Anybody Else Notice This?

presto123

Forgive me if this has been brought up before but I haven't seen it on here. Listen to the Anarchist loud. At :28 and :35 the "what do you lack" is whispered again. How did I miss this? It's so low in the mix it's not hard to miss. I actually wish it was higher in the mix. Who else besides me didn't notice? Maybe it's my musician ears. tongue.gif

Yes, on my basement stereo system I do hear it coming out of the left speaker. My right speaker is spotty anyway. But yes, there it is. what do you lack. I believe Snaked pointed this out a week ago, and I got confused because it was morning and thought he was talking about the title track, and I killed his thread. Sorry Snaked trink39.gif

I missed those, too. I heard the first one just before the drums come in but not those two. Cool smile.gif

Nice find. That's a good thing about this album - 'A prize every time' you listen to it.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 22 2012, 06:25 PM)
Forgive me if this has been brought up before but I haven't seen it on here. Listen to the Anarchist loud. At :28 and :35 the "what do you lack" is whispered again. How did I miss this? It's so low in the mix it's not hard to miss. I actually wish it was higher in the mix. Who else besides me didn't notice? Maybe it's my musician ears. tongue.gif

I missed it too and it's my favorite song on the

album! Rats! Had to replay the cd in the stereo and not

on the discman to discover it! It's really a gem!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif

Yeah, I mostly listen in headphones so I picked up on this quickly. I swear, guys, those who don't, you need to. trink39.gif Lots of little goodies bouncing around in the cans.

Edited by Presto-digitation

I first noticed this a few days ago, but I didn't know what he was saying. I couldn't make it out, and I was going to make a post asking if anyone knew what he was saying. It's in the initial instrumental part in which mirrors the part after the first verse that has the "telephone effect" vocal on it.

Cool stuff.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 22 2012, 07:51 PM)
Yes, on my basement stereo system I do hear it coming out of the left speaker. My right speaker is spotty anyway. But yes, there it is. what do you lack. I believe Snaked pointed this out a week ago, and I got confused because it was morning and thought he was talking about the title track, and I killed his thread. Sorry Snaked trink39.gif

mmhmmm!

see how you people are??

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Yeah, I've heard it, Actually, Geddy anticipates the rhythm with the base prior to the actual whisper. Then the voice doubles on the bass rhythm. Its just more of what we Love about RUSH!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 23 2012, 07:27 AM)

Yeah, I mostly listen in headphones so I picked up on this quickly. I swear, guys, those who don't, you need to. trink39.gif Lots of little goodies bouncing around in the cans.

yes.gif

Headphones are always the way to go. I rarely ever listen to an album for the first time any other way. You just can't hear everyting that's going on in a song otherwise. It's especially true when listening to an album the first few times. You just get a better feel and initial impression of the music that way.

"What do you lack?" 1022.gif

Edited by J2112YYZ

What is extremely cool is that when he says "what do you lack," it mirrors the part of the song after the first verse where the Anarchist specifically states what he lacks (i.e. smiles, diamonds, love, yada yada yada).

Pretty Cool.