Number of the Beast!!!

These list's Suck . Good for them , Great album 1022.gif . Clearly Oasis is better than Zep wacko.gif

What's great about this poll, it gets Maiden out there, free publicity, new fans!

Rod Smallwood must be rubbing his hands in glee, roaring "KER-CHING!" at the top of his voice. And good luck to him, top manager.

Maiden have been delivering the goods for decades (even the blaze era had the odd moment.....). Nice to see them getting mainstream recognition.

These online things are always such a sham (this one was done on facebook laugh.gif ), as it merely comes down to which artists get their fans to vote the most. Given that the demographic here was mostly young people voting, combined with the fact that Iron Maiden mentioned it on their FB page to get people to vote, this means pretty much nothing, even though Iron Maiden fans I am sure are patting themselves on the back for getting their band to win a meaningless poll. Edited by The K Man

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 30 2012, 08:58 AM)
What's great about this poll, it gets Maiden out there, free publicity, new fans!

Rod Smallwood must be rubbing his hands in glee, roaring "KER-CHING!" at the top of his voice. And good luck to him, top manager.

Maiden have been delivering the goods for decades (even the blaze era had the odd moment.....). Nice to see them getting mainstream recognition.

I don't think anyone who hasn't checked out Maiden already will now do so because of this poll

QUOTE (beherit @ May 30 2012, 04:59 PM)

I don't think anyone who hasn't checked out Maiden already will now do so because of this poll

There'll always be new audiences for Maiden music.

This story hit every paper in the UK & Ireland yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if NOTB re-entered the UK album charts.

In the Amazon UK charts today:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank:

#2 in Music > Bargain CDs > Greatest Hits

#4 in Music > Hard Rock & Metal > Heavy Metal

Amazon Bestsellers Rank:

#5 in MP3 Downloads > MP3 Albums > Hard Rock & Metal

#79 in MP3 Downloads > MP3 Albums > Rock

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 30 2012, 12:47 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ May 30 2012, 04:59 PM)

There'll always be new audiences for Maiden music.

This story hit every paper in the UK & Ireland yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if NOTB re-entered the UK album charts.

In the Amazon UK charts today:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank:

#2 in Music > Bargain CDs > Greatest Hits

#4 in Music > Hard Rock & Metal > Heavy Metal

Amazon Bestsellers Rank:

#5 in MP3 Downloads > MP3 Albums > Hard Rock & Metal

#79 in MP3 Downloads > MP3 Albums > Rock

Some people that have No idea who Maiden are will buy this album because it's number 1 on some dumb list. Same shit when someone dies, when Dio died Holy Diver went back in the Billboard charts

While I hate this type of list, it is too subjective and my opinion counts more than your's to me, it's great to see something different from the ****ing Beatles at number 1 or 2.

I haven't looked too hard at the other posts about the Rolling Stone Top 500 hundred albums, but I'm pretty sure in the top 20 there was almost nothing released after '75.

How the White album gets anywhere in a Top listings is quite beyond me. It could quite easily have been released as a single LP.

QUOTE (fritz44 @ May 30 2012, 03:23 PM)
While I hate this type of list, it is too subjective and my opinion counts more than your's to me, it's great to see something different from the ****ing Beatles at number 1 or 2.

I haven't looked too hard at the other posts about the Rolling Stone Top 500 hundred albums, but I'm pretty sure in the top 20 there was almost nothing released after '75.

How the White album gets anywhere in a Top listings is quite beyond me. It could quite easily have been released as a single LP.

The Beatles (the white album) is my favorite studio album by any band. Seriously. With the exception of the unlistenable Revolution 9, I love all of it.

QUOTE (beherit @ May 30 2012, 11:59 AM)

I agree. And as for Maiden finally getting mainstream recognition, Iron Maiden has been huge for a long time and their greatness has been recognized for years. They can't get any bigger, but their legendary status will always be growing.

QUOTE (beherit @ May 30 2012, 01:44 PM)
in his defense, I at least knew a FEW people who openly liked michael jackson before he died

No.......I'm just saying there is always a spike in records sells after an icon dies. Just like sports teams the bandwagoners come out of the woodwork.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 31 2012, 05:32 AM)
Piece of Mind is better ohmy.gif

yes.gif I think the first 6 are laugh.gif