• The Anarchist
    • Carnies
    • Halo Effect
    • Seven Cities of Gold
    • The Wreckers
    • BU2B2
    • Wish Them Well
    • The Garden

Since we're under a week away from the album being released, we can assume that another single will be released in the next few months at most to promote the album. Obviously, some songs are just not an option, but I wanted to provide all potential choices for the poll. I left out Headlong Flight and Caravan since both have been released as singles already.

So, what do you all think?

Honestly, I think The Wreckers has the biggest opportunity to catch people's ears. It's melodic and very catchy with that awesome chorus. I still believe this should have been the single before Headlong Flight, but oh well.

The Garden. It's got kind of an indie baroque chamber pop sensitive-mushy kind of vibe.... the hipsters will dig it. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 6 2012, 08:51 PM)
Who put bu2b2 ? rofl3.gif

That's what I was just thinking. laugh.gif

You smartass.... wink.gif

Obviously The Wreckers. This should have been their FIRST single - the song with by far the most commercial potential - catchy, melodic, of modest length by Rush standards.

I noticed The Garden got some votes, and while undoubtedly it's an amazing song, I just don't see it as a single at all - it's well placed as an emotional grand finale to a great concept album, but it's just too long and grandiose as a single.

Not that it matters cuz singles really don't mean shit for a band like this in 2012, BUT playing the game and pretending it still means something, The Wreckers...no doubt. It's radio friendly and yet still entirely RUSH.

They've put out enough prog oddities already and The Wreckers would be the nice, simple counterpoint to Headlong Flight, for instance.

Of all of them Wreckers is the only one I hear with any sort of mainstream potential, but of course it would never happen for them on mainstream radio just due to who they are and their age.

Their time came and went with Moving Pictures, but this song overall is probably the most commercial on the entire album. But its just still too much Rush-y to be accepted by the much younger crowd listening to mainstream rock these days.

They should release Caravan again, but this time as the B-side of BU2B. Those two songs are just that good! tongue.gif