Should Rush Play ALL of Clockwork Angels this tour

ScottT67

Should Rush Play ALL Of Clockwork Angels this tour?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rush Play ALL Of Clockwork Angels this tour?

• YES
    • NO

I would say 6 songs would be appropriate. Title track, and The Garden are a must for me. The Anarchist and Carnies. and 2 more.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 18 2012, 10:06 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 18 2012, 09:01 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 18 2012, 12:05 AM)
It is really the only way the album can be properly presented. Play ALL of it! In ORDER! NOT broken up!

Um...no.

trink39.gif Same here

It's true.

You know I like S&A alot, but even I admitted that 5 songs in a row was WAY too much...especially to start a set.

I'd say a couple of 2-3 song blocks would work best.

Caravan/BU2B

Clockwork Angels/The Anarchist

Seven Cities/The Wreckers/Headlong Flight

There's a poll on CA live that is interesting...

What do you select? smile.gif

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=75156 <--- here's the poll smile.gif

"Let's say that Rush decide to do a standard tour for CA, with the usual greatest hits setlist and 4 new songs. Once a week they do a special CA night, with the whole album, and orchestra and movie on screen, the best you can imagine... plus they play as encores 2-3 songs.

The tickets are the same price.

What do you select? smile.gif "

Edited by Alexmai

If they Don't do The Garden i will be pissed 1287.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jun 18 2012, 09:14 AM)
I'd love for them to play the whole thing, but modern "greatest hits" audiences will spend 66 minutes drinking beer and depositing the by-products of the beer.

The masses want instant gratification.

Are there really that many "GH" audiences at a Rush show? Something like Aerosmith, who saw Steven on Idol, I could understand. But I always feel that most of the fans at a Rush show ARE true Rush fans and have the new album like we all do.

QUOTE (Scottjf8 @ Jun 18 2012, 09:27 AM)
I'd love for them to play the whole thing, but modern "greatest hits" audiences will spend 66 minutes drinking beer and depositing the by-products of the beer.

Are there really that many "GH" audiences at a Rush show? Something like Aerosmith, who saw Steven on Idol, I could understand. But I always feel that most of the fans at a Rush show ARE true Rush fans and have the new album like we all do.

There is a huge number of fans that want the same 10 songs over and over, sad but true

Scew the masses. Even the unborn masses. 1287.gif

I don't really have an opinion on this. If they want to play the whole thing, then I'm good with that. The wankers can spend an hour hanging by the pee trough while they play it. Then we'll all be in the right place. smile.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 18 2012, 10:45 AM)

I don't really have an opinion on this. If they want to play the whole thing, then I'm good with that. The wankers can spend an hour hanging by the pee trough while they play it. Then we'll all be in the right place. smile.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah, I mean...either way, I'm there. I don't look at the setlists...so I plan to be in attendance regardless.

QUOTE (ScottT67 @ Jun 17 2012, 09:38 PM)
If they are gauging the publics opinion on structuring the forthcoming tour, let's put it to a vote!

Dear RUSH:

There are, indeed, devoted fans on this board. But this board DOES NOT represent the majority of people who will be paying good money to come to your concert.

If you hope to leave the door open for R40, then give people a good time, a show to remember and DO NOT play all of CA.

Thnxz

QUOTE (Scottjf8 @ Jun 18 2012, 02:27 PM)

During the S'n'A tour, the beer & toilet queues got longer during the S'n'A stuff.

I mean, I loved S'n'A, but Christ almighty, even I had to go to the bar for The Larger Bowl, to get a la®ger beer. And then I went for a la®ger pee.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 17 2012, 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (Scottjf8 @ Jun 17 2012, 07:44 PM)
No!  We heard 2 songs last tour, and I don't wanna hear them or BU2B2. My list is

Carnies
Seven cities
Wreckers
CA
Wish them well

They must play "The Garden!!!"

^^ agree Earl!

I think they will get as much of it in the set list as they can, but probably not all of it.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 18 2012, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 18 2012, 10:45 AM)

laugh.gif

Yeah, I mean...either way, I'm there. I don't look at the setlists...so I plan to be in attendance regardless.

I think it would be cool to see... but I would miss the opportunity to see some old stuff.... then again, I am patient and can wait for the next tour... so like you guys said - either way, I'll be there. I already have my tix anyways smile.gif

God please no. They have so much music to cover, so much they still have never played, much they havent played in a long time. Id hate to see an entire hour dedicated to just 1 album, then all the time required to play all the standards which they have to play every tour, which doesnt leave much time left for the rest of their entire catalog of music.

6-7 songs off this album is plenty. 3 for Caravan, BU2B and Headlong, then 3-4 others.

Edited by trenken

Just reading some of Lerxst's comments:

"The set list is quite fluid these days," Lifeson reports. "We're dropping and replacing songs constantly, and that's the way it always goes before we get into rehearsals. There's a great deal of pressure on us now to do the whole record, which we don't anticipate. I think our intention is probably to prepare the whole thing; whether we'll do it or not we're still not sure, especially on the first leg of the tour. There's still a lot of older stuff we want to do, and we've got some great songs lined up from the past. We'd be loathe to drop them to add more of 'Clockwork Angels,' at least on the first leg. It's always nice to switch up on the second leg and make it a little different."

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/rush-bring...rce=most_recent

If there was a 'Whatever the band decides' option, I would have voted. Setlist is never a consideration to me and I really have no opinion on this. If Rush is touring, I'm there. The rest is frosting. smile.gif

It would eat up nearly a half of the entire concert, and yet I'm in favor of them doing it because the material is so good. We'd actually be getting a good cross-section of the different "sounds" of Rush, from straight-ahead rockers, to some softer stuff, to Proggy stuff, to complicated hard rock arrangements.

I'm okay whether they do all of it or not, but I'd lean towards a yes.

The Alex interview says they will play at least 55 minutes of Clockwork Angels ( YES!) - The article also hinted at a possible setlist change, halfway through the projected 2 leg tour, that will extend into 2013 ( If we are all still here, that is!).

Anyway you slice it: -A Concept Album from Rush is something I thought I missed, and could only taste through a retrospective lens. To actually be graced with this opportunity to get our Hemispheres! Our 2112! Our WALL, in the modern age is just epic! Hugh Syme is no doubt the EP of imagery for this coming tour! I say Cover to cover is the only way to go! smile.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 19 2012, 02:39 PM)
Absolutely! This is the tour for ALL OF CLOCKWORK ANGELS. At least the second leg of the tour.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Just like the S&A tour was all for S&A...and the VT tour was for all of VT...and like the TFE tour was for all of...

Oh, wait... unsure.gif