Clockwork Angels Redeems Rush Even Further

rushgoober

VT's biggest problem (aside from the abysmal sound quality) was the redundcy the album had..over half the album sounds like the same damn song...but I will say I liked most of vapor trails, so I disagree with you there goobs...

I do agree that SnA was a massive step above that album and that CA is even moreso......but the "best since HYF? " HYF to me is Rush's low point, and Power Windows is not a favorite of mine eather...so I'd say that CA is the best since either GuP or even MP...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VT has some great songs.

1) Vaportrail

2) Earthshine

3) Secret Touch

4) Sweet Miracle

5) Ghost Rider

Those 5 I can listen too anytime. The rest....not so much anymore.

I agree with you...the last two albums have some of their strongest songs in a long time. I disagree with you about RTB....I thought is was a good album with some of their best stuff on there in the post HYF era.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 18 2012, 06:15 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 18 2012, 07:40 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 18 2012, 07:30 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 18 2012, 07:17 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 18 2012, 07:11 AM)
S&A is a Comback album huh ? That is some funny shit laugh.gif

Yeah and I feel that way about the lazy song writing on this album, and we go around and around. Some people actually like S&A.

Lazy ? You talk out of your ass way to much

A bunch of really dull choruses in damn near every song? Yeah that would be lazy song writing. But keep jacking off to very average Rush and pretend its as good as the best albums, while trashing albums other people like. Noone cares.

Never said it was MP or anything like that. So no, no jerking off for me twit . Let me ask you this prince charming , you always say the mods here suck , the board is a joke, so why do you still come here ? Why ? Then you get all pissy when somebody calls you a Troll . Don't like it ? Go and take the know it all attitude with you, it's played to death bro

trenken's too busy jacking off to Metallica.

Oh, and Goobs still needs to pull his head out when it comes to VT. Sound issues aside, the album rocks! 1022.gif

Edited by Rushman14

Goobs knows that if he just slags VT once in a while people go nuts about it...

but Ill go with Geddyrulz reply

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 07:10 AM)
After a nearly flawless run from 1974-1987, there was the mediocre Presto and not so hot RTB.

Counterparts was a HUGE comeback album.

Then there was the seriously lackluster TFE, followed by VT, which was not only Rush's sole truly awful album, but one that is (IMO) a true embarrassment to their legacy, and not just because of the obvious sonic problems, although that certainly didn't help.

Thankfully, they turned it around AGAIN with another comeback album in S&A.

I was truly afraid the pattern would repeat: 2 sub-par Rush albums, 1 comeback album, then 2 more sub-par Rush albums, 1 comeback album... and yet CA broke the mold, with an album that's probably better than S&A AND Counterparts. It's probably (not quite ready to fully commit yet) their best album since HYF!

So anyway, with S&A, and now especially with CA, it's a HUGE step forward in redeeming Rush after VT, and while that wound will never truly heal, the scar is becoming less and less noticeable.

Have at it!

popcorn.gif

You were wounded and scarred by VT? Rush the band was wounded and scarred making it. They didn't make it for you, they made it for them.. As usual, but especially VT. Without VT, there's no S&A.. no CA. Too bad about the production, but a cleaner version will surface someday, whenever Chicki can get to it.

So anyway.. you hate it, but most don't. Although, most of us are reasonable about VT. You're a vicious hater of VT. You should be glad VT happened, cause if it didn't, T4E would have been Rush's last album. So harrumph.

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 18 2012, 12:00 PM)

Dude, goober slags VT regularly.. ad nauseum. You don't get a member title like his by slagging once in a while. Arrghhmmmf.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 18 2012, 06:33 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 18 2012, 09:20 AM)

yes.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober)
Have at it!

Everything you said is entirely your subjective opinion, of course. In mine, VT wasn't nearly the travesty you make it, and S&A not nearly the welcome "comeback" you say. We can agree CA is awesome, but for me it isn't a second great album in a row, it's a first after the dull S&A. There's my opinion.

Yep, and it's wrong...but hey... biggrin.gif

Exactly!

laugh.gif

And just because it's all my subjective opinion doesn't mean I'm wrong! no.gif tongue.gif 1287.gif moon.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 18 2012, 01:22 PM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Jun 18 2012, 12:00 PM)

Dude, goober slags VT regularly.. ad nauseum. You don't get a member title like his by slagging once in a while. Arrghhmmmf.

It's time for another VT trashfest! 1287.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 18 2012, 11:11 AM)
After a nearly flawless run from 1974-1987, there was the mediocre Presto and not so hot RTB. 

Then there was the seriously lackluster TFE, followed by VT, which was not only Rush's sole truly awful album, but one that is (IMO) a true embarrassment to their legacy, and not just because of the obvious sonic problems, although that certainly didn't help.

I was truly afraid the pattern would repeat: 2 sub-par Rush albums, 1 comeback album, then 2 more sub-par Rush albums, 1 comeback album... and yet CA broke the mold, with an album that's probably better than S&A AND Counterparts.  It's probably (not quite ready to fully commit yet) their best album since HYF!

So anyway, with S&A, and now especially with CA, it's a HUGE step forward in redeeming Rush after VT, and while that wound will never truly heal, the scar is becoming less and less noticeable.

Have at it!

popcorn.gif

You were wounded and scarred by VT? Rush the band was wounded and scarred making it. They didn't make it for you, they made it for them.. As usual, but especially VT. Without VT, there's no S&A.. no CA. Too bad about the production, but a cleaner version will surface someday, whenever Chicki can get to it.

So anyway.. you hate it, but most don't. Although, most of us are reasonable about VT. You're a vicious hater of VT. You should be glad VT happened, cause if it didn't, T4E would have been Rush's last album. So harrumph.

Hear hear!!!

You are absolutely right Lerxter. Most people on this forum don't remember back to that horrible summer of '98 when we all thought that was it.

Everything this band has done since has been all gravy......thick, gooey delicious gravy.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 18 2012, 10:11 AM)

I was truly afraid the pattern would repeat: 2 sub-par Rush albums, 1 comeback album, then 2 more sub-par Rush albums, 1 comeback album... and yet CA broke the mold, with an album that's probably better than S&A AND Counterparts.  It's probably (not quite ready to fully commit yet) their best album since HYF!

Have at it!

popcorn.gif

I agree that they made it for them. It doesn't mean it's not an embarrassment to their legacy though.

And I agree that they needed to go through that phase, that without Vapor Trails there would have been no S&A or CA, BUT, and it's an EXTREMELY important BUT - it never should have been released. It should have been shelved indefinitely or destroyed. It was unfit for released. Just because they needed to do it to get through the hard times doesn't mean it ever should have seen the light of day. no.gif

TFE is much better than VT.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 10:59 AM)
It doesn't mean it's not an embarrassment to their legacy though.

oh stop it, you sound like Trenken.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 18 2012, 02:18 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 10:59 AM)
It doesn't mean it's not an embarrassment to their legacy though.

oh stop it, you sound like Trenken.

tongue.gif

It's not an 'embarrassment', but I think it is their 'worst' effort overall.

I was truly afraid the pattern would repeat: 2 sub-par Rush albums, 1 comeback album, then 2 more sub-par Rush albums, 1 comeback album... and yet CA broke the mold, with an album that's probably better than S&A AND Counterparts. It's probably (not quite ready to fully commit yet) their best album since HYF!

Have at it!

popcorn.gif

Don't agree with the basis of your analysis -- your opinions of the albums presented as fact -- so it's not really possible to comment if I don't acknowledge the foundation of the discussion.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 18 2012, 09:15 AM)

Yeah and I feel that way about the lazy song writing on this album, and we go around and around. Some people actually like S&A.

A bunch of really dull choruses in damn near every song? Yeah that would be lazy song writing. But keep jacking off to very average Rush and pretend its as good as the best albums, while trashing albums other people like. Noone cares.

Never said it was MP or anything like that. So no, no jerking off for me twit . Let me ask you this prince charming , you always say the mods here suck , the board is a joke, so why do you still come here ? Why ? Then you get all pissy when somebody calls you a Troll . Don't like it ? Go and take the know it all attitude with you, it's played to death bro

Trenken says we mods suck? fists crying.gif

If that's true, I find that to be a curious comment from him as we've not busted his balls too much about his rampant negativity. We've pretty much let him express his opinions as he's seen fit. What's he got to complain about as far as how we mods have treated him?

Trenken, while we're on the subject, ask yourself why SO MANY people react the way they do to your posts. Is it coincidence? A conspiracy? Or do you not realize how your posts come across to other people?

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 18 2012, 12:57 PM)

If that's true, I find that to be a curious comment from him as we've not busted his balls too much about his rampant negativity. We've pretty much let him express his opinions as he's seen fit. What's he got to complain about as far as how we mods have treated him?

Trenken, while we're on the subject, ask yourself why SO MANY people react the way they do to your posts. Is it coincidence? A conspiracy? Or do you not realize how your posts come across to other people?

I still think Trenken's member title should be "Our Resident Ray of Sunshine" tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 18 2012, 02:57 PM)

IMO, Trenken loves to attempt to piss off people who disagree with him or who like newer Rush albums. A lot of folks here, including me and for good reason, find his attitudes to be arrogant, condescending, and very irritating.....and he knows it and enjoys it. I think he knows exactly what he is doing with his obnoxious posts and feels he can get away with pretty much posting any s*** that he wants to. He just doesn't express opinions.... he instigates and incites to no end and loves to see other members, esp those who are loving CA, get upset.

So yeah, that's why he is here....despite hating the board, Rush fans, new Rush albums, and the mods....he gets his thrills out of "stoking the fire"....and he's been pretty successful at it.

Pretty sad.

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jun 18 2012, 08:01 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 18 2012, 07:13 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 18 2012, 05:11 AM)

Yes, and while it's far from perfect, it's 100 times better than the album that preceded it.

no it is not no.gif

Got to agree that its not 100 times better than VT.

Try 1000 times - thats more like it.

Aside from the Recording levels being distorted on the produced discs ( which was a disappintment) , VT was Rush's triumphant return!

Redemption from VT????

Cover To Cover, I love VT!

Maybe you would have understood it better, had you read Ghost Rider!

Just 2 Cents, and 1 humble opinion! smile.gif