What song from AFTK do you want to hear?

beherit

what song niggaz?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. what song niggaz?

• A Farwell to Kings
    • Xanadu
    • Closer to the Heart
    • Cinderella Man
    • Madrigal
    • Cygnus X-1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xanadu's the only one that actually seems like a possibility (besides CTTH of course).

edit: ...and Alex (or was it Geddy?) recently stated that they're definitely thinking about bringing the doublenecks back on stage. What else could that possibly mean? laugh.gif

Edited by SchemingDemon

XANADU.

I would've voted for the title track but I read somewhere that they tried to rehearse it for the R30 tour but Geddy couldn't sing it. If he couldn't do it eight years ago he sure as hell can't do it now. Xanadu is still a strong possibility though.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 26 2012, 07:11 AM)
XANADU.

I would've voted for the title track but I read somewhere that they tried to rehearse it for the R30 tour but Geddy couldn't sing it. If he couldn't do it eight years ago he sure as hell can't do it now. Xanadu is still a strong possibility though.

If they just tuned it down a bit I think they could play the title track

QUOTE (beherit @ May 25 2012, 05:42 PM)
I used to think these threads were silly, but if Rush actually listens to its fans by checking these polls, we could have the setlist predicted before September!

"checking these polls,..."And actually have a time machine. Let's not forget that little detail.

Edited by ioc

For me they should do A Farewell to Kings, Cinderella Man, Closer to the Heart AND the full unexpurgated Xanadu!

And yes Geddy can sing them, even I was singing A Farewell to Kings this morning while brushing my teeth: "wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiithered hearts and cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuel tormented eyeeeeeees, scheeeming demons dressed in kingly guiiiiiiiise, beeeeeeaaating down the multituuuuuuuuuuuudes and scoffing at the wiiiiiiise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

joker.gif <<< Farewell to Kings jester/marrionette

QUOTE (beherit @ May 26 2012, 11:26 AM)
XANADU.

I second that. I'm sure Ged could pull it of if he wanted to by means of lowing the key and altering some of the vocal melodies. I thought when they lowered the key of Circumstances on the S&A tour, it actually improved the song quite a bit. I'd also say the same for 2112 on the more recent tours.

QUOTE (Drummerrobin @ May 26 2012, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ May 26 2012, 11:26 AM)
XANADU.

I second that. I'm sure Ged could pull it of if he wanted to by means of lowing the key and altering some of the vocal melodies. I thought when they lowered the key of Circumstances on the S&A tour, it actually improved the song quite a bit. I'd also say the same for 2112 on the more recent tours.

Don't forget Bangkok.

The FULL Xanadu all the way!!! 1022.gif I really hope they retire their old MIDI pedals they have been using for years now, and bring the new Moog Taurus 3 pedals with them on tour which have MIDI capabilities!!! We need some good ole Taurus rumbling during the show, particularly on Xanadu.

I agree with everyone about retiring Closer To The Heart. It was a standard for years (it was played for 20 years straight), and then the band got sick of it so they dropped it, apart from playing it on special occasions like in Rio, the Toronto Sars concert, and the Tsunami Relief show in 2005. I personally believe they only brought it back for the Time Machine tour because of the songs inclusion in the Songwriter's Hall Of Fame back in 2010. They were likely proud of that accomplishment so they decided to give it more time in the spotlight in 2010 and 2011.