Good Luck on tour Geddy...

LeaveMyThingAlone

So not only is Geddy going nuts on Bass, but he is definitely hitting some high notes I haven't heard him hit in a while. I don't know how the man does it every tour, but seems with this tour in particular, he's gonna wipe himself out with the vocals on top of everything else he handles

Neil and Alex always do their thing and play incredibly, but it always amazes me watching Geddy handle everything. Dude is without a doubt one of the most talented musicians in the history of rock and roll.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jun 10 2012, 08:58 PM)
Yikes, he has a show every other day. I hope his voice holds. I won't mind if he delays like Van Halen if he finds recover time to be too little.

The highs actually arent that high. I think they might sound high since he often sings low around them which is a trick some singers use sometimes.

Dave Matthews is great at this. He doesnt sing very high, but he'll spend 4 minutes in a song singing low, then hit some highs that arent very high but sound higher when he does hit them. Geddy's doing that now.

And as always I come with youtube proof! At around 3:07 he hits a high, but its not really that high, and Geddy doesnt his any highs on this album than that. That one sustained note in Headlong I think is just 2-3 notes above that note Dave hits there.

He's truly a one man band up there! Doing just about everything a human being can possibly handle. Wait maybe thats it. Maybe they aren't human at all. Maybe RUSH are the three aliens they salvaged at the Roswell Crash back in the 50's. Gave them instruments and sent them on their way! No wonder they are so good!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Another one here at around 5:00. The point is because of the smart move Geddy made singing low most of the time, the highs sound higher than they really are so I think he'll be able to nail them.

They arent even close to as high as the old stuff.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 10 2012, 09:53 PM)
So not only is Geddy going nuts on Bass, but he is definitely hitting some high notes I haven't heard him hit in a while. I don't know how the man does it every tour, but seems with this tour in particular, he's gonna wipe himself out with the vocals on top of everything else he handles

Neil and Alex always do their thing and play incredibly, but it always amazes me watching Geddy handle everything. Dude is without a doubt one of the most talented musicians in the history of rock and roll.

"How can Geddy still hit those high notes?"

"Voice of an angel"

"I swear to God he must drink a lot of tea-"

"Totes"

"Or at least hot water with lemon. . ."

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jun 10 2012, 08:58 PM)
Yikes, he has a show every other day. I hope his voice holds. I won't mind if he delays like Van Halen if he finds recover time to be too little.

Hitting the 4th show on tour, so hopefully I'll get him before he breaks.

I am a bit concerned for Geddy singing all of these songs live - he certainly isn't taking it easy on any of the studio versions!

What makes me concerned? Only have to think back to Ceiling Unlimited. Great tune, love Geddy, but man he had trouble with this live.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 10 2012, 09:08 PM)
He's truly a one man band up there! Doing just about everything a human being can possibly handle. Wait maybe thats it. Maybe they aren't human at all. Maybe RUSH are the three aliens they salvaged at the Roswell Crash back in the 50's. Gave them instruments and sent them on their way! No wonder they are so good!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

They're not even human...It is THEIR'S to understand!!

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 10 2012, 09:30 PM)

"Voice of an angel"

"Totes"

The fact Jason and Ryan are massive Rush fans have made me love those two more than I already do. They portray fans so flawlessly that it's not even funny.

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 10 2012, 11:14 PM)

"Voice of an angel"

"Totes"

The fact Jason and Ryan are massive Rush fans have made me love those two more than I already do. They portray fans so flawlessly that it's not even funny.

Jason and Ryan? Do you mean Jason and Paul? confused13.gif

"I wish that I could live it all agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa<his voicebox melts halfway>aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaainnn!!!!!"

unsure.gif yeah he's gonna have a toughie there

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 11 2012, 12:21 AM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 10 2012, 11:14 PM)

"Voice of an angel"

"Totes"

Jason and Ryan? Do you mean Jason and Paul? confused13.gif

Whoops. Yes! Paul*...lol. My bad. It was late last night. wink.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 11 2012, 12:14 AM)

"Voice of an angel"

"Totes"

Wrong- it's not just funny, it's hilarious! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jun 11 2012, 08:56 AM)
Well, he isn't going to sing every CA song on tour. Maybe a few...

GeddyFinal.gif No red wine for YOU no.gif

Oh but what if he did? *sigh* biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 11 2012, 07:56 AM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jun 11 2012, 12:14 AM)

"Voice of an angel"

"Totes"

Wrong- it's not just funny, it's hilarious! rofl3.gif

Totes Maaa-ah-aaah....goats.

> Sup, bro? You wanna go to the Rush concert tonight!?

> Oh no, that's tonight? I have board game night with my fiance...

> Dude...IT'S F%@&ing RUSH.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Jun 11 2012, 08:39 AM)
Remember when Geddy had throat cancer and couldn't ever sing again?

Was that a rumor going around?

I only remember the Neil has cancer rumor around Roll the Bones, when it looked like he had lost some weight and he started wearing a bandana on his head....so someone started that rumor and it just took off

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 11 2012, 11:04 AM)
QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Jun 11 2012, 08:39 AM)
Remember when Geddy had throat cancer and couldn't ever sing again?

Was that a rumor going around?

I only remember the Neil has cancer rumor around Roll the Bones, when it looked like he had lost some weight and he started wearing a bandana on his head....so someone started that rumor and it just took off

My old band teacher told me in 2008 that Neil had cancer. I laughed in his face.

I am one who said I struggled w/ Geddy's vocal on this new one, BUT

lets ALL hope that Alex stays away from the mic!