You've finally spent enough money on gear that you derive less enjoyment out of music?

I believe the answer to why I'm proud is stated in the same sentence you quoted.

Did you not read the entire post?

Got nothing to do with my expensive equipment. Although my expensive equipment reveals much more than most get to experience.

Edited by Two0neOneTwo

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 28 2012, 07:09 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 28 2012, 08:52 PM)

laugh.gif You mutant! Your logic is indisputable! laugh.gif

Yeah, I laughed my ass off at the concise response.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 28 2012, 10:37 AM)

Yes, concise. That was all that needed to be said. Tick knows. Anyone who wishes to dispute need only look up Can'tStopThinkingSmall's posting history. He's a budding troll. He wants to be the #1 troll when he grows up, but he'll always be a #2 to us smile.gif

QUOTE (Two0neOneTwo @ Jun 28 2012, 09:42 AM)
Although my expensive equipment reveals much more than most get to experience.

To summarize: You've spent good money on equipment and have refined your senses enough that you take less pleasure in music? Is that about right?

I am assuming the pleasure of flaunting this imagined sonic sophistication anonymously on the internet more than makes up for the loss of musical enjoyment?

How much do I need to spend before I get a system where I can properly hate CA? I'm all in.

QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Jun 28 2012, 10:04 AM)

To summarize: You've spent good money on equipment and have refined your senses enough that you take less pleasure in music? Is that about right?

I am assuming the pleasure of flaunting this imagined sonic sophistication anonymously on the internet more than makes up for the loss of musical enjoyment?

How much do I need to spend before I get a system where I can properly hate CA? I'm all in.

I actually understand this point of view.

Being someone who considers themselves an amateur audiophile (I have lower end audiophile equipment), there are definitely pros and cons of having great sounding equipment.

The pros are crystal clear sound in a way most people would never know is available - hearing nuances, instrument separation and clarity that would astound you. I can't tell you how much music that I was already familiar with was brought to a whole new level by hearing it on good equipment. It was like night and day.

The downside is, if something was recorded badly, mixed badly, mastered badly, etc., the flaws are glaring. Whereas compression from a file played on an MP3 player, or a generally muddy or distorted sounding system can somewhat hide deficiencies, the better the equipment you have, the more obvious the inherent deficiencies can be.

That said, while CA has far from perfect sound, it's plenty good enough for me, and it doesn't interfere with my enjoyment of an excellent album. no.gif

QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Jun 28 2012, 12:04 PM)

Slack jaw gaze,

rofl3.gif

Are you serious? I mean really.

Your post is actually proving my point better than I could.

If CA "sounds great" via Itunes, Headphones and computer speakers...but not so good on "expensive" equipment. Doesn't that tell you something about how they mixed/mastered it? It should.

Should be other way around. In fact, if something sounds great on good equipment, then it should be fine on lower end equipment. Decent.

If it was mixed/mastered for crap, then crap is all its ever gonna sound good on.

By the way. If you've read my posts I have never been critical of the music itself.

Every single Rush recording since the first until CP, sounds absolutely amazing on my equipment. (CP was getting a bit out of sorts as well but not as bad)

Funny how a recording some 30 years old and analog at that, completely destroys the Fidelity of CP up till CA on new "expensive" equipment.

Odd wouldn't you say?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 28 2012, 12:56 PM)

Being someone who considers themselves an amateur audiophile (I have lower end audiophile equipment), there are definitely pros and cons of having great sounding equipment.

The pros are crystal clear sound in a way most people would never know is available - hearing nuances, instrument separation and clarity that would astound you. I can't tell you how much music that I was already familiar with was brought to a whole new level by hearing it on good equipment. It was like night and day.

The downside is, if something was recorded badly, mixed badly, mastered badly, etc., the flaws are glaring. Whereas compression from a file played on an MP3 player, or a generally muddy or distorted sounding system can somewhat hide deficiencies, the better the equipment you have, the more obvious the inherent deficiencies can be.

That said, while CA has far from perfect sound, it's plenty good enough for me, and it doesn't interfere with my enjoyment of an excellent album. no.gif

Such a lot of pain on the surf...

653.gif

Goobs, take it out of storage! lol. banghead.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 28 2012, 12:40 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 28 2012, 10:37 AM)

Yes, concise. That was all that needed to be said. Tick knows. Anyone who wishes to dispute need only look up Can'tStopThinkingSmall's posting history. He's a budding troll. He wants to be the #1 troll when he grows up, but he'll always be a #2 to us smile.gif

So who is #1 on the Troll Parade?

QUOTE (Two0neOneTwo @ Jun 28 2012, 11:06 AM)

Goobs, take it out of storage! lol. banghead.gif

Soon. Looong story! wink.gif

That said, I heard CA on my brother-in-law's system - not as good as mine, but good enough, and I enjoyed the album more than ever!

CantStopThinkingBig
lonelymoon
Terrapin

Love poke! pokey.gif

bitchslap.gif

16ton.gif

smash.gif
"Someday you losers will wake up and stop pretending this album doesn't suck donkey penis."

Calm down there "Tick" Do you have a therapist? If so, contact him now. If not, get one. When you find one, please do one of the following...

Ask him why you spend most of your waking life posting interweb messages on a forum to people you haven't and never will meet.

Ask him why you spend so much time posting little "smilies" in order to further "express" your primitive little emotions...

Most of all, ask him why you have such a problem with people expressing opinions about an album that differs from yours and your subsequent need to to refer to them as "Trolls"

atickhum.gif Tick's fine.

You could maybe use a therapist yourself to discover what traumatic mommy-incident in your childhood led to your becoming a supercilious condescending wad of smegma.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 28 2012, 11:20 AM)

CantStopThinkingBig
lonelymoon
Terrapin

Love poke! pokey.gif

bitchslap.gif

16ton.gif

smash.gif

You could maybe use a therapist yourself to discover what traumatic mommy-incident in your childhood led to your becoming a supercilious condescending wad of smegma.

And also, Tick's met up with dozens of TRF people, some of which are his good friends. I'm assuming you can't say the same. It's much easier to do that when you're a nice person. wink.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 28 2012, 01:20 PM)

CantStopThinkingBig
lonelymoon
Terrapin

Love poke! pokey.gif

bitchslap.gif

16ton.gif

smash.gif

Sorry Mara, but I take offense to that comment on behalf of wads of smegma. huh.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Jun 28 2012, 02:27 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 28 2012, 01:20 PM)

CantStopThinkingBig
lonelymoon
Terrapin

Love poke! pokey.gif

bitchslap.gif

16ton.gif

smash.gif

Sorry Mara, but I take offense to that comment on behalf of wads of smegma. huh.gif

I was gonna call him a dick, but y'know, I have to admit I like dicks/wieners/etc. Smegma not so much.