Alex Lifeson on 'Clockwork' Tour Setlist

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 18 2012, 01:36 PM)
^---- Sorry to be the wet blanket, but no frigging way they make their shows any longer, let along an hour.

You know how long and exhausting these shows are for them already? There is the general physical strain and exhaustion + the added element of Geddy's voice.

If anything they may shorten the set slightly and quality-wise this probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

goodpost.gif

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 cents is now is the best time to play the new album in its entirety. Since it is epic, the have not done epic in a while, and that is what they are know for. Rush seems to be surging in popularity these days. What a statement to make.

My guess is that the band would do the first set as the entire new album, take a break and do really hot second set. I notice that many of the shows are indoors, which lends itself better for a cool lighting show. The new album is begging for an amazing light show. It would be spectaculer.

A pretty far out prediction, but I think the timing is right for it. As far as the second set goes, maybe a couple of old classic like Jacobs Ladder, but most likely the same stuff.

In theory, it's a little bit for everyone, new cd, a couple from the vault , the stuff they have to play. They can be bold and play it safe at the same time. At the end of the day, everyone is happy (not)

Just an Escape Artist, those were my thoughts exactly. A slightly shortened show by doing all (or most) of CA as the 1st set, and then everything else as the 2nd set. Or everything but CA tunes the 1st set, then CA the 2nd set with time left for a few "ender" tunes and then the encore. Edited by Owen Hardy

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jun 18 2012, 02:26 PM)
Sounds like the plan is to play most of CA on the first leg then switch it up a little on a second leg. Sounds great to me cool.gif

I was already planning on trying to make a show during the 2nd leg (attending here in Mpls in Sept) so that would be great. Unless by 2nd leg you mean the Europe dates. 2nd leg N America is what I'm hoping for.

Sounds like the plan is to play most of CA on the first leg then switch it up a little on a second leg. Sounds great to me cool.gif

RIAB just posted an Alex Lifeson Billboard interview where he seems to indicate the opposite "could" happen:

"There's a great deal of pressure on us now to do the whole record, which we don't anticipate. I think our intention is probably to prepare the whole thing; whether we'll do it or not we're still not sure, especially on the first leg of the tour. There's still a lot of older stuff we want to do, and we've got some great songs lined up from the past. We'd be loathe to drop them to add more of 'Clockwork Angels,' at least on the first leg. It's always nice to switch up on the second leg and make it a little different." ...

My only wish is the same as the last few tours. If they play Jacob's Ladder I can die happy.

Really though, I'll die happy anyway. And it will be a great set as usual anyway.

IMO, to do more than 6 songs off the new album is overkill. I know they want to showcase their new material, but c'mon, the whole album???? That was the only complaint about the S&A tour that I had.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 18 2012, 07:41 PM)
IMO, to do more than 6 songs off the new album is overkill. I know they want to showcase their new material, but c'mon, the whole album???? That was the only complaint about the S&A tour that I had.

SnA also wasn't a concept album wink.gif

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jun 18 2012, 08:05 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 18 2012, 07:41 PM)
IMO, to do more than 6 songs off the new album is overkill.  I know they want to showcase their new material, but c'mon, the whole album????  That was the only complaint about the S&A tour that I had.

SnA

s & a was an experiment gone wrong after feedback. facepalm.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 18 2012, 12:48 PM)
Alright! Rivendell! Lessons! Tears!

smile.gif

unsure.gif

ph34r.gif

bolt.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Jun 18 2012, 02:06 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised if Freewill gets dropped, you can almost see the look of dread in Geddy's face when he's about to go for the really high part.

OMG

rofl3.gif

I'm hoping for a deep cut off Vapor Trails (the title track, "Peaceable Kingdom," "Sweet Miracle," or even "Earthshine" again!) and more stuff from the '80s. My friend suggested a medley of "Kid Gloves" and "The Analog Kid"- "Analog Kid Gloves"! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 19 2012, 08:44 AM)
QUOTE (Jomboni @ Jun 18 2012, 02:06 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised if Freewill gets dropped, you can almost see the look of dread in Geddy's face when he's about to go for the really high part.

OMG

rofl3.gif

It's true. Even Alex has that "constipated" look in him during that segment of the song...EVEN Neil did BEFORE it...Proof of my avatar. wink.gif

QUOTE (Owen Hardy @ Jun 18 2012, 04:44 PM)

RIAB just posted an Alex Lifeson Billboard interview where he seems to indicate the opposite "could" happen:

"There's a great deal of pressure on us now to do the whole record, which we don't anticipate. I think our intention is probably to prepare the whole thing; whether we'll do it or not we're still not sure, especially on the first leg of the tour. There's still a lot of older stuff we want to do, and we've got some great songs lined up from the past. We'd be loathe to drop them to add more of 'Clockwork Angels,' at least on the first leg. It's always nice to switch up on the second leg and make it a little different." ...

Alex, give in to the pressure, the path of least resistance my friend, play the whole thing. Bring in circus carnies and huge clocks hanging from the rafters. Go Pink Ployd on our butts. rofl3.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Just an Escape Artist @ Jun 19 2012, 08:03 AM)
QUOTE (Owen Hardy @ Jun 18 2012, 04:44 PM)

Alex, give in to the pressure, the path of least resistance my friend, play the whole thing. Bring in circus carnies and huge clocks hanging from the rafters. Go Pink Ployd on our butts. rofl3.gif 1022.gif

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif